Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
I enjoy selling weapons worth 260,000 gold pieces to the local fur vendor on an iceberg in the middle of the ocean

Seusin

Educated
The plot had too much about woke pirates and noble savages and muh fantasy politics. The bits strictly about the gods were the least bad.

Should've done a lot of pruning or did much better at making the le fantasy politics relate with the godly parts.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
The plot had too much about woke pirates and noble savages and muh fantasy politics. The bits strictly about the gods were the least bad.

Should've done a lot of pruning or did much better at making the le fantasy politics relate with the godly parts.

opinions

it's obvious to see why the valians want slaves and that's bad engwith 2.0

it's obvious to see why the huana is a broken tribalistic religiously fanatic society that won't even plant seeds and that's bad

it's obvious to see that the rauatai are jingoistic imperialists and why that's bad

it's obvious to see that the principi can be hypocritical honor among thieves and why that's not really stable, and bad for the deadfire

the game doesn't favor one faction over the others

I think it comes down to personal opinion but I personally prefer less government intervention so the principi lined up with my views

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

opinions

it's obvious to see why the huana is a broken tribalistic religiously fanatic society that won't even plant seeds and that's bad

it's obvious to see that the rauatai are jingoistic imperialists and why that's bad

it's obvious to see that the principi can be hypocritical honor among thieves and why that's not really stable, and bad for the deadfire

I think it comes down to personal opinion but I personally prefer less government intervention so the principi lined up with my views

Uh, obvious is bad tho.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter

opinions

Uh, obvious is bad tho.
what

that wasn't a coherent sentence

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Trivial games are bad games.
opinion

what part is trivial

I think it's far more trivial to just have good and bad like every other idiotic game has

like oh demons vs angels, retard tier shit, divinity, pathfinder

it's the opposite of trivial actions have consequences good and bad, you aren't fighting the ultimate evil though so people that are dumb have a hard time understanding it

Seusin

Educated

Do you unironically blame Democrats/Unions/The Government for the current situation with Black America?

Also lol at the piratey faction having anti-slavery shit. Sounds like the devs read too much Tumblr and reddit and Ubisoft history.

Last edited:

the mole

Learned
Shitposter

Do you unironically blame Democrats/Unions/The Government for the current situation with Black America?
why would I, what gave you that impression

obviously if you try to integrate a race of people that have up to 30 points lower average iq than the founders and majority stock of the civilization there will be issues

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
that megaboss with her sigils has whooped my ass like 20 times in a row, I've got resistance to might and dex on my chanter phrases and everyone has captains feast food bonus so I'm only vulnerable to constitution afflictions

cipher ranger main
paladin chanter palle
fighter rogue eder
priest xoti
barbarian orlan dude

I'm going to try to beat nerieisclerlas first

first potd playthrough was pretty smooth I think I'm ready for nereisi clerals but we'll see, I just have go through 1 more realm

Delterius

Arcane
woke pirates
portrayed in the two shades of 'maniac psycopath who is also a slave trader' and 'maniac psycopath who draws the line at slavery'
noble savages
so noble their serfs are confined to slumhouses and executions are common

That said the Huana and the VTC are the two factions which are portrayed in a halfway redeemable fashion.

Last edited:

the mole

Learned
Shitposter

Also lol at the piratey faction having anti-slavery shit. Sounds like the devs read too much Tumblr and reddit and Ubisoft history.

also to call the principi just pirates is disingenuous it's more an offshoot of the valian republics with its own laws and so on

no one is stopping you from picking a faction that supports slavery

Desiderius

Patron
opinion

what part is trivial

I think it's far more trivial to just have good and bad like every other idiotic game has

it's the opposite of trivial actions have consequences good and bad, you aren't fighting the ultimate evil though so people that are dumb have a hard time understanding it

Bad alone is worse than good and bad, yes. Your clown world catechism has rotted your brain.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
that megaboss with her sigils has whooped my ass like 20 times in a row, I've got resistance to might and dex on my chanter phrases and everyone has captains feast food bonus so I'm only vulnerable to constitution afflictions

cipher ranger main
paladin chanter palle
fighter rogue eder
priest xoti
barbarian orlan dude

first potd playthrough was pretty smooth I think I'm ready for nereisi clerals but we'll see, I just have go through 1 more realm

Megabosses are A LOT stronger then any regular bosses (like Nersicylas).
You might want to invest in Spell Reflection potions for that fight. And well, you can retreat to the area entrance, the sigils can't reach you there.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
opinion

what part is trivial

Bad alone is worse than good and bad, yes. Your clown world catechism has rotted your brain.
good vs evil, angels vs demons

retard tier

nuance is actually good

but most people can't understand that, your actions have consequences

the mole

Learned
Shitposter

cipher ranger main
paladin chanter palle
fighter rogue eder
priest xoti
barbarian orlan dude

Megabosses are A LOT stronger then any regular bosses (like Nersicylas).
You might want to invest in Spell Reflection potions for that fight. And well, you can retreat to the area entrance, the sigils can't reach you there.
yea I'm a brainlet spell reflection would probably make it easy, I tried to raise my armor rating vs shock with that chanter buff but didn't really do much

the electricity is what gets me

Desiderius

Patron
opinion

what part is trivial

retard tier

nuance is actually good

Obvious is the opposite of nuance dumbass. How can an entire generation be so mind-numbingly ignorant yet arrogant at the same time? It’s really an accomplishment to be so unrelentingly off-putting.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
opinion

what part is trivial

retard tier

nuance is actually good

Obvious is the opposite of nuance dumbass. How can an entire generation be so mind-numbingly ignorant yet arrogant at the same time? It’s really an accomplishment to be so unrelentingly off-putting.
it obviously wasn't obvious to the retard in this thread earlier who said some factions are basically the good factions

when all factions have some negatives

most people are too stupid to understand nuance and automatically discard something without actually playing the game and finding out about it

he thought the huana were the good faction when I personally believe they are the worst

you're way past your prime

I don't know why you even post in this thread if you are incapable of appreciating this game

go back to whatever bullshit good vs evil shit you like

Desiderius

Patron
You said it was obvious yourself for fuck sake. And of course you’re right - by “good” they meant the retarded wokel version that turned all of y’all evil or “nuanced” braindead nihilists.

I was responding to your own characterization, then finding yourself at risk of having an original thought for the first time in your life you reached for your hurt durr nuance security blanket in a context where it makes no sense.

Soyer is too big of a pussy to risk nuance - that’s why his Twitter follows are 100% progtard and his games fail to hold player interest despite the beautiful setting and reasonably interesting gameplay.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Should factions in games be "balanced" (have good and bad sides) or should some factions be unambiguously good and some unambiuevil?
opinion

what part is trivial

retard tier

nuance is actually good

The idea that everything has to be "nuanced" has itself become as much of a cliche as the old "good vs. evil" at this point.

It's also fake, in that everything is nuanced, sure, but the nuance hardly ever amounts to making something that's good evil, or evil good. It just gives a bit of mitigation, makes more of a rounded composition in the aesthetic sense.

Everything in the world works on a Golden Ratio principle: it's about 5/8 what it is, and about 3/8 "nuanced" :)

Desiderius

Patron
The important thing is being unpredictable (i. e. non-obvious), which Soyer brand progtardism never is.

People who value nuance as something more than a mere shibboleth that just means “leaving out the good” value it on the basis of the novelty, originality, and yes progressive improvement inherent in it when done right and in good faith.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Should factions in games be "balanced" (have good and bad sides) or should some factions be unambiguously good and some unambiuevil?
The idea that everything has to be "nuanced" has itself become as much of a cliche as the old "good vs. evil" at this point.

It's also fake, in that everything is nuanced, sure, but the nuance hardly ever amounts to making something that's good evil, or evil good. It just gives a bit of mitigation, makes more of a rounded composition in the aesthetic sense.

Everything in the world works on a Golden Ratio principle: it's about 5/8 what it is, and about 3/8 "nuanced" :)
Factions in and of themselves are played out as an RPG trope. "Who do you want to side with?" is usually no more interesting a question than "What colour ending do you want?", as most factions don't differ from each other in any significant gameplay way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom