Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Swole dude

Novice
Thank you for the suggestions bros. Also please no in-fighting, this a peaceful thread and frankly this is unbecoming. Have some class.

That is all.

EDIT: is sorcerer good? Never played one before.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Owlcat not bothering to have a full arcane caster NPC is probably due to them realizing how melee-heavy their campaign is.

Desiderius

Patron
You have more options in P:K than Deadfire by a good bit. Most of the splashes you end up with when you do this turn out decent or better (as with Amiri’s Barb level or ten on Freebooter).

Y’all are fixated on Octavia because you like to bitch but her Wiz level ends up being one of the few truly dead ones.

Deadfire is no slouch either - they both are in the happy medium that Wrath hasn’t found yet.

Desiderius

Patron
Owlcat not bothering to have a full arcane caster NPC is probably due to them realizing how melee-heavy their campaign is.

It’s not necessarily melee heavy once you figure out what you’re doing and the decision to make Octavia AT was about action economy not about “not bothering.”

Yosharian

Arcane
Hello guys.

I played this game a while but my save files were corrupted so I couldn't finish it. Looking to get back into it.

What is the best class for your player character? Any suggestions would be great.

What are the most fun classes to play with?
There's some builds in the link that's in my signature

Desiderius

Patron
R4 are the best levels in the game for DEX melee. You get it all. You can go Saint or EK or even AT10/Wiz6 from there.

But unless you do the latter all that Wiz level is giving you is an Enhancement (non stacking) bonus to a stat and a couple Mage Armors or True Strikes. You’re right, not completely dead.

Shadenuat

Arcane
are you trying to make me melt like a witch in wizard of Oz or something, because it is beginning to work.

Wrath has 2 both built in some ass backwards way and it's more unfriendly to caster than PKM ever was

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Not completely. AT is as much about viable (I.e. idiot-proof) non-spell action economy as it is nuking. The other way for Wiz to get that is a shape spell when you run out of your other ones and the Finesse and Sneak helps there even for non-AT.

That’s important in a setting with limited rest. People who waste a slot on a pure tank and another on a pure healer need the damage.

I’ve found if I just want her nuking I go R4 melee and unleash the cones or R4 Gish with Sword Saint or EK if I don’t need the casting at all.
I'm not saying she's not a good character. She very much is, and pretty idiot-proof as you said. All I'm saying is she's not a full wizard, and cannot do the same job as a full wizard with the same efficiency.

Well, she's the best crowd controller/buffer DnD wizard I've played. Not sure what more you could expect. 1 more caster level? That's really inconsequential compared with what she gains. Incidentally she's also a very effective and fun nuker.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
but you play sword saints
Well, true.
But since I've started using the Turn Based mode, I also started to use the abilities of other characters. Octavia definately was one of the big winners of the Turn Based mode transition.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
And pray tell, what advantage over Octavia will that bring in CC department?
Desiderius spent a few posts explaining the importance of not being a full level behind with your main class features just a few days ago. I expected better of you. But fine, quick example: At L3, a conjurer can cast Web (or Pit uf you prefer). Octavia can't. It's not the only difference, but is that not enough?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
And pray tell, what advantage over Octavia will that bring in CC department?
Desiderius spent a few posts explaining the importance of not being a full level behind with your main class features just a few days ago. I expected better of you. But fine, quick example: At L3, a conjurer can cast Web (or Pit uf you prefer). Octavia can't. It's not the only difference, but is that not enough?

Don't care about Web. Its too damn annoying. Pit and... Glitterdust - yeah, these are important. Still, I'd expect her to reach level 4 rather soon after recruiting her (party reaches level 5 in Prologue).
With Grease, Glitterdust and Pit, I guess she could help me conquer the entire game, were we stuck at these spell levels for some reason.

Desiderius

Patron
On your MC no reason to restrict yourself, but Octavia covers other bases. It's a wash with the edge to pure Conjuror but not nearly enough to account for all the limpdick hate.

Shadenuat

Arcane
there's way more shit than conjuration that serves as a golden key for an encounter x or z.

well nice that Wrath has shit which ignores land effects, immune to poison, and some just straight immune to being flat footed. it would finally make people

just play fighters. :dealwithit:

Desiderius

Patron
The bias is noticeable. Sry Shad we finally got a game for us. There's good stuff for casters too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom