Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
mDFbe8b.png

Prime Junta

There is way too much good cheer in this thread.

Let's talk about balance and degenerate strategies. That ought to sort it out.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's not even leaked on the Russian sites, something seems fishy to me, since even random indies have EA releases up.

There are some comparatively high-profile releases that also don't have ...demo versions on Russian sites, like the standalone expansion to HoMM7. So, yeah, it's weird.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
It's not even leaked on the Russian sites, something seems fishy to me, since even random indies have EA releases up.

There are some comparatively high-profile releases that also don't have ...demo versions on Russian sites, like the standalone expansion to HoMM7. So, yeah, it's weird.

A real slav does not play beyond HoMM3 that's why.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is possible that the unavailability of the PoE2 beta on torrent sites correlates with a decline of videogame piracy in general over the past few years. I haven't seen any numbers though.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

A real slav does not play beyond HoMM3 that's why.
He then starts creating his own Fallout clone

Lacrymas

Arcane
It is possible that the unavailability of the PoE2 beta on torrent sites correlates with a decline of videogame piracy in general over the past few years. I haven't seen any numbers though.

These are the only statistics that can be vaguely compared that I found -

https://www.havocscope.com/digital-piracy-united-kingdom/ 2013, 18% of people admitted to pirating entertainment. Only in the UK. According to this study, https://torrentfreak.com/media-companies-track-pirated-downloads-for-marketing-purposes-150218/ , pirating games is around 14% of pirated digital entertainment.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/745996/gamers-pirating-video-games/ 2016, 35% of people admitted to pirating PC games. Worldwide. The problem with comparing these studies is obviously the demographics being polled. This statistic is probably being aimed at PC gamers, while the other one is the population at large.

According to another study, https://www.pcgamer.com/the-state-of-pc-piracy-in-2016/, the most aggressive pirates are in the US, with comparatively poor countries, like those in Eastern Europe, representing a very minor subset of piracy. Soooo, make of that what you will.

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I would guess that currently piracy suffers from the same problem that entire PC market has. The market gets choked with the neverending flood of shovelware and sometimes even the legitimate games slip under the pirate radars.

jungl

Augur
Im pretty sure they delayed this a month so they can do their twitch marketing shilling. So many normie nerds in their 20-30s spend money going to this comic conventions and wasting time watching shit like critical role despite not seeing very few of the voice actors actual work in stuff lol. Now you got a thousands of nerd parroting about pillars of eternity 2 cause the critical role guys brought them up. Question is will they buy pillars 2? No xD

Parabalus

Arcane

Denuvo and more games having an online component/frequent updates might be a factor - they made pirated games more akin to a demo, even for easy stuff like GoG it's a hassle to keep up with the latest version instead of paying a few bucks.

Reminds me of a Gaben quote:

Gaben said:
“The people who are telling you that Russians pirate everything are the people who wait six months to localize their product into Russia,” said Newell. “It doesn't take much in terms of providing a better service to make pirates a non-issue.”

Thonius

Arcane
As a russian I stopped pirate shit long time ago... sooooo. ( it's both games decline, increase in expandable income, lack of time, f2p games such as dota, mod scene, sales and steam)
And to pirate demo/beta you gotta be a hardass fan. I'm sure beta is somewhere in the webz... you just have to search at a right place.

Lacrymas

Arcane
As a russian I stopped pirate shit long time ago... sooooo. ( it's both games decline, increase in expandable income, lack of time, f2p games such as dota, mod scene, sales and steam)
And to pirate demo/beta you gotta be a hardass fan. I'm sure beta is somewhere in the webz... you just have to search at a right place.

As a slav, I only pirate games that aren't available DRM-free.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The entire premise is retarded :retarded:. People where killing each other because of religious wars so the Engwirh? create a pantheon of gods, instead of the obvious choice of creating one monotheistic deity, a supreme deity to stomp all others. One god to combine all the aspects, empowered with omniscience and omnipotence instead of this plethora of gods whom are at each other throats.

Ninjerk

Arcane
PoE story begins with the caravan stopping because you are too ill and then you being sent to fight wolves to get your own medicine.

So yeah, my hopes are not very high.
The game also forgets that it just told you through a wizened old caravan leader that you'll die if you don't get the medicine because it needed to soul wind or whatever.

Quillon

Arcane
http://eternity.obsidian.net/news/c...rtnership-for-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire

CRITICAL ROLE AND OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCE PARTNERSHIP FOR PILLARS OF ETERNITY II: DEADFIRE

Irvine, CA, April 10th – Obsidian Entertainment, developers of genre-defining RPGs such as Fallout: New Vegas and Pillars of Eternity, in partnership with publisher Versus Evil, and Critical Role, the biggest group in live-stream tabletop role-playing, are proud to announce their collaboration on the forthcoming Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. As a special treat for fans of the show, the Critical Role cast is returning to the characters they popularized in their first Dungeons & Dragons campaign, Vox Machina, allowing Deadfire players to choose Critical Role’s character voices for their created party members in the game. Special Vox Machina player portraits will also be available as a free DLC when Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire launches on May 8th.

“I was such a fan of the original Pillars game, and thoroughly enjoying being a part of the vibrant world the team created,” says voice actor and Critical Role DM, Matthew Mercer. “With the wonderful folks of Obsidian now bringing the entire cast of Critical Role to bring even more of the world of Eora to life, it’s sparked this incredible opportunity to bring our Critical Role characters of Vox Machina into their world via custom art and voice sets. A truly surreal milestone for this D&D nerd.”

“Working closely with the cast of Critical Role to bring Deadfire’s companions and story to life has been an amazing experience,” states Obsidian Entertainment Audio Director, Justin E. Bell, “Their incredible acting talent, ensemble chemistry, and tabletop roleplaying expertise coupled with Obsidian’s expertise in making deep, immersive, CRPG’s is the perfect combination. Together we’ve made something really special that we’re very proud of, and we can’t wait to share it with fans of RPGs when Deadfire releases.”

Critters and fans of Obsidian RPGs alike can pre-order Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfirenow from Critical Role (via versusevil.com), GOG, or Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Naesaki

Novice
PoE story begins with the caravan stopping because you are too ill and then you being sent to fight wolves to get your own medicine.

You could also just kill the entire caravan at the start and what not and completely ignore getting yourself cured of your ailment, you get some alternate slides before it then cuts to the biawic. Such a missed opportunity to have you dies days later cause you didn't find the berries to cure said ailment.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

When they said PoE will be the ''spiritual'' succesor of Baldurs Gate, they meant it, they took the all the boring and predictable parts from BG like generic story, generic setting, generic monsters etc. and of course the important bit, combat was a total cluster fuck. I mean it takes a lot of talent to make a combat system worse than something that was created 20 years ago, real fucking talent.

Lacrymas

Arcane

You could also just kill the entire caravan at the start and what not and completely ignore getting yourself cured of your ailment, you get some alternate slides before it then cuts to the biawic. Such a missed opportunity to have you dies days later cause you didn't find the berries to cure said ailment.

Nobody said you are going to die from the stomach ache. I think he said that doing something specific can get you killed, like drinking water or alcohol, or something like that.

Otterz

Literate
If I see just one more reference to Crit Role/Vox Machina I'm going to flip. Don't get me wrong: I am glad they managed to hire some quality VAs for Deadfire, but this whole whole "Collab! DLC! Intermingling fandoms! HYPE!!" is literally dragging my patience across the negative side of the chart.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom