Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I play it sometimes on HDD, load times around 30-40 secs for a big locations in the second half of the game on 6 years old PC with 16 GB RAM. I can live with it, but restart every couple of hours due to memory leak.
On newer PC with NVMe SSD load times are 5-10 sec at worst.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I always test game like these on both hdd and ssd due to the fact that I like to have many game installed and my ssd space is very limited and did not notice anything near such stark difference. There are games where ssd is on a completely different level loading-times wise, but neither PF nor POE2 are among them.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I really tried to win armag fight but wasn't able to. Once I even reloaded 10 times, buffed her like crazy (even with displacement potion) and still could not win. She probably needs a special build and I always go pure barbarian with her.
With Val only time I bothered to win was when she was KK, she destroyed that fool with her touch attack weapon.

You have to get him down reasonably fast, which means going big. Image and Displacement for D.

Desiderius

Patron
there is an option to respec.
Oh cool! I thought that was only available through mods.
Liking the game so far a lot mechanically but the story and the characters are kinda "weak". A bit childish maybe. I'm still only Level 4 though
Story grows up a bit over time.

Each companion is a subtle send-up of Western nonsense from our bros to the East. It’s well woven in to some interesting characters by the end.

Desiderius

Patron
Would you suggest multi-classing companions or am I fine leaving them in their main classes? I have no "meta" knowledge - I'm going in blind.
There is couple of companions who are built for Prestige Classes, one multiclassed from the beginning and another have all feats to meet prerequisites for a specific PrC. But beside them everyone are pretty ok pure.

A lot of the fun of the game is playing with companion builds on subsequent play throughs but they do fine as is.

Desiderius

Patron
In Val's fight, you can place grease, web, and stinking cloud before fight. Probably you can add sirroco, but I didn't had it. The palading will be lying on the ground, vomitting, and entangled in web. Val will just kill him without any fancy builds.

Unless you want to role play her as a Thug - which does work quite well mechanically - then she needs to lose that fight to start the process of getting her mind right.

The casual disdain for the Good, the Beautiful, and the True that she starts with is the usual ignorant snobbery of the spoiled rich/highborn.

Zumbabul

Savant
This paladin did not respect my authority. He needed a lesson on how to behave in my lands. I wanted not only kill him, but also to humilate. He deserved a death in grease and his puke.

Desiderius

Patron
This paladin did not respect my authority. He needed a lesson on how to behave in my lands. I wanted not only kill him, but also to humilate. He deserved a death in grease and his puke.

He’s very respectful to you, not to Val. She hasn’t earned anyone’s respect yet. She’s a brat.

Later on there’s a faction that disrespects you, and all three of you get to open up a can on their salty asses.

Daidre

Arcane
He sent you a letter over Valery's head exactly to show that he respects you, not her.

Zumbabul

Savant
He came to my land and demanded to take one of my "counselors" away from me! He deserves death in puke and grease!

Desiderius

Patron
I really don’t get the appeal of playing these games as a LE dorkwad, but evidently it’s a thing.

Zumbabul

Savant
I did not roleplay anything. His demands really offended me. I decided that this paladin is an asshole, and he needs to die like an asshole.

ArchAngel

Arcane

He’s very respectful to you, not to Val. She hasn’t earned anyone’s respect yet. She’s a brat.

Later on there’s a faction that disrespects you, and all three of you get to open up a can on their salty asses.
Nah, he disrespects my property. My NE Necromancer dealt with the paladin band in a very efficient and permanent way. Val got angry after that but she does not need to like me, it is enough that she obeys.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I am yet to build Amiri that can reliably beat Armag fight even with full buff, one lucky crit for 120+ damage and she is done, twice more on unfaire, and he crits often. So I just cheese this duel with healing potions spam from the inventory when I want to win for an extra RP option.

Some points in UMD, light her like a christmas tree just before the fight. Bonus points if you have a Mirror Image wand/scroll. Proceed to demolish him. Easy-peasy for any reasonable build. Last time I did that, he actually missed his entire Full Attack combo AFTER she was cutscene paralyzed by the sister.

Daidre

Arcane
Some points in UMD, light her like a christmas tree just before the fight. Bonus points if you have a Mirror Image wand/scroll. Proceed to demolish him. Easy-peasy for any reasonable build. Last time I did that, he actually missed his entire Full Attack combo AFTER she was cutscene paralyzed by the sister.
I never got Mirror Image wand from Irlene and scrolls were barely there before Arcane merchant was added. Without it he is often surprisingly lucky with anti-concealment rolls (blind fight?). So for me it is always ridiculously short duel for both win/lose situations- somebody gets lucky crit and script kicks in. Extra annoying that "Amiri lose" script trigger when she still has 1/3 hp.

Desiderius

Patron
I am yet to build Amiri that can reliably beat Armag fight even with full buff, one lucky crit for 120+ damage and she is done, twice more on unfaire, and he crits often. So I just cheese this duel with healing potions spam from the inventory when I want to win for an extra RP option.

Same. Thx for the heads up. You do need to Haplo her up to kill him in time.

Desiderius

Patron

Nah, he disrespects my property. My NE Necromancer dealt with the paladin band in a very efficient and permanent way. Val got angry after that but she does not need to like me, it is enough that she obeys.

So LE Dorkwad it is then. Thug Val will no doubt be aroused.

Desiderius

Patron
Not only LEs could grow attached to their blond "counselors".

You don’t win the love of a beautiful woman by catering to her pathologies; you earn her contempt and merit it.

It’s a Taming of the Shrew storyline.

Daidre

Arcane

That was a story of Jaheira - The goddess of romantic nagging.

Val turned out surprisingly sweet comparing to "Taming of the Whore" with Octavia.

But in the end I was a bad, bad person and dumped them both for an achievement and crazy lettuce.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
build me an elven warrior/mage,elfs the fairest and wissest of all kind.

LG Divine Guardian 3/Archaeologist 17 STR-based Elven Curve Blader. Just need to talk your Elvish companion into taking off a certain cloak...

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
You don’t win the love of a beautiful woman by catering to her pathologies; you earn her contempt and merit it.

Do companions have that much depth in this game? Because at the beginning they all sound like they either want to cut my balls off or at the very least objectify me as their sexual toy. I am not amused.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom