Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I hate it but it's good for testing stuff because you level up fast. Other people enjoy it on its own terms. Good combat and itemization if that's your thing.

Desiderius

Patron
I don't know why more people, especially the caster MCs, don't put Octavia in melee. She's set up perfectly to be a Rogue murderlator, and in CotW that Point Blank isn't even a waste since it's a prereq for the very useful Coordinated Shot to help your ranged toons make up for the Soft Cover penalty.

OctaviaDuelistCharge.jpg

Efe

Erudite
arent items completely random? how is it good itemization.
it is enjoyable as a dungeon crawl but nothing amazing.
Still, what are the alternatives to it?

Desiderius

Patron
Random among all the items from the whole game and DLCs so you see stuff you’ve never seen before and some of it is available at the vendor which lets you design companion builds around what’s available.

You can check their inventory and reload easily before adding companions.

In game all items are set and there are several game changing ones.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I liked the dungeon it added in the main campaign, it had fun boss fights and the final one was the best in the game imho. Never bothered with the roguelike mode.

Desiderius

Patron
Boggard areas are so unfinished they’re an insult to the original designers.

Desiderius

Patron
Case in point. You damn sure remember Old Sycamore and Lake Silvermere.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

The only Boggaard area I can think of is the Tranquil River Bend. Well, memorable is a strong word but that dungeon leaves an impression because you get there at Chapter 1 but the dungeon is full of (for a level 4 party) strong mobs that can one-shot you I think? But besides that, it really isn't anything special especially if you get there later in the game.

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted

The only Boggaard area I can think of is the Tranquil River Bend. Well, memorable is a strong word but that dungeon leaves an impression because you get there at Chapter 1 but the dungeon is full of (for a level 4 party) strong mobs that can one-shot you I think? But besides that, it really isn't anything special especially if you get there later in the game.

Boggard Hunting Grounds (it's near Thorn Ford) is also added in the enhanced edition of the game... I think.

Desiderius

Patron
There are no Perception checks on the entire map (no skill checks of any kind!!), no significant drops, no named mobs, no quests! My God, didn’t you miss any of that?

The one significant item you can get by zoning in, looting, and zoning out. Total joke.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
There are no Perception checks on the entire map (no skill checks of any kind!!), no significant drops, no named mobs, no quests! My God, didn’t you miss any of that?

The one significant item you can get by zoning in, looting, and zoning out. Total joke.

Tbf... that applies to a lot of areas in Kingmaker right?

Like yeah Sycamore, Witch Hut, Silverstep Lake are memorable because of the quest and encounter there. But on the other hand there are a lot of those "zoom in zoom out" without much of anything in the whole game.

Desiderius

Patron
No, there are one fight areas. Even those usually have a Perception check and a couple hidden items and a story behind them.

That area has ten(!) fights and nothing else.

Desiderius

Patron
No, I was hoping you'd return to this one. I don't care about that one.

Desiderius

Patron
I think WIS to AC on Monk is that AC Bonus, but that could also be the AC Bonus you get every four levels leaving the Other as WIS to AC.

Looks like Saint was splashed merely for Dueling Sword + Focus then three levels of Swordlord?

Good Touch.jpg

Nothing untyped here.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom