Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Because CE is a pain. It’s the Griefer alignment. Tho I don’t agree that it *is* a pain now, at least the city part. You just point where you want to go and the world revolves around you. Which also happens to be how CE looks at the world.

In general I don’t want the Abyss to be happy fun QoL land. CE QoL ultimately sux.

Or or OR, and bear with me on this nova-hot take, they didn't have to portray one of the layers of the motherfucking cocksucking Abyss itself as basically just another mortal city you'd find in Golarion, only filled with "Chaotic Evil" denizens (but somehow enough societal organization still exists to allow for organized slavery).

Can't blame Owlcat for this, of course, they were simply working with the material they were given by Paizo, but good god fucking motherfucking damn, it's some grade-A garbage.
Plenty of CE in mortal cities as well.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/331319.An_American_Tragedy

https://philosophybreak.com/articles/hannah-arendt-on-standing-up-to-the-banality-of-evil/

Owlcat has pretty good record in the two PF games of offering compelling depictions of the different manifestations of evil and how it plays out in practice and Alysshuriwhateveritscalled is another good one. As is Reg (tho he bleeds into LN and even LG because thry like him so much).

Which is what makes the one-dimensional and uninteresting character arcs of Wend and Cam all the more dissappointing. They’re little more than caricatures, and AreeSu not much better.

Blackmill

Scholar
So, is it intentional that healing spells and channel energy don't work (you still use an action, just no effect) when you fight

Minhago in the grey garrison?

Or is my game just horribly bugged?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So, is it intentional that healing spells and channel energy don't work (you still use an action, just no effect) when you fight

Minhago in the grey garrison?

Or is my game just horribly bugged?

I don't know about now but when I played it like months ago I can channel energy and heal just fine

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
They’re little more than caricatures,

In general WotR vs KM companion is just like that, KM are mostly deconstruction of characters while WotR is playing them straight. There are exception in both ofc.

But I stand by my opinion that Cam is by design a caricature. Her arc and voice direction and writing in general just screams CE Femme Fatale written by 12 years old parody. She is supposed to be corny and over the top.

That being said, it doesn't help WotR writing in general at all as the rest of the game writing is not up to par to make this parody shines. It instead resulted in the game writing feeling more asinine. But in theoretical game where the rest of the game is written better, Cam as sole CE parody would shine brighter.

Because CE is a pain. It’s the Griefer alignment. Tho I don’t agree that it *is* a pain now, at least the city part. You just point where you want to go and the world revolves around you. Which also happens to be how CE looks at the world.

In general I don’t want the Abyss to be happy fun QoL land. CE QoL ultimately sux.

Or or OR, and bear with me on this nova-hot take, they didn't have to portray one of the layers of the motherfucking cocksucking Abyss itself as basically just another mortal city you'd find in Golarion, only filled with "Chaotic Evil" denizens (but somehow enough societal organization still exists to allow for organized slavery).

Can't blame Owlcat for this, of course, they were simply working with the material they were given by Paizo, but good god fucking motherfucking damn, it's some grade-A garbage.
Plenty of CE in mortal cities as well.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/331319.An_American_Tragedy

https://philosophybreak.com/articles/hannah-arendt-on-standing-up-to-the-banality-of-evil/

Owlcat has pretty good record in the two PF games of offering compelling depictions of the different manifestations of evil and how it plays out in practice and Alysshuriwhateveritscalled is another good one. As is Reg (tho he bleeds into LN and even LG because thry like him so much).

Which is what makes the one-dimensional and uninteresting character arcs of Wend and Cam all the more dissappointing. They’re little more than caricatures, and AreeSu not much better.

My takeaway from the alignment system in pathfinder games is that as long as you say "it's just a prank bro" you're chaotic neutral at worst no matter what you do.

Desiderius

Patron
That’s Redditworld.

Stuff like Tsanna and Nok nok and Reg and even to an extent Nocticula and Deskari show they’ve got a decent grasp of some of the different ways evil plays out and how people end up caught in it.

About the only thing they’re allergic to is Lawful Good, but that’s the downfall of Redditworld too. GoT-style Antiheroism past its sell-by date. They use Magic Negros to fill the yawning vacuum.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Weird thing about that Mobility check is that your CMB doesn't matter (and you get auto-flatfoot on the AoO plus Ever Ready bonus) so you could even play a 1/2 class (mounted Feyspeaker?) I think without too much trouble. Nice not to worry about Agile Maneuvers.

Well, it surprisingly actually sorta works mounted. Rolled a Hasty Halfling ranger with a Racer Velociraptor (80 Speed before buffs) and he's pretty good. Damn fun running circles around enemies with him. Also good AB and damage, gets some niceties, such as Ever Ready and Power Attack much sooner. Even got Cleaving Finish from Combat Style! Plus even when the mount's movement runs out, the rider can still full attack if he's in position to...
Trouble is, enemies apparently roll for AoOs against both the rider and the mount. So you'd need to maximize Mobility on both. And buff both. And there are only so many OP Mobility items. Otherwise, even if the mount has good enough AC not to worry about AoOs, many enemies will spend their AoO budget attacking the mount.
Kind of pity, as its fun, simple and quite powerful.
Put Invis on Mount? Acrobatics?
Hmm, pretty good suggestion. But a number of enemies later on has True Sight, so it's not a universal solution.
Acrobatic movement can work (but then you have to enable it twice every fight: once for the MC, separately for his mount, ugh...). And we go back to the issue of the double arms race to overpower the enemy CMD with Mobility skill - now both by the rider and by his mount. And each failure is not only potentially dangerous, but also breaks the AoO chain on that enemy.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hmm, pretty good suggestion. But a number of enemies later on has True Sight, so it's not a universal solution.
They are going to patch in 1.4
  • Mind Blank now protects from all devices and spells that gather information about the target through divination magic (such as see invisibility, thoughtsense and true seeing);
Maybe it will even work!)

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Very interesting.

Although if the enemies can't see the mount, they should attack the "flying" rider during their turn, no?
Which would mean AC defenses become relevant again...

Desiderius

Patron
Very interesting.

Although if the enemies can't see the mount, they should attack the "flying" rider during their turn, no?
Not if they're dead/out of reach. Do Feared enemies still get AoOs?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Very interesting.

No, I don't think so. Also realized I shouldn't use rapiers on the ranger variant and probably need to burn a feat on exotics, because the best rapier can cause paralysis... and that'd be bad here.

The trouble is you can't kill everyone right away, because even if you have super high Initiative, you still need to let the enemies take their first turn in order for them not to be flat-footed and generate AoOs.

Desiderius

Patron
Very interesting.

No, I don't think so. Also realized I shouldn't use rapiers on the ranger variant and probably need to burn a feat on exotics, because the best rapier can cause paralysis... and that'd be bad here.

The trouble is you can't kill everyone right away, because even if you have super high Initiative, you still need to let the enemies take their first turn in order for them not to be flat-footed and generate AoOs.
No I mean put down Difficult Terrain (or slow their movement however) and ride out of their range each turn. Like a matador.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Very interesting.

No I mean put down Difficult Terrain (or slow their movement however) and ride out of their range each turn. Like a matador.
Guess that could be fun.
But flying enemies and enemies with Freedom would be immune. Plenty of winged demons I think.

Desiderius

Patron
If you look at what Vek did to the other Mythic Tricks in TT Tweaks Mobility is near the bottom of the list I’d like to try at this point anyway.

Sarathiour

Cipher
My issue is that I think it's a completely retarded mechanic that brings nothing, and I mean nothing, beneficial to the table and only serves as a pain in the ass that you just kinda have to go through because some retarded pink-haired motherfucking imbecile needed points for her/xir/theirs Game Development Course diploma.

My issue is not that some optional puzzle exist, but having half of them relying on some weird logic and an absolute dogshit UI. It's like playing domino, not really difficult in itself, but some asshole is constantly shuffling your piece and you are only allowed to play with your left foot. You're getting tired of it extremely quick.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
If you look at what Vek did to the other Mythic Tricks in TT Tweaks Mobility is near the bottom of the list I’d like to try at this point anyway.
Well for me its interesting. It's not as obviously powerful as Perception 2 or Persuasion 3, doesn't copy other abilities like Trickery 2, but it's its own thing that totally changes the playstyle and building priorities.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Lol, I don’t think Perception 2 or Persuasion 3 are all that powerful.

Vek changed them both (largely because of all the people going down that rabbit hole I suspect).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Wow, another Improved Trick at MR 5?
That's quite a game-changer.

And Mobility 3 works on spells... tempting.

Desiderius

Patron
They were definitely too backloaded. I just like the changes he made to all the tricks. Similar stuff for capstones and the like (and Mythic abilities and Feats - Shattered Defenses (Mythic) is flat-footed for everybody, two Armor-enhancing abilities, etc…).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Hmm, its tempting. The change to Perception 2 is pretty neat - you don't have to burn your most remaining feats anymore and it helps vs enemies who are typically toughest for crit/sneak builds.
Also extending crit range only kinda makes high crit multiplier, low crit range weapons more attractive again.
Which kinda brings me to the fact that I always envisioned a Trickster with a scythe.
Of course wanting to Finesse a scythe means 5 levels in fighter for Fighter's Finesse (Mutation Warrior for the Mutagen, I guess).

But then using Wide Sweep with Cleaving Finish, sweeping enemies that come after your character and keep loosing vs your Mobility should be a lot of fun. Sweep won't carry sneak attacks... but does carry Elemental Barrage.
Made some initial test - looks very promising.

Desiderius

Patron
Seems like you're just running in circles. You've got the rest of your team to kill/controls adds.

There are no adjacent bosses.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Running in circles is kinda the idea of the build :D

Think I've now settled on what I'm gonna play next. The Mobility build with Wide Sweep and Cleaving Finish is a lot of fun.

TTT modifying Perception 2 to allow beating crit immunity / fortification and not needing to spend feats to (mildly) improve crits, 2nd Improved Trick at MR 5, Mobility 3 working against spells... it all sounds very good and should make the build significantly better.

mkultra

Augur
My Unique Portraits mod has been updated to 2.0.
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/353?tab=files

* 220 new portraits has been added. Now mostly half-and full body portraits (previously mostly heads).
* Now categorized, just install what you're interested in.

353-1661104227-232127239.png

Sarathiour

Cipher
Look like a good collection, but I'll probably be rather using it for BG or some other DnD game, because it would be way out of place compared to the in-game artwork.

Blackmill

Scholar
I got fed up and cheated my way through the gray garrison fight. It's the most bugged encounter I've ever suffered through in a game. Basically no spells worked. And that's a big problem, since it seems like the whole fight is balanced around the player and their companions being super buffed, especially with their spells (spell DC is 66 for the combat). I'm going to assume it's the mods I have installed, because there's no way that the big story fight for a chapter could be this bugged.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom