Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
calm down :)) He meant mobility. You need mobility for harrim if you are decking him out in heavy armor and this further hinders his perception capabilities, as he's severely starved for skill points and splashing five or so into moblity takes a toll.
You only need 3 to get the +AC for fighting defensively right? 3 points is not a big deal and even without it he's fine as a secondary tank. Certainly much better than he would ever be as a ranged character.

Lord Andre

Arcane
These fucking rat jews!

Wait, the other way around. These fucking jew rats!

Does disarming the trap right before the cave do anything? If you don't, you hear some bells as you cross it so I'm guessing it's an alarm? But the positioning of the rats doesn't seem to change... 2 kikes at the entrance and shekel master at the back.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Does disarming the trap right before the cave do anything? If you don't, you hear some bells as you cross it so I'm guessing it's an alarm? But the positioning of the rats doesn't seem to change... 2 kikes at the entrance and shekel master at the back.
You win initiative. They are not in stealth and you can get few clean hits before concealment activates.

vazha

Arcane
calm down :)) He meant mobility. You need mobility for harrim if you are decking him out in heavy armor and this further hinders his perception capabilities, as he's severely starved for skill points and splashing five or so into moblity takes a toll.
You only need 3 to get the +AC for fighting defensively right? 3 points is not a big deal and even without it he's fine as a secondary tank. Certainly much better than he would ever be as a ranged character.
You need more if you want him to wear heavy armor, which you do. He starts at minus -8 or so.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is initiative bugged? I just got my PC sorted, started a new game, rolled a 20 DEX elf while using the composite longbow - and I'm always the last prick to the dance floor when battle begins...
Can't be right?.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You need more if you want him to wear heavy armor, which you do. He starts at minus -8 or so.
So what if he starts at -8?! He is not going to be tumbling through enemies and he can attack whatever he can in his melee range. And for bonus to Fighting defensively, game only care about having 3 ranks, not 3 total.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is initiative bugged? I just got my PC sorted, started a new game, rolled a 20 DEX elf while using the composite longbow - and I'm always the last prick to the dance floor when battle begins...
Can't be right?.
Everyone can move even if it is not their initiative. Other than that, it is still a D20 roll. With 20 dex you only got 5 to 20% more chance to be before those people, still far from guaranteed.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
So what if he starts at -8?! He is not going to be tumbling through enemies and he can attack whatever he can in his melee range. And for bonus to Fighting defensively, game only care about having 3 ranks, not 3 total.

Oh well, thought it was 3 total. So, why are you pumping Harrim perception if you have Jatheal in team anyway? wouldn't you rather pump mobility to avoid attacks of opportunity?

Last edited:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Can't be right?.
To my knowledge it works as designed.
First, you can look at initiative rolls in the log and examine the results for yourself.
Second 20DEX means +5 modifier which is applied to initiative rolls. That's a nice bonus but doesn't guarantee the initiative by itself even against an enemy without any bonuses. Add to that the fact that some enemies might have modifiers to initiative themselves.
If you really want to be somewhat reliably winning initiative you have to stack more +initiative than just plain +5 from DEX. Even more DEX, improved initiative feat, wizards can take a familiar with initiative (hare?), etc... Might not be worth in this game, you can still move even when you lost the initiative and it's not pnp so there is always reload if losing the initiative caused you problems.
At least that's my take on it, maybe others think differently.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
This feels like the largest RPG I have ever played, and I have played many. I have spent all day (flu) sitting glued to my chair, thinking this morning "eh, let's just wrap up chapter 2 and kill the trolls!" -- it's now 20 hours later and I am still in chapter 2, closing in on level 9. I haven't even unlocked additional advisor slots yet...

Funposter

Arcane
This feels like the largest RPG I have ever played, and I have played many. I have spent all day (flu) sitting glued to my chair, thinking this morning "eh, let's just wrap up chapter 2 and kill the trolls!" -- it's now 20 hours later and I am still in chapter 2, closing in on level 9. I haven't even unlocked additional advisor slots yet...

I just hit Level 8 after 43 hours. The scale is pretty immense.

Jinn

Arcane

Not only that, but there seems to be some real nice potential for replayability. Very impressive game that was clearly rushed out the door by the publisher. With the attention to detail and the passion these guys obviously have, there is no way they wanted to release it in the state they did. Too bad too, because their steam user rating would be much higher now without the bugs people are experiencing.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Does anyone know what the requirement is for the "castle" building? I keep seeing "bonus to X when adjacent to the Castle" pop up when I'm adding buildings to my capital but I can't build one.

MartialDoctor

Barely Literate

Yeah, I don't have the time to delve into this as much as I wish. But it has certainly sucked me in as well. I really am enjoying the world that they have created here!

Emmanuel2

Savant
Just killed Crag Linnorm on Unfair solo PC. Was level 15 when I finished chapter 2 and when I fought this.

Took a break because the load times are becoming more and more atrocious but the game is just too damn good.:negative:

Still haven't updated out of 1.0.8 because god knows what they've broken.

6N8Wwwg.jpg
7T54Xnb.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane

Oh well, thought it was 3 total. So, why are you pumping Harrim perception if you have Jatheal in team anyway? wouldn't you rather pump mobility to avoid attacks of opportunity?
Well my hope is that multiple people can roll Perception checks just like they can Trickery checks. Also helps when facing stealth enemies that you got multiple people with Perception.
And pumping Mobility for a guy in full plate does not work, you will never have enough to dodge AoE because DC for Mobility check is not static, it goes up with level of enemy that is doing AoO. I had it maxed on Linzi and even her could fail it sometimes when moving away.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Took a break because the load times are becoming more and more atrocious

Did you do cleaning? I mean, I heard that the reason for load times is all the items you left on various locations. So if you return and like gather them all, your load time will return to normal.
I just saw recently how guy who played solo experienced crashes further in the game, maybe because of that dunno.

Emmanuel2

Savant
Monster Tactician (probably the only pure summoning archetype) won't likely be able to survive anything past Act 1 on Unfair since summons are so shit without something to back them up (CC/Lockdown, buffs). Summons will get destroyed by 50-70 something hits too.

AC builds will most likely be fishing for crits. Monsters can crit too and it's basically a race towards who kills who with crits first only that the enemy has a x2 damage modifier due to Unfair, access to spells, more attacks per round and is more than one.

Particularly long explanation on why I chose a Feyspeaker druid for Unfair solo, so I spoilered it.

If you're gunning for solo on the lower difficulties, I heard monk and sylvan sorc is pretty good.

For soloing unfair past chapter 1 you'll need:
1. An answer for everything skill wise. Strength/Dex checks, trickery, persuasion, arcana, magic device (for out of school scrolls/wands), perception, etc.
2. An answer to everything combat wise. Dealing with physical hitters, trash encounters, area lockdown or CC in general, stat drains/damage, swarms, AoE damage.
3. To solve weight issues since you're just one member.
4. A way for taking the least amount of time per rest because Time issues.
5. To be able to survive surprise rounds, huge hits (sneak attack/crits) and spells along with fast movement speed without expending spell slots.

A spell caster druid answers everything.

1. Strength and Athletics checks are answered by your Mastodon/Animal Companion when available. Everything else you can comfortably stack up. There are very few feats that actually help a spellcaster druid, so you can afford to get skill related feats and spell focus feats.
2. Physical Hitters are dealt with by making your animal companion buff up, trash encounters are solved by low level spells with the animal companion, alot of CC (Sirocco, spike stones, entangle, cave fangs, etc.), Stat drains/damage (sirocco, plague cloud, creeping swarm) and AoE damage.
3. My Mastodon boosts my carry limit to 2500+ which is more than enough.
4. Druid have every cure wounds tier including Heal itself making you not spend a ton of time just healing.
5. A Druid with Huge Elemental wild shape has DR10/-, +natural AC, +6 to a few stats, immune to sneak attacks and crits, and a lot of movement bonus when using Fire/Wind. For the surviving elements part, the druid has access to both Resist Energy and Protection from Energy spells along with Stoneskin.

With the Feyspeaker archetype, you have more answers to everything. Heroism, invisibility, Crushing Despair (Will negate, -2 to all saving throws, huge monsters likely don't have huge WIS), mirror image, displacement, etc. at the cost of having wilshape later but the only wildshapes that matter are the Elemental ones.

You will have access to Haste, Mage Armor, Shield, wands, etc. due to Magic Device too. Feyspeaker uses Charisma so they have a boost in this skill.

You can clear up Tutorial + Olegs on unfair with a specific druid setup along with making everyone in your initial party (after tutorial basically) have a mastodon for the Oleg's fight. But why would you torture yourself for like 2% of the game, a druid with a good stat spread using a Mastodon can comfortably go clearing Challenging at the start, then hard then soloing unfair for the rest of the game before even the whole kobolds/mytes quest.

I can't say for certain if it will hold up until the very end on Unfair, and hearing about the tomb makes me think. But we'll see, everything up till now (Mid chapter 3) is pretty fine.

id you do cleaning? I mean, I heard that the reason for load times is all the items you left on various locations. So if you return and like gather them all, your load time will return to normal.
I just saw recently how guy who played solo experienced crashes further in the game, maybe because of that dunno.

I'll try using the cleaner mod and see, thanks. Throne room in particular is the longest for me but since you mentioned items, it could possibly be because of the stash there.

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane
Took a break because the load times are becoming more and more atrocious

Did you do cleaning? I mean, I heard that the reason for load times is all the items you left on various locations. So if you return and like gather them all, your load time will return to normal.
Yeah great, janitor simulator and rpg 2 in 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom