Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Kensai 18/Scaled fist1/Vivi 1 :thinking:

He seems most proud of his Eldritch scion build. What does it even do? Is it a good tank wouldn't a Dex Sword saint be better?

Yosharian

Arcane
Kensai 18/Scaled fist1/Vivi 1 :thinking:

He seems most proud of his Eldritch scion build. What does it even do? Is it a good tank wouldn't a Dex Sword saint be better?
If you're not going to dip Paladin then I don't see the point of going Scaled Fist

Just go standard Monk and dump Cha

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
If you're not going to dip Paladin then I don't see the point of going Scaled Fist

I didn't make that build. It's an InEffect one. I'd take Traditional monk and no vivi dip.

My idea for a Eldrich scion was Fighter 1 "Aldori swordlord"/Scaled fist 1/Eldrich Scion 18. But I don't know if these magus builds are good or bad? I made it to level 30 of the dungeon with one but it feels like my Sylvan sorc and Cleric are better.

I'm really not understanding the hype for them.

Desiderius

Patron

I didn't make that build. It's an InEffect one. I'd take Traditional monk and no vivi dip.

My idea for a Eldrich scion was Fighter 1 "Aldori swordlord"/Scaled fist 1/Eldrich Scion 18. But I don't know if these magus builds are good or bad? I made it to level 30 of the dungeon with one but it feels like my Sylvan sorc and Cleric are better.

I'm really not understanding the hype for them.

He feels like he has to Vivi dip because otherwise he'd be doing no damage at all (he uses no buffs/group effects). To him that sneak die looks massive.

Aldori Scion is a nice well-balanced, lore-friendly build with some staying power, but it does rely on a good team around it which InEffect doesn't have since he just plays simultaneous solo builds.

Tytus

Arcane
How do you get to sneak attack something when it is just you?

If I remember correctly if you have a weapon like Beacon that blinds your enemy or have an ability/spell that makes your enemy flat footed, blind or immobilized (so you can flank) you can still sneak attack while alone.

Desiderius

Patron
How do you get to sneak attack something when it is just you?

With one of the five other solo builds he runs simultaneously. He doesn't play solo, he just only understands solo builds.

Which is unfortunate for a munchkin since in P:K it's the group stuff that's OP.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Me too...
What do you think of this Aasimar? Doesn't even need photoshopping:

1562161937539.jpg
I am amazed at his international popularity,even nerdy codexers like you know the divinity that is AZIS!
here is him casting a Miracle spell!
maxresdefault.jpg

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Someone should make a AD&D 2nd edition backstab mod. Nok-nok is just slicing everyone up from the toes upwards. Even on giants, he rarely has to get to the knees or balls before they're paste.
:shredder:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Someone should make a AD&D 2nd edition backstab mod. Nok-nok is just slicing everyone up from the toes upwards. Even on giants, he rarely has to get to the knees or balls before they're paste.

There is true flanking and closer to table-top, but with how fast the flow of combat sometimes its kinda hard to use properly (both are designed for TB mod). It also removes ranged sneak attacks except on flat-footed target so you will probably only able to do so in the first round of combat. A very big nerf to normal Octavia build. Ekkun you can dip Slayer instead of Vivi.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Ineffect's builds are memes that would be laughed out of any proper Pathfinder optimization forum. They became influential because they kinda work, they look prestigious to the unknowing with all their splashes, and no one else put so much effort into such comprehensive build autism specific to the game. I hate that people still recommend them.

Pink Eye may have become a monk meme, but his monk builds prove he's 10x as knowledgeable about the system as InEffect.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ineffect's builds are memes that would be laughed out of any proper Pathfinder optimization forum. They became influential because they kinda work, they look prestigious to the unknowing with all their splashes, and no one else put so much effort into such comprehensive build autism specific to the game. I hate that people still recommend them.

Pink Eye may have become a monk meme, but his monk builds prove he's 10x as knowledgeable about the system as InEffect.
Except for that time when he forgot to, well, add a monk level to his monk build. Not even disgusting monk lovers want to play monks

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Don't want a long ass debate like when I complained about the map resting mechanic, but I found something else I dislike. There seems to be an expectation that you will go back into zones that you already cleared completely ages ago, and I'm not a fan of that. Especially since there are so many of them. I would have never found Jubilost or Ekun if I hadn't half-remembered from seeing what the companion classes were before playing that I was supposed to have them before Troll Trouble, because I already cleared those areas before they were triggered to show up. Now I just spent god knows how long wandering the woods trying to find Linzi's printing press, before finally giving up and googling and discovering it randomly appeared in the Witch's Hut zone, which I cleared completely forever ago. I'm sure the defenders of any criticism will tell me I rushed to those zones, or it's "realistic" for them to change randomly, but I think it's shit from a gameplay perspective.

That aside, still loving the game. I find the kingdom stuff utterly boring though, so kind of wish I set it to auto. Though who knows how good the AI is at auto-managing it. Also the wisps on the island required me to rest over and over so I could recast lightning protection. Again though... minor gripes overall, great game, etc. etc.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
To those who have tested it: What are your thoughts on the turn based mod?
It's fine. I played around with it in the DLC dungeon. The game is already Turn Based by nature, and is balanced as so. The only issue is the encounter design. There are lots of trash encounters because of RTWP. But you can always toggle between the two modes.

Desiderius

Patron

There is true flanking and closer to table-top, but with how fast the flow of combat sometimes its kinda hard to use properly (both are designed for TB mod). It also removes ranged sneak attacks except on flat-footed target so you will probably only able to do so in the first round of combat. A very big nerf to normal Octavia build. Ekkun you can dip Slayer instead of Vivi.

Ranged Vivi dip is close to the stupidest thing you could possibly do. Slayer isn't much better. Get that Improved Quarry Sweetness or just 8 levels of Huntmaster for Guarded Hearth/Inspired Command and giving Okbo Outflank and Shake it Off.

Ekun Big Damage.jpg

Cold Bow.jpg

Flat-footed is easy with Shatter Defenses.

Last edited:

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Ineffect's builds are memes
they kinda work
:philosoraptor:
Oh, please, you're just pretending to be retarded at this point. But if you really do require clarification, "they kinda work" as in "they are better than picking things at random", which is at least better than many, many other retards I've seen. I will never forget that moron on Steam yelling about how his 18STR, 7CHA sorcerer should work like "in every other RPG ever". And "they are memes" as in they are hilariously far from being the optimal builds they are presented as, and in fact worse in most cases than just 20 levels in whatever class. Seriously, what he did to Nok-Nok was criminal, and this is far from the only companion he built wrong. And it all stems from what Desiderius said, his inability to see the party as a unit that shores up each other's weaknesses, leading him to compromise each class's specialty in order to marginally cover whatever utility would be ordinarily provided by someone else. And also, I'd say, in his all-so-common among nerds desire to appear smarter than the rest, the only visionary good enough to see the splashes and hidden synergies that all the others missed.

Yosharian

Arcane
Ineffect's builds are memes
they kinda work
:philosoraptor:
Oh, please, you're just pretending to be retarded at this point. But if you really do require clarification, "they kinda work" as in "they are better than picking things at random", which is at least better than many, many other retards I've seen. I will never forget that moron on Steam yelling about how his 18STR, 7CHA sorcerer should work like "in every other RPG ever". And "they are memes" as in they are hilariously far from being the optimal builds they are presented as, and in fact worse in most cases than just 20 levels in whatever class. Seriously, what he did to Nok-Nok was criminal, and this is far from the only companion he built wrong. And it all stems from what Desiderius said, his inability to see the party as a unit that shores up each other's weaknesses, leading him to compromise each class's specialty in order to marginally cover whatever utility would be ordinarily provided by someone else. And also, I'd say, in his all-so-common among nerds desire to appear smarter than the rest, the only visionary good enough to see the splashes and hidden synergies that all the others missed.
Be specific, what did he do to Nok-Nok and how would you build him instead? Just curious

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom