Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why would a black woman rule over island aumaua nation?
She doubtlessly sounds like one, and has the headdress and the expression, so it's good enough for me.

(Maybe it's cultural appropriation, but black, aumaua, I don't really care)

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
can a player go rogue chanter and get sneak attacks on the dragon thrashed and wailed

that sounds like something that is a small bit broken

ac I forgot how much sneak attack does in this game, maybe I'm thinking of pillars 1 where it's 50 percent

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
can a player go rogue chanter and get sneak attacks on the dragon thrashed and wailed

that sounds like something that is a small bit broken

ac I forgot how much sneak attack does in this game, maybe I'm thinking of pillars 1 where it's 50 percent

Nope. Sneak attack damage bonus applies to weapon attacks (including many spell-like weapon "specials", like Thunderous Report). It doesn't apply to spells/chants/powers.

As for the magnitude of sneak damage, it starts at +30% and grows to something like +60% on multiclass and like +70% on SC. Streetfighter enjoys a +50% (!) stackable bonus from Level 1 whenever he's Flanked or blooded. Trickster has 15% less. Then at highish Power Level there's the Deathblows ability for another +50% (needs 2 afflictions or flanking+affliction - or just Persistent Distraction in melee, since Perception afflictions provide both conditions).

Plus there can be a +100% Backstab bonus for close range attacks from Stealth (and more Stealth attack bonuses for Assasins - that do work with spells).

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There is a random conversation between Eder and Pallegina, where Eder asks Pallegina if she wishes she could have children. Pallegina replies that if she could have them she would, and it's because she cannot have them that she gives so much of her life to the Republics. Eder says that he had been taking having children for granted, because of the free labor in the fields, but now he is getting worried over not having fathered any children. Pallegina concludes by saying that she knows he never liked thinking, but maybe it's time to start. Pretty based, my guess is Josh wrote this.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
There is a random conversation between Eder and Pallegina, where Eder asks Pallegina if she wishes she could have children. Pallegina replies that if she could have them she would, and it's because she cannot have them that she gives so much of her life to the Republics. Eder says that he had been taking having children for granted, because of the free labor in the fields, but now he is getting worried over not having fathered any children. Pallegina concludes by saying that she knows he never liked thinking, but maybe it's time to start. Pretty based, my guess is Josh wrote this.

Then he lost his nerve with Eder’s quest itself, and of course the whole dialogue you call based is from the entirely conventional “deadbeat dad” wise woman lecturing angle that’s now so obsolete it inverts reality.

Jabberwacky

Barely Literate
Is there going to be a 'Director's Cut'?

No Director or Disco Final Cut, Deadfire be done and shelved.

I think the OP was saying there should be a Director's Cut with a new or better editing pass, not that one was announced.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Then he lost his nerve with Eder’s quest itself, and of course the whole dialogue you call based is from the entirely conventional “deadbeat dad” wise woman lecturing angle that’s now so obsolete it inverts reality.
It's a matter of interpretation, which in itself speaks of at least some quality, as the outright hammering of tenets which we usually witness doesn't support any interpretation. To me it sounded like a realistic conversation between adults. One of them lacks, and knows for a fact that she lacks, something that the other has been taking for granted. There can be felt a degree of noble envy when she tells him he ought to start thinking and the unexpressed lamentation of "otherwise you may miss the moment and remain childless as I will be, only you will have had the chance to have this and lost it because of your own stupidity". If it's a lecture, it's a lecture to the idle and carefree men. It's not told from the perspective of "rebellion against the patriarchy" but from the opposite, the one that values the family institution.

On a sidenote, Pallegina's worldview is a punch to the face of any loonie who might consider her "a metaphor for transgender people", because her personality revolves around her rejection of her Godlike nature and active struggle to minimize her Godlike looks. A proof of that is seen when Giacolo, the animancer who helped her subdue her avian features is first mentioned. The player has a dialogue response in the lines of "why hide your features, you are beautiful as you are", with which she will disagree energetically and tell the player he doesn't understand :lol:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
How is that a punch to the face against the transgender angle? Quite the contrary, she goes to extreme lengths to remove her inborn traits in order to look like another race and be treated as such.

AwesomeButton

Patron
It's a matter of interpretation.

She is born with what is a disorder, and gathers the strength to recongize it as one and combat it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Her appearance is not a disorder. The childlessness and her discomfort with her Godlike appearance aren't connected.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Because motorcycles aren't invented yet in Eora so that curiously specific thing could be pathologized by society.

Efe

Erudite
her childlessness and her being a godlike is directly related.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Her appearance is not a disorder. The childlessness and her discomfort with her Godlike appearance aren't connected.
Yes, they are connected. Both follow from the disorder of being a Godlike.

Being a Godlike is clearly a deviation from the characteristics of the natural species of whatever kith race one belongs to.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yes, they are connected. Both follow from the disorder of being a Godlike.

Being a Godlike is clearly a deviation from the characteristics of the natural species of whatever kith race one belongs to.
Her discomfort with her Godlike appearance is not connected with her childlessness. She not being able to have children does come from being a Godlike, but that doesn't mean she would have any problems with her appearing as Godlike to other people.

Efe

Erudite
being a godlike is the trans-state
she refuses trans-state.
she throws away her fabulousness and feathers
She not being able to have children does come from being a Godlike, but that doesn't mean she would have any problems with her appearing as Godlike to other people
game says otherwise. where do you get your information?

AwesomeButton

Patron
Her discomfort follows from the social stigma. The social stigma is a result of longstanding cultural aversion to what differs from the norm - part of which is the infertility.

Edit: But yes, not directly related.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Her discomfort with her Godlike appearance is not connected with her childlessness.
If her appearance stems from Godlikelihood(wut?) and her infertility from the same Godlikelihood, then they are connected to the state of being a Godlike.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Her discomfort with her Godlike appearance is not connected with her childlessness.
If her appearance stems from Godlikelihood(wut?) and her infertility from the same Godlikelihood, then they are connected to the state of being a Godlike.
Yeah, but he means that she could have potentially been ok with her infertility and still feel the discomfort from her appearance (or vice versa). In this sense, they are not connected. Although they stem from a common root.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom