Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Alex

Arcane
So the spider boss is dead and i'm in act 8 now.

Still didn't try delve yet, or that animal dude. There's also similar NPCs that apparently appear to offer nothing. Maybe they are disabled in ruthless but that begs the question of why keep them there then.

I think you should find the excavations dudes further on. The woman who won't talk to you will spill the beans once you find a marker, but apparently there are no more guaranteed rogue's markers in the 6th act, so maybe that will take a while? The other lady also just shows up randomly in some stages to send you back to the past so you can kill the aztecsvaal.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ho, i did find the exavation dude already, i just didn't feel like doing it. I have no idea what i'm supposed to do and it just feels like one big distraction from the main campaign.

Alex

Arcane
Ho, i did find the exavation dude already, i just didn't feel like doing it. I have no idea what i'm supposed to do and it just feels like one big distraction from the main campaign.

There are 4 of them, actually.

To be quite honest, I haven't gotten to the bottom of excavations yet. On the surface (ok, enough puns, sorry) you need to place explosives to unearth chests and enemies.

The chest markers indicate by their colours how good their loot is, while the skull markers indicate enemies, with the big ones being rare monsters. The markers with text on them give monsters some specific boost, but also increase loot from either chests or monsters in some way.

Among the loot, you will find currency items for the specific dude you've found in the stage. One of them will sell you items that aren't identified, working as a bet kind of deal. Another sels identified items, another sells other currency items you can bargain over and the last one sells currency for the other three (which makes his currency worth more than the other's). In particular, the most valuable currency of each of these npcs is an item that re-rolls and re-stock their inventory; and also apparently it is the only one that can be traded with other players.

Finally, there are also supposed to be maps you can find for them, but I've never found one, so I don't know much about that.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone have a build suggestion for a someone that has played PoE in the past but never made it to maps due to my previously shit computer? Would prefer some sort of a "standard" Witch/Templar build where I'm tossing out spells from a distance.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Anyone have a build suggestion for a someone that has played PoE in the past but never made it to maps due to my previously shit computer? Would prefer some sort of a "standard" Witch/Templar build where I'm tossing out spells from a distance.
I started playing again this season since I got the PS5 and decided to rebuild my Crook Mofus Flame Wall Spellslinger. Just love how it plays and how amazing the tree fits. You get the new Kinetic Bolt, Flame Wall, Lesser Multiple Projectiles all before Warden and you are good to go.

Otherwise, Bitterdream Spectres seems cheap and strong (Spectre Scepter? kekeke)

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Let me clarify, my ass will definitely need a build guide. So I'll take a YouTube video or a forum post or anything that someone has.

Peachcurl

Cipher

There are 4 of them, actually.

To be quite honest, I haven't gotten to the bottom of excavations yet. On the surface (ok, enough puns, sorry) you need to place explosives to unearth chests and enemies.

The chest markers indicate by their colours how good their loot is, while the skull markers indicate enemies, with the big ones being rare monsters. The markers with text on them give monsters some specific boost, but also increase loot from either chests or monsters in some way.

Among the loot, you will find currency items for the specific dude you've found in the stage. One of them will sell you items that aren't identified, working as a bet kind of deal. Another sels identified items, another sells other currency items you can bargain over and the last one sells currency for the other three (which makes his currency worth more than the other's). In particular, the most valuable currency of each of these npcs is an item that re-rolls and re-stock their inventory; and also apparently it is the only one that can be traded with other players.

Finally, there are also supposed to be maps you can find for them, but I've never found one, so I don't know much about that.
Yes, the real deal are the "maps" you mention, expedition logbooks. Function somewhat similar to the random encounters, but "on steroids" (i.e., with chests marked as having specific content, such as uniques or certain currency). They don't drop extraordinarily often, but I guess you can increase it via atlas tree...

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Would prefer some sort of a "standard" Witch/Templar build where I'm tossing out spells from a distance.
Builds like that tend to be on the weaker side in PoE and/or require a lot more gear to start feeling good.

This is the most hand-holding you will ever get for a PoE Build:

and I highly recommend you play that instead of anything else first. Later on, if you like the end-game, you can try a more gear dependent build.

Alternatively, if it absolutely has to be a Witch -> Impending Doom:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm in act 9 and the game now has introduced a full blown feminist. They HAD to go there i guess?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
And her old portrait was... interesting. Almost like it got inpired by Mysteries of the Druids or something.

I'm in act 9 and the game now has introduced a full blown feminist. They HAD to go there i guess?
Which one? Act 4th and 9th takes place in the Highgate, populated by Maraketh - a matriarchal? society/tribe.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
And her old portrait was... interesting. Almost like it got inpired by Mysteries of the Druids or something.

Which one? Act 4th and 9th takes place in the Highgate, populated by Maraketh - a matriarchal? society/tribe.

The tribal warrior wombyn whatever her name is.

She has a couple of lines where she specifically shits on "men".

BTW, the plot in the first part was interesting, but part 2 is definitely a chore to read through. It's like the game has one plot line and it's just variations on the same theme, over and over.

And i know this game wants to be a spiritual sequel to D2 of sort, but i think at this point i'm starting to grow tired of the magic "artifact" MacGuffin.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I must admit I was not expecting Jugg to be this tanky. I only got 3400 HP but I am able to do up to lvl 10 maps without much problems. I only have problems with chaos themed monsters that spawn with league mechanics even with 20+ chaos res.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It became quicker as you get used to campaign and able to finish it under 10 hours (not in Ruthless ofc) but still bothersome as fuck. They really should open delving, heisting and mapping as optional levelling ways.

Perkel

Arcane
yeah and after you finish it few times you learn map patterns so despite being random you know exactly where to go.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Scion VA is pretty good imho. Cadiro was awesome. They kinda fail at unifying league content. Blight would go well with delve. Instead of unifying it's stripped like Cadiro.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
WTF the -60% elemental penalty after killing Kitava.

Either way, i'm now done with the fucking campaign. Can finally get into maps and check that shit out.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I got my Jugg into lower level red maps, still sporting a 5L :(
I had a few 6L drops but none of them axes or armor or armor/evasion body armor so useless. Now I gave up on waiting for 6l to then craft on but now I will try to find worthy body armor first and then turn it into 6L so I got a lot of fusings now and maybe I get lucky.
Survival is still going strong even with only 3700 life lol. This build asks now to get a lot of spell supression for red maps but so far I didn't find anything good for any of my item slots so now I just decided to do red maps without it :D
I tried to craft a better axe but no luck so far, I am still using something I crafted while still in white maps that has about 450 pdps. I pick up all Despot Axes I find and try them on Forges to see what upgrades I can get and it is always shit.. only one I found that is only half shit and that is ilvl83 is one I tried crafting on and wasted everything good I had on it for zero results (essences and harvest energy).
I had a divine drop.. it would be so much easier to buy a good axe instead of this shitty RNG system.

tritosine2k

Erudite
I had a few 6L drops but none of them axes or armor or armor/evasion body armor so useless. Now I gave up on waiting for 6l to then craft on but now I will try to find worthy body armor first and then turn it into 6L so I got a lot of fusings now and maybe I get lucky.
Survival is still going strong even with only 3700 life lol. This build asks now to get a lot of spell supression for red maps but so far I didn't find anything good for any of my item slots so now I just decided to do red maps without it :D
I tried to craft a better axe but no luck so far, I am still using something I crafted while still in white maps that has about 450 pdps .
Look up tainted fuse. Niko's memory of chasms is easy source otherwise beyond.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I tried to craft a better axe but no luck so far, I am still using something I crafted while still in white maps that has about 450 pdps .
Look up tainted fuse. Niko's memory of chasms is easy source otherwise beyond.
Nah, I already specialized into Syndicate, Harvest and Expeditions. I am collecting some delving energy and hope to get some stuff there to craft over 20% quality on something worth using so to try to make a 6l (like a Despot Axe with good Forge abilities). Or from Syndicate when I get to right safe houses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom