Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/640820/view/3034842167044998963

Update 2.1.7 – May 20, 2021
Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

Areas

• Fixed the issue of how a secret cache in the statue of Torag near the Ruined Watchtower was displayed.
  • Fixed the issue when the camera could go under the ground in Lake Silverstep Village.
  • Fixed a critical issue related to the characters’ movement in the Jamandi Aldori's Mansion area.
  • XP was given incorrectly at the House at the Edge of Time area. Resolution: fixed.
  • Fixed errors in the dialogue with Jamandi Aldori at the Flintrock Grassland area.
  • Sometimes the entrance to Troll’s Lair failed to appear. Resolution: fixed.

Quests

• Fixed the issue due to which events of the Deal with the Devil quest at the capital square could fail to start.
  • It was possible to get a reward from Edrist Hanvaki more than once. Resolution: fixed.

User Interface

• Scrolling through the locations list failed to work. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Boon selection window for Beneath The Stolen Lands wasn’t displayed in the gamepad interface. Resolution: fixed.
  • Scrolling now works correctly in the recipe selection window. It now also displays recipes, for which there are not enough ingredients, as well as full recipe descriptions, with all the required ingredients.
  • The loot window displayed the number of items instead of its weight. Resolution: fixed.
  • Fixed how the newly obtained spells are displayed in the class progression window.

Turn-Based Mode

• In turn-based mode, enemies sometimes failed to use all their available actions. Resolution: fixed.
  • Sometimes characters could lose their turns if the party got a surprise round. Resolution: fixed.
  • A fight in turn-based mode could freeze when an AoE effect of a compound shape was activated. Resolution: fixed.
  • The game could sometimes freeze when you tried to change the action type in turn-based combat. Resolution: fixed.

Miscellaneous

• Fixed the error that allowed using two Combat Styles simultaneously.
  • Excessive game saves were created in the Last Azlanti Man mode. Resolution: fixed.
  • Linzi and Tartuccio were not added to the list of controlled characters automatically after joining the party. Resolution: fixed.
  • Decreased the memory consumption in the scenes with lots of characters (in particular, in Irovetti’s palace).
  • Audio: during the boss fight with Vordakai, a theme for Armag was played. Resolution: fixed.
  • Japanese localization has been added.

A friendly reminder:
while we deeply admire the contribution that mod authors make to our game, we would like you to remember that running custom modifications can lead to unexpected bugs and crashes. Unfortunately, if you encounter any issues while playing with mods, our team will not be able to help you. If this happens, please report these issues to the mod's original creator. Also, remember that after each game update, there is a high probability of previously installed mods not functioning properly. If you wish to play with mods anyway, disabling auto-updates might prevent your save files from becoming corrupted.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
>1:03
>Tyranny was the first cRPG to do hyper link in dialogue
I thought it was Pillars of Eternity that pioneered the whole hyper text thingy during dialogue.
PoE has hypertext for game terms (stuff like abilities and conditions), but I don't remember anything like that during normal dialogue like, for example, in Deadfire.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>1:03
>Tyranny was the first cRPG to do hyper link in dialogue
I thought it was Pillars of Eternity that pioneered the whole hyper text thingy during dialogue.
PoE has hypertext for game terms (stuff like abilities and conditions), but I don't remember anything like that during normal dialogue like, for example, in Deadfire.
I guess you're right. I don't see any hyper text in dialogue for Gilded Vale. But there is a bunch in character creation - like learning about the lore and stuff.
hmg41kW.png

Efe

Erudite
I believe everyone agrees modern art pieces where theres a blank canvas and a singular stroke or geometry on it are trash art

Efe

Erudite
Well it has more than one shape or stroke so I guess it passes the trash test.
Nice idea having her wear hijab.

Efe

Erudite
You can't fool me, it even has the flowery pattern!

btw, why did you draw her black?

Video games are games which merely contain art. A chessboard and pieces may contain artistic embellishment in their presentation, but are as a whole, ultimately a game. Remove the knight piece and place it in a display case on a mantle, it is now art. Remove that same piece from the mantle and use it as a paper weight, it is now a tool.

I might consider some "walking simulators" with no interaction beyond observation a form of art; however, there cannot be any conditional progress. It merely is and the person merely observes.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Video games are games which merely contain art. A chessboard and pieces may contain artistic embellishment in their presentation, but are as a whole, ultimately a game. Remove the knight piece and place it in a display case on a mantle, it is now art. Remove that same piece from the mantle and use it as a paper weight, it is now a tool.

I might consider some "walking simulators" with no interaction beyond observation a form of art; however, there cannot be any conditional progress. It merely is and the person merely observes.
I'll ask you the same thing I asked that other retard: Define art.

Xamenos Media created to express or represent an aesthetic, sentiment, or ideal. Due to it being an expression or representation, the observer cannot influence it.

Michelangelo's Sistene Chapel paintings are art because they are primarily aesthetic and sentimental, rather than literal record. Despite both being sculptures, the Jefferson Memorial Statue is a commemorative monument, while The Thinking Man is art. Ceremonial armor is art because its only purpose is aesthetic and not to functionally protect. Ancient weapons and armor adorning a room might serve as decoration, but are not art because they were created with primary purpose other than to express an aesthetic, sentiment, or ideal. This does not mean that tools or other objects cannot have art imposed or incorporated upon them.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Xamenos Media created to express or represent an aesthetic, sentiment, or ideal. Due to it being an expression or representation, the observer cannot influence it.

Michelangelo's Sistene Chapel paintings are art because they are primarily aesthetic and sentimental, rather than literal record. Despite both being sculptures, the Jefferson Memorial Statue is a commemorative monument, while The Thinking Man is art. Ceremonial armor is art because its only purpose is aesthetic and not to functionally protect. Ancient weapons and armor adorning a room might serve as decoration, but are not art because they were created with primary purpose other than to express an aesthetic, sentiment, or ideal. This does not mean that tools or other objects cannot have art imposed or incorporated upon them.
Your definition appears to exclude stories and books. Is this deliberate, or am I misreading it? And I can see the distinction that "the observer cannot influence it" as something arbitrary, tacked on only so you can exclude games, the interacttive art for no good reason. I feel that if we were having this conversation a hundred years ago you'd be claiming art was static just so you could exclude movies.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
At least he’s trying to draw some distinctions, even if they’re divorced (so far) from meaning. It’s a good start.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom