Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Hilariously enough, the shittily ported Dark Souls actually recognizes my cheap-ass controller with no configurating necessarily (and even the vibration works), unlike other games, which require the Xbox360 controller (for which I'm not willing to shell out 30 euro's).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104402

Cheaper, sturdier, more comfortable, an actual high-quality directional pad, can switch between XInput and DirectInput for both old and new game support. Only problem is lack of rumble. The F510 has rumble but for some reason they discontinued that one and now it's hard to find.
I have the F710 from some Amazon sale, and it looks like it's the same exact shape as that. I've been meaning to get an actual Microsoft controller, because the Logitech one is very uncomfortable. It is heavier, fatter and more oddly shaped than a real 360 controller. The deadzone on the sticks mentioned in this thread is pretty apparent, and the triggers take more force to hold down. I got Spelunky recently, which requires you to hold RT to run, and after like fifteen minutes my right index finger is dead cold from holding it down. I never experienced that back when I had a 360 or when I bothered to socialize with my roommates.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
The XBox has Forza Motorsports so it's +1 solid game presently.

Forza is basically the only reason anyone should buy one of the new consoles at this early stage.
Yeah, you can get Forza Motorsports. Then you can spend hundreds of dollars unlocking the cars, you ridiculous fucking tool.

Wasteland 2
Hilariously enough, the shittily ported Dark Souls actually recognizes my cheap-ass controller with no configurating necessarily (and even the vibration works), unlike other games, which require the Xbox360 controller (for which I'm not willing to shell out 30 euro's).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104402

Cheaper, sturdier, more comfortable, an actual high-quality directional pad, can switch between XInput and DirectInput for both old and new game support. Only problem is lack of rumble. The F510 has rumble but for some reason they discontinued that one and now it's hard to find.
I have the F710 from some Amazon sale, and it looks like it's the same exact shape as that. I've been meaning to get an actual Microsoft controller, because the Logitech one is very uncomfortable. It is heavier, fatter and more oddly shaped than a real 360 controller. The deadzone on the sticks mentioned in this thread is pretty apparent, and the triggers take more force to hold down. I got Spelunky recently, which requires you to hold RT to run, and after like fifteen minutes my right index finger is dead cold from holding it down. I never experienced that back when I had a 360 or when I bothered to socialize with my roommates.

From my experience everything from Logiteh, except for mouses, is overpriced shit. Mouses are overpriced but good.

TedNugent

Arcane
Yeah, you can get Forza Motorsports. Then you can spend hundreds of dollars unlocking the cars, you ridiculous fucking tool.

Whoa, Nelly. I didn't actually buy Forza. I'm not spending $560 for a fucking console game in the first place. I figured if you were retarded enough to be curious, you wouldn't mind the price-gated DLC cars.

After all, both the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One actually expect you to pay $60 every single year just for the right to play your video games online. If you're that price conscious, you might want to look into Steam.

Gran Turismo 6 has price-gated cars, too. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/05/gran-turismo-6-microtransaction-prices-surface

IGN said:
You'll be able to buy in-game credits in denominations of 500,000, 1 million, 2,500,000 and 7 million. The cheapest pack is set to cost £3.99/€4.99, while a million will cost you £7.99/€9.99 and you'll need to exchange £15.99/€19.99 for 2,500,000 credits. As you'd expect though, the best value pack is the one containing 7 million credits, which sets you back £39.99/€49.99. We're still tracking down US prices, and will update this story when we know more.

Xbox360ConsumerPLUSEdition.jpg

Dexter

Arcane
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/...ube-video-creators-for-xbox-one-coverage.html
Microsoft is paying YouTube video creators for Xbox One coverage, according to a report.

A new scheme by Machinima has offered its video partners an additional $3 per thousand video views for featuring Xbox One content, according to Ars Technica.

Videos must contain at least 30 seconds of Xbox One game footage, a mention of the console by name, and tag 'XB1M13' to qualify.

A leaked agreement has also mentioned that video partners "may not say anything negative or disparaging about Machinima, Xbox One, or any of its games", and must keep the agreement confidential.

The report has said the agreement might go against FTC guidelines for endorsements in advertising, which must disclose "a connection between the endorser and the seller of the advertised product that might materially affect the weight or credibility of the endorsement".

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/...ube-video-creators-for-xbox-one-coverage.html
Microsoft is paying YouTube video creators for Xbox One coverage, according to a report.

A new scheme by Machinima has offered its video partners an additional $3 per thousand video views for featuring Xbox One content, according to Ars Technica.

Videos must contain at least 30 seconds of Xbox One game footage, a mention of the console by name, and tag 'XB1M13' to qualify.

A leaked agreement has also mentioned that video partners "may not say anything negative or disparaging about Machinima, Xbox One, or any of its games", and must keep the agreement confidential.

The report has said the agreement might go against FTC guidelines for endorsements in advertising, which must disclose "a connection between the endorser and the seller of the advertised product that might materially affect the weight or credibility of the endorsement".

lol Stingy with that jewgold aren't you microshit?

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
According to a leaked copy of the full legal agreement behind the promotion, video creators "may not say anything negative or disparaging about Machinima, Xbox One, or any of its Games" and must keep the details of the promotional agreement confidential in order to qualify for payment. In other words, to get the money, video makers have to speak positively (or at least neutrally) about the Xbox One, and they can't say they're being paid to do so.

Isnt this shit illegal?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
According to a leaked copy of the full legal agreement behind the promotion, video creators "may not say anything negative or disparaging about Machinima, Xbox One, or any of its Games" and must keep the details of the promotional agreement confidential in order to qualify for payment. In other words, to get the money, video makers have to speak positively (or at least neutrally) about the Xbox One, and they can't say they're being paid to do so.

Isnt this shit illegal?

"Illegality" is the standard modus operandi to keep these monstrous inflexible firms competitive. But only them are allowed to commit fraud, remember that. Saying otherwise would brand you a commie.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It doesn't surprise me one bit. There's too much riding on these new consoles, way too much to play it by the book. Especially with such horrible launch titles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom