Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Deflowerer

Arcane
Just get to end game first for the love of god

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao okay okay sheesh.

BTW, just found out i like the game better with the voices muted. I prefer reading the text without voice acting while just having the music in the background.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, so i got in the middle of act 6. Gotta say, so far i like how they tried to fix the second loop. It's not super amazing but hey, it's something. Better than having to replay the exact same game three times in a row.

Game is still easy lmao but i did die a few times to some random shit, so i guess that's an improvement. Tutankamon or whatever that Kauri god was called was interesting. Didn't take me long to figure out i had to pop the totems to take the shield down but it's an ok gimmick.

Alex

Arcane
Ok, so i got in the middle of act 6. Gotta say, so far i like how they tried to fix the second loop. It's not super amazing but hey, it's something. Better than having to replay the exact same game three times in a row.

Game is still easy lmao but i did die a few times to some random shit, so i guess that's an improvement. Tutankamon or whatever that Kauri god was called was interesting. Didn't take me long to figure out i had to pop the totems to take the shield down but it's an ok gimmick.

I found the heist mechanic which you should have encountered or be encountering shortly to be pretty rewarding and a good way of getting jewelry to sell full equipment sets. If all the items you sell are somewhat high level (the actual level escapes me right now) and unidentified, you will get two chaos orbs out of the deal. Besides good heists can have various other kinds of items as well.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If all the items you sell are somewhat high level (the actual level escapes me right now) and unidentified, you will get two chaos orbs out of the deal. Besides good heists can have various other kinds of items as well.
I don't think the chaos recipe works in ruthless?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, i'm in act 7, but i think i need to fix my build a bit. I'm not sure what i was supposed to do but i couldn't survive that tidal wave attack the Brime King did, the one where the fishy female ghost come ups and the sea comes crushing down. Tried resistance and evation flaks, drinking everything before hand etc but he just one shot me every time so i just had to wipe my way through it until he was dead.

Alex

Arcane
Alright, i'm in act 7, but i think i need to fix my build a bit. I'm not sure what i was supposed to do but i couldn't survive that tidal wave attack the Brime King did, the one where the fishy female ghost come ups and the sea comes crushing down. Tried resistance and evation flaks, drinking everything before hand etc but he just one shot me every time so i just had to wipe my way through it until he was dead.

You can load your build on path of building and post a link if you want to share it.

Reina

Arcane

One glance, and considering you're level 60 and in act 6: your equipment is an absolute grabage. Campaign might not require much in terms of items, but you should at least eliminate those white pieces you wear, either by enchanting them or grabbing some rare stuff from the floor. I don't think you're even close to capping your resistances.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Tidal wave you mean when the arena closes? You aren't supposed to take that you just move and fight in that retarded small circle, probably worst boss in the game.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

One glance, and considering you're level 60 and in act 6: your equipment is an absolute grabage. Campaign might not require much in terms of items, but you should at least eliminate those white pieces you wear, either by enchanting them or grabbing some rare stuff from the floor. I don't think you're even close to capping your resistances.

Don't forget i'm playing ruthless. Rare drops are, well, rare, and so are orbs and stuff like that.

I checked a guide on the Brine King and apparently he loses his hit box during the tidal wave. I wish i had fucking known that lmao. So that's why i had no room to get out of those lighting strikes.

Perkel

Arcane
I checked a guide on the Brine King and apparently he loses his hit box during the tidal wave. I wish i had fucking known that lmao. So that's why i had no room to get out of those lighting strikes.

You definitely can avoid those lighting strikes. Like he said. You can go under crab not just outside of it. It is just practice. Same with those lightning balls in that other boss fight.

Your gear looks fine for ruthless. In non ruth you would be rocking already uniques, full rares etc. Ruthless is imho only worthwhile to play in POE now.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Brine King is one of the most retarded boss fight designs... you barely see anything.
There are far worse ones. But it is pretty bad yeah, locking you in a tiny arena while there are lightning strikes and random water projectiles is bad. He also has a short range aoe damage buff on himself to really dunk extra hard on melee characters.

Gerrard

Arcane
The only bad thing about Brine King fight is that the water splashes sometimes cover the lightning circles making them hard to see.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Lmao, so i made it past the first zone and i have already a support gem and twice the loot i get on ruthless.

I think from now on i'll just stick to ruthless for non-hard core characters (maybe on those two once i feel confident enough). The fact you have to make due with what you find is more interesting than i expected. It just forces you to play differently every time you reroll, there's no following the same build template every single time.
You do not need to play ruthless for that. Just play SSF and reach maps. Game becomes hard and you are dependant on what you can find or craft. And it is hard because game is balanced around trade and crafting also requires you to know what you are doing.

I got such a character doing yellow maps (lvl 73+) and dying is common even with a super tanky character because I cannot buy good stuff.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Decided to switch couple of things around, adding Immortal Call to make myself a bit more hardy. On my sceptre there's a node that adds endurance charges on kill at 50% less duration which is fine as Immortal Call eats them all anyway:

https://pobb.in/UzkcCXCgXiau

Currently making a beeline to a node (Sentinel) at the bottom that adds 10% to all resistances which ought to help patch up things as well.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, so i made it past the first zone and i have already a support gem and twice the loot i get on ruthless.

I think from now on i'll just stick to ruthless for non-hard core characters (maybe on those two once i feel confident enough). The fact you have to make due with what you find is more interesting than i expected. It just forces you to play differently every time you reroll, there's no following the same build template every single time.
You do not need to play ruthless for that. Just play SSF and reach maps. Game becomes hard and you are dependant on what you can find or craft. And it is hard because game is balanced around trade and crafting also requires you to know what you are doing.

I got such a character doing yellow maps (lvl 73+) and dying is common even with a super tanky character because I cannot buy good stuff.

What i'm enjoying about ruthless so far is the journey aspect. The fact you can only rely on found items means every time it's gonna be different. You could make the same exact build and follow the same identical path and still end up with a radically different character just because you never know what's going to drop.

I'm sure end game is going to be problematic but to be honest i'm not sure if i'll continue to play this character once the league ends. If it gets super grindy because of ruthless i'll likely stop and start fresh on next league, maybe play a non-ruthless character then just to at least check out all the mechanics ruthless left out. I feel i gotta do that at least once.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, i'll say the writing and lore in this game is not too bad but it's a bit too much of an info dump. It's nowhere near as excessive as Pillars of Eternity was but it did make me wonder why i should give a shit a few times. Quality of writing isn't too shabby by vidya standard, prose gets a bit purplish at times but i guess at least whoever wrote this isn't an illiterate fucktard like 90% of video game writers.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So the spider boss is dead and i'm in act 8 now.

Still didn't try delve yet, or that animal dude. There's also similar NPCs that apparently appear to offer nothing. Maybe they are disabled in ruthless but that begs the question of why keep them there then.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
You can sit out the lightning phase on Brine King via teleporting out and back in and just waiting out the grace period.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Decided to switch couple of things around, adding Immortal Call to make myself a bit more hardy. On my sceptre there's a node that adds endurance charges on kill at 50% less duration which is fine as Immortal Call eats them all anyway:

https://pobb.in/UzkcCXCgXiau

Currently making a beeline to a node (Sentinel) at the bottom that adds 10% to all resistances which ought to help patch up things as well.
Ruthless is very different than Standard so take my advice with a enormous grain of salt, but heading to Scion island on the skill tree typically isn't worth it for a Witch. The most valuable nodes on Scion island are the life nodes on the lower left. The Eastern (3 o' clock) path into Scion island is also the worst approach. Probably too late, I guess Regrets and refund points are pretty scarce on Ruthless.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom