Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Ninjerk

Arcane
:happytrollboy:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
So should I wait to play this until White March comes out? Or is the Patch 2 or whatever big over haul thing already rolled out and the expansion is just content, not changing mechanics?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yea plus you'd be overleveled and sick already of packs of 5 trolls. But maybe White March would make it just more interesting plus they promise to finally add good loot.

Atchodas

Augur
you should wait as long as it takes for them to release full content , dont think replaying PoE is worth it at any point , first act is exactly the same even every item you get will be pretty much the same , considering there is 0 real c&c replayability of this game is below 0 .

I am finishing my 2nd play because I am at the end and I really am enjoying the changes from the latest patches. With 2.0 and expansion I want to start a new character.
So should I wait to play this until White March comes out? Or is the Patch 2 or whatever big over haul thing already rolled out and the expansion is just content, not changing mechanics?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/3316...+The+White+March+coming+"soon"+&+"also+soon"/

During our recent interview with Obsidian's Adam Brennecke we were told all about the incoming expansion for Pillars of Eternity, The White March.

One of the first things we discussed was how and when players will be able to enjoy the new content. Obsidian are recommending level 7, although the area will be available when players are around level 5.

It was also confirmed during the interview that high level players will be able to opt for scaling difficulty if they want, although that's completely optional.

"After you get your stronghold in the main game, you can venture into the White March area, and it's completely side content, all optional, and it fits in with the rest of the game," the lead programmer and executive producer told us.

"It's another area that unlocks on the world map, and you can freely go back and forth between the White March areas and the base game areas at any time. You can bring all the good loot that you found from the White March areas, back into the base game. You can bring the companions back, back and forth. So yeah, it's very open-ended."

With regards to the first instalment of the expansion, the cunningly titled Part 1, Brennecke confirmed that it's coming "soon", but what about Part 2? It's "also soon, but we're not announcing that right now," the man from Obsidian teased. Let's hope they aren't too far apart.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So did Obsidian explain how are they changing the end of the game and other higher level areas if level cap is now bigger and this additional content seems to be mid level stuff?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So did Obsidian explain how are they changing the end of the game and other higher level areas if level cap is now bigger and this additional content seems to be mid level stuff?
I also thought about this. Later on, the game wil become a cakewalk. Level scaling? Stronger enemies if you are over level 13? I have no idea how this will work.

Deleted member 7219

Obsidian were obsessed with making the expansion Tales of the Sword Coast-style, instead of a proper post-game expansion like MotB.

For shame. For shame.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I also thought about this. Later on, the game wil become a cakewalk. Level scaling? Stronger enemies if you are over level 13? I have no idea how this will work.

Well, Baldur's Gate 1 did it by beefing up the final battle with Sarevok, but changed nothing else.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Well, Baldur's Gate 1 did it by beefing up the final battle with Sarevok, but changed nothing else.
That's what I'm thinking they might do, but it will make the game a breeze to play through.

Starwars

Arcane
I think Josh posted somewhere (I might be imagining this) that he agreed that a lot of the endgame is too easy as is as well, so it's possible that they will tune up the difficulty later on in the game regardless of the expansion coming out.

But yeah, I guess most likely the endgame will become easier still because of the expansion stuff.

tdphys

Learned
Yeah.. but a lot of that has to do with pacing too...
You're almost always overleveled at the end, since the poor XP requirement scaling can't hold up to the fact that you can mow easy encounters for too much relative XP

That's what I'm thinking they might do, but it will make the game a breeze to play through.

Well the game is kind of a joke difficulty wise. If you know the game you can absolutely slaughter people. The only fight that gave me trouble was the ogres.

ArchAngel

Arcane
By listening to more interviews about the expansion it seems them will have level scaling :( I can just hope it is BG2 kind of and not Oblivion kind.

Starwars

Arcane
I think they mentioned that it's a choice? So you can go in without any level scaling at all if you want (probably a choice that pops up when you go to the new areaa).

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think they mentioned that it's a choice? So you can go in without any level scaling at all if you want (probably a choice that pops up when you go to the new areaa).
So the option is (probably) crappy level scaling or completely trivial combat? Oh the fun..

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You can always start a new game, play up until the stronghold, play the expansion content, then quit. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom