Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Yosharian

Arcane
Tricksters can still sneak attack a lot vs many enemies with Invisibility.
Impromptu allows sneaking anything, you can melt any barbarian in the face and I think it is bugged since I managed to SA ghosts but I'm not sure how it works.

also fuck fey
201909060946119474.png

Also does anyone feel that FuckOffBaneAll elven sword is the only proper weapon to build Jaethal around? You can rush it on level 12 after Varnhold. I now use Holy Scimitar +4 and as a spare carry Ghostouch Elven blade +4, and I use imo best midgame shield on her still you get very early: Buclker +4 +3 against Melee (total +4 shield +3 Dodge bonus in melee), and I built her as STR character, but the more I think about it, Elven Curve blades, Unarmed, Crane Style, Crane Wing & Shield spell and Mithral armor would be same AC even slightly better by 1 point, but a lot more damaging.

I think that blade was made for her. Saint/Rogue/DD/something something. 1 level rogue asap, then splash somewhere else and be sure to get immunity to flanking and -2/-2 AC to enemies. Max stealth, +10 stealth cloak, combat invis.

By the way my level 13 Reg recently did about 500 damage with unlimited finishing cleave. it's like a chain explosion where you hit at full bab and when something dies it chains into finishing cleaves. what a trap feat!

Also you can now properly progress with heavy armor > mithral +1 > mithral +2 (rogue dungon) > Battle Master +4 (goblin after varnhold) > Onslaught. And Reg and Jaethal both not bad users of those. Reg is p tanky in those.

Aside from that itemization is still bananas where you go 0-100 in single few days sometimes. Skellington merchant feels like a crutch, artisans are still super uneven, and not enough +3 weapons in game. Some good ones are Cold Iron dwarven axe +3, there are more curved swords everywhere, that +4+6 hammer, etc. Longswords still trash tier except the end :shittydog:

ITS MONSTERS. AND ITEMS.
Can't developers ever figure out that simple d&d concept? you do cool monsters and they drop cool items. jesus. no IE successor still did it right I'd say.
Ps. Medusae now do aoe 30 dc petrify gaze. :M
Where do you get that blade from

razvedchiki

Magister
Impromptu allows sneaking anything, you can melt any barbarian in the face and I think it is bugged since I managed to SA ghosts but I'm not sure how it works.

also fuck fey
201909060946119474.png

Also does anyone feel that FuckOffBaneAll elven sword is the only proper weapon to build Jaethal around? You can rush it on level 12 after Varnhold. I now use Holy Scimitar +4 and as a spare carry Ghostouch Elven blade +4, and I use imo best midgame shield on her still you get very early: Buclker +4 +3 against Melee (total +4 shield +3 Dodge bonus in melee), and I built her as STR character, but the more I think about it, Elven Curve blades, Unarmed, Crane Style, Crane Wing & Shield spell and Mithral armor would be same AC even slightly better by 1 point, but a lot more damaging.

I think that blade was made for her. Saint/Rogue/DD/something something. 1 level rogue asap, then splash somewhere else and be sure to get immunity to flanking and -2/-2 AC to enemies. Max stealth, +10 stealth cloak, combat invis.

By the way my level 13 Reg recently did about 500 damage with unlimited finishing cleave. it's like a chain explosion where you hit at full bab and when something dies it chains into finishing cleaves. what a trap feat!

Also you can now properly progress with heavy armor > mithral +1 > mithral +2 (rogue dungon) > Battle Master +4 (goblin after varnhold) > Onslaught. And Reg and Jaethal both not bad users of those. Reg is p tanky in those.

Aside from that itemization is still bananas where you go 0-100 in single few days sometimes. Skellington merchant feels like a crutch, artisans are still super uneven, and not enough +3 weapons in game. Some good ones are Cold Iron dwarven axe +3, there are more curved swords everywhere, that +4+6 hammer, etc. Longswords still trash tier except the end :shittydog:

ITS MONSTERS. AND ITEMS.
Can't developers ever figure out that simple d&d concept? you do cool monsters and they drop cool items. jesus. no IE successor still did it right I'd say.
Ps. Medusae now do aoe 30 dc petrify gaze. :M

Where more curved elven swords added with the recent patch?
Also how would you build a 2 handed curved elven blade build?some lvls of vivi for the mutagen and the spells rest 2handed warrior?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yeah more weapons are everywhere, including I think +2 sword somewhere in the midgame and so on

I don't play vivis.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
how many times did sirotek end up invincible?

He stayed dead the third time I killed him. First time on that encounter I tried to use Battering Blast to get him away from Blakemoor. It worked great except the AoO it stupidly generates for the target when it gets blasted killed Blakemoor.

Guess I should have gotten Greater Bull Rush on Octavia if I wanted to use that spell. Maybe I’ll splash four levels of Water Kineticist and get my Surprise Spells at level 21.

Anyway second time Blakemoor jumped in an Acid Pit exhausting my patience with him. My patience with Grimoire lasted a little longer but not much.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah more weapons are everywhere, including I think +2 sword somewhere in the midgame and so on

I don't play vivis.

Vivi splashes are somehow both broken and usually suboptimal. They’re like pets. Good early, bad late, and crowding out more interesting things in the middle.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Also how would you build a 2 handed curved elven blade build?some lvls of vivi for the mutagen and the spells rest 2handed warrior?

My 2nd char in Varnhold run is currently 4 SS/4 Rog/1 Monk using the Elven Blade. Idea is to use the Rogue dex to dmg on Elven Swords. His AC is very very good.

Desiderius

Patron

My 2nd char in Varnhold run is currently 4 SS/4 Rog/1 Monk using the Elven Blade. Idea is to use the Rogue dex to dmg on Elven Swords. His AC is very very good.

Only problem SS4 has is passing concentration checks which go by caster level if I understand the mechanic properly. Yeah, you’re usually super tanky and only spamming touch of fatigue but it’s still annoying. Rog 4 is subtly stronger than Vivi 4.

The best ECB build has to be something built around the massive crit range. Advanced rogue talents or the crit focus line or just triggering outflank/seize chains.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
...actually by failing to remove it a few times... two in a row, actually. Note that failing at that is fatal so... could be good if its Jaethal who wears it.

Also Remove Curse is... too good. You want Break Enchantment.

Desiderius

Patron

By unequipping Cloak of Sold Souls multiple times
..what?

Demons don’t handle rejection well.

Shadenuat

Arcane
First demon is still bugged and is friendly btw.

on Unfair check is basically impossible until you hit endgame so I think best choice is to just use a companion or merc and let them die then res.
Jaethal, Linzi and Tiefling Sisters maybe can do it all but they get nothing from it being equipped.

Desiderius

Patron
First demon is still bugged and is friendly btw.

on Unfair check is basically impossible until you hit endgame so I think best choice is to just use a companion or merc and let them die then res.
Jaethal, Linzi and Tiefling Sisters maybe can do it all but they get nothing from it being equipped.

Jaethal can also use the staff of +4 profane int. If you’re looking for a necromancer Jaethal can be your girl.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So... is there consensus on best arcane caster build? Someone recommended Sage Sorcerer + 2 levels of Alchemist for max DC in another forum, but now I'm looking at Scroll Savant and that infinite spell slots business looks too good to ignore. Then there are all the stuff like taking 10 EK levels for Quickened spells on crits or AT levels for sneak attacks. So many choices ...

Desiderius

Patron
So... is there consensus on best arcane caster build? Someone recommended Sage Sorcerer + 2 levels of Alchemist for max DC in another forum, but now I'm looking at Scroll Savant and that infinite spell slots business looks too good to ignore. Then there are all the stuff like taking 10 EK levels for Quickened spells on crits or AT levels for sneak attacks. So many choices ...

AT is most raw power if you like to nuke, sage for high DCs with gnome illusion I think, Sylvan for less headaches. Sorc bloodlines are most fun playing with all the options, scroll savant most versatile and it feels good to clean out that inventory on something useful.

I’ve heard Arcane Bomber can rival AT but it’s not my thing.

Has anyone used any of the Wizard School abilities to good effect?

Last edited:

skaraher

Cipher
Is Scroll Savant finally good ? I heard that with its abilities and the increase in scrolls sold by merchant, you can basically cast whatever you want from any classes (no metamagic on scrolls tho) Should be a good way to do away with the Cleric in the party

Desiderius

Patron
Is Scroll Savant finally good ? I heard that with its abilities and the increase in scrolls sold by merchant, you can basically cast whatever you want from any classes (no metamagic on scrolls tho) Should be a good way to do away with the Cleric in the party

And just when I finally figured out a good crusader build too.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

It's supposed to be good. Not my kind of class, though. I tend to hoard everything till the bitter end, lol.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

The weapon is.... an extremly cool concept. In practice, when I gave it to Amiri in real time, I was very underwhelmed. Harm basically never went off before the enemies died. And its subject to SR, of course. She did A LOT more damage with the Vanquisher. Could be much better Turn Based, I guess. At least the spell could have a chance to go off. Although there are lots of undead enemies in the game and Harm should heal them... so may call for quite a bit of weapon switching.
Good news that Clarity, the +6 Elven Curved Blade with Ghost Touch is pretty awesome. There are few ghost Touch weapons around and ghosts are some of the most annoying enemies for me.

skaraher

Cipher
Speaking of annoying enemies is there a reliable way to mandrago swarm without relying on sirocco spam ? Each time i tend to sirocco + slow them and drown them with elemental swarm and summoned wyvern but it's a drain.

Desiderius

Patron
Lol good and crusader build doesn't seem quite right in the same sentence to me. You lose class features for a few combat feat.

Feats are the most valuable commodity in the game. The hard part is finding a build that cares about the feats you get with Crusader. Not caring about beating DCs or spell resists and/or buffing summons frees up some more.

The build is Falcata shield basher with improved crit/weapon spec lion’s claw, shatter, outflank, bashing finish, and greater two-weapon. Community or nobility domain both great.

Cleric self-buffs all stack (luck, sacred, and size) and scale per 3 lvls. Should rival Haplo’s monstrosities in burst damage.

Shield mastery is giving a ton of attack bonus (+7 on the + 3 speed heavy shield).

The weapon is.... an extremly cool concept. In practice, when I gave it to Amiri in real time, I was very underwhelmed. Harm basically never went off before the enemies died. And its subject to SR, of course. She did A LOT more damage with the Vanquisher. Could be much better Turn Based, I guess. At least the spell could have a chance to go off. Although there are lots of undead enemies in the game and Harm should heal them... so may call for quite a bit of weapon switching.
Good news that Clarity, the +6 Elven Curved Blade with Ghost Touch is pretty awesome. There are few ghost Touch weapons around and ghosts are some of the most annoying enemies for me.

Is the Bear Claw Druid scimitar thingie that gives you and your pet sonic and electric damage on every natural attack new? + 4 agile fists right next to it, Giggling Hill cave.

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
So I would like to actually finish the game, but my autism forces me to complete the magical prison quest first and I'm missing exactly one fucking monster somewhere...

:negative:

Desiderius

Patron
Speaking of annoying enemies is there a reliable way to mandrago swarm without relying on sirocco spam ? Each time i tend to sirocco + slow them and drown them with elemental swarm and summoned wyvern but it's a drain.

What kind of attack are they using? Ended up with some nasty ability damage on a fight that was otherwise a blowout first time I saw them.

Lambach

Arcane
So I would like to actually finish the game, but my autism forces me to complete the magical prison quest first and I'm missing exactly one fucking monster somewhere...

:negative:

Just Dimension Door in there and smack the bitch Lich up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom