Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Andnjord

Arcane
I've only just noticed Valerie has something like 29 Damage Resistance and 50 Fire Resistance :rage:

Damn you Owlcat! Now I really do feel like a Beta Tester:argh:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Paladin should be really good in this game due to ability to augment weapon against anything. Pure For Justice is something I'd want to play.

Another one I want to play is lawful evil or chaotic evil female wizard scroll savant petting rabbit familiar in 20/20 int/charisma build with maximum UMD, Universalist school and that portrait of a tranny in fabulous red dress, with a voice set of Naga from Slayers anime.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Is this smug enough? I'm not sure if it's smug enough.

YCEKHB5.png
CSfWCMQ.png
NKR7Egv.png

Even without taking into consideration the mechanical implications of respec (of which there are many), it goes against the whole idea of roleplaying a concrete character.
"a wizard did it"
there, I fixed the roleplaying part for you.
So basically, you want infinite Wish?

You paste-eating fucking mongrels still haven't understood the issues, you just keep moving the goal-posts and creating strawmen.

Ahem.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psychicReformation.htm

Not really the "real" respec, but freaking game-breaking power right there.
Indeed, and widely known to be precisely game-breaking. There's also several other issues that could be discussed, such as that being 3.5, not PF, the existence or absence of psionics, etc., etc., etc.

But more importantly, it still continues to ignore the underlying issue. However the PnP works is entirely irrelevant to the existence and nature of respec in a CRPG and what it does to the game and it's design.

Here is Commisssar's Paladin moment before finishing act 1:

https://i.imgur.com/GK4FeSr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zig3sOc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ZzR3LHK.jpg

Vulcan Sol Invictus Thor Jesus but :obviously: Aryan. :hero:
deusvult.png
Deus Fucking Vult, Commissar Draco. :obviously:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Man, as much as I love the game, these new bugs are beginning to weigh on me.

Yeah same, I'm sitting on a perfectly fine end of chapter 1 save and I'm kinda hesitant to continue right now. I can deal with minor issues like a feat not working or double Amiri, but there's actual gamebreaking shit going on ATM.

The same. I have a save on chapter 1. Right before the kingdom part.

I will not touch this game until 22.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Originally posted by Fasolka:Hello everyone!

We'd like to let you know that we'll address the 'paladins and divine spellcasters losing their abilities' problem in one of the upcoming hotfixes. Namely, scroll of Atonement will be added to the game. It allows reverting character's alignment to the starting one.
what the fuck owlcats.

Vatnik Wumao

We'd like to let you know that we'll address the 'paladins and divine spellcasters losing their abilities' problem in one of the upcoming hotfixes. Namely, scroll of Atonement will be added to the game. It allows reverting character's alignment to the starting one.
what the fuck owlcats.
Lawful Evil Paladin, here I come. :^)

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Are some of the players so retarded that they can't understand the alignments, or is there some bug which causes paladins, clerics etc to lose their abilities?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Make an educated guess.

Wait, game is full of bugs, right.

The players cannot into picking correct options, yes.

Codex Year of the Donut

what the fuck owlcats.
oh, hey, one step towards respeccing
:positive:

Vatnik Wumao
Also, for those in favor of respecs, would you like some alignment respecializing as a sidedish? :^)

what the fuck owlcats.
oh, hey, one step towards respeccing
:positive:
Evil paladin - he protec, he attac, he respec his alignment bac

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Just finished creating my character and getting the custom portrait right. I'm barely on the part where you have to defend the outpost. Game is really good so far. The starting reminded me a lot of BG: SoD. Amiri's voice acting is pretty bad, though.

You're all making me paranoid talking about these bugs. Sounds like they didn't release a finish game if that's the case.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Did someone say ranger?

87nxw8H.png
BFUJb8g.png
fcAcptx.png

Are some of the players so retarded that they can't understand the alignments, or is there some bug which causes paladins, clerics etc to lose their abilities?
People are fucking retarded.

Exhibit A: Rusty.
Exhibit B: Incendtard.
Exhibit C: Disposable.

Oh, wait, that's just one exhibit and two sockpuppets.

Still, I stand by my statement, based on that, if nothing else.

what the fuck owlcats.
The more I see Owlcat do, the more I'm convinced that this was all a fluke and they're actually retarded. They might've had good ideas from the beginning, but they're too spineless to stand by them, instantly caving in an intense desire to be loved by the plebian masses. As with all SJW:s, acceptance and conformity, signalling virtue, is more important than being right, making sense, or taking good decisions.

This game made spiders great again

Sword Spiders ain't SHIT compared to the Doomspider. I gots ta' get my black and red ass in on that scene.
That said, they still don't horrify me as much as the sword spiders did. I still want to see a modern interpretation of the sword spiders as depicted in the original Baldur's Gate.
Also, considering that the Doom Spider and all the other spiders teleported in, I was sorely disappointed that they still looked like run-of-the-mill monstrous spiders instead of some kind of phase spider.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Sounds like they didn't release a finish game if that's the case.
This is the understatement of the century. The first and second chapters are pretty OK, though, aside from systemic and ever-present stuff (bugged characters, missing weapons, etc.), at least if you follow the plot-critical path (which you can't avoid in Chapter 1 at all). But by the end of Chapter 2 you'll really start noticing how the game is coming apart at the seams, start running into areas that simply don't work, quests that doesn't resolve, etc. I ran into Amiri in a random wilderness map and she behaved like we had agreed to meet there to kill something, and in one quest it's impossible to resolve it peacefully - even if you resolve it peacefully, all involved will act as if you just murdered the other side (which no-one is satisfied with, by the way; they don't actually want to kill each other).

Shit like that, all day, every day.

Yosharian

Arcane
It's better to design around making your character decisions matter, rather than respec... However, if you're gonna throw in retarded bugs like Bloodline abilities that don't even do anything, and depart from the source material so much that even Pathfinder vets are confused...

Well, I still don't think respec is a good idea, but I can understand someone being frustrated that they picked a feat that doesn't even work properly.

For example, the Madness domain has an ability that doesn't even do anything at the moment. You literally click and your character just stands there and then looks up like 'what do??'.

But yeah, respec isn't really the answer. Feat retraining (at cost) could be reasonable, since it's in Pathfinder PnP anyway.
You know what's actually missing from this game, especially since it's so fucking bugged?

The developer console.

I have no idea what they were thinking, removing that in a game that absolutely could've used one just for fixing issues such as starting/stopping quests, teleporting the party, adding/removing ability scores/skills/feats for testing purposes, etc., etc., etc.
Yes! You're absolutely right.

Yosharian

Arcane
The problem with respec is that it allows you to get through low-level content with one set of choices, then respec to different choices to tackle high-level content.
That's not a problem. That's an increase in your options, and doesn't need to be done by anyone who doesn't want to do it. Nothing but incline. Like walking into Baskin Robbins and being offered 31 flavors. Vanilla is there if you want it!
He doesn't get it

:negative:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Lmao

I have 16 hours played in this game and that's all time spent making builds and testing them in the first 5 mins of the tutorial.. Literally haven't started the game yet

:shredder:
I can't fault you for it, but the tutorial is not representative of the game at all, in terms of characters and builds. For example, Magus really doesn't come fully online until lvl 5 or 6 or so, and pure casters can be assumed to absolutely rape everything in lvls 15+ if not earlier. Bards are terrible in the beginning, but quickly become force-amplifiers that rely a lot on the party, etc.

Brancaleone

Prophet
Also, for those in favor of respecs, would you like some alignment respecializing as a sidedish? :^)
And a class-switching potion, and a scroll for reallocating ability and skill points. That would be the bare minimum. :codexisfor:
Oof you forgot the gender reverse potion/scroll. And Non-binary scroll too!
I KNEW I was forgetting something, and it turns out it was the most important stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom