Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Redaxium - First person view. Stat-heavy RPG. Original title.

Developer
Hello everyone.

It appears my newest patch 0.61 has caused some controversy.

Some concerns have been expressed that somehow I will corrupt players' saves and that my rapid fire updates increase that risk.

In response i've decided I will conduct a more thorough audit of the save-system as a whole.
The focus: what if the save-system itself becomes corrupted?

While the probability is low on average, the certainty is high long-term, if that makes sense.

Personally this matters to me because players should want updates, not fear them.

d1nolore

Savant
How many hours of play does it have so far, and how many will it have on release?

Developer
Finitron Probably not. I rather make a sequel or move onto making a different game.

d1nolore
I could answer how much there is to do right now but that's going to fundamentally change in few days.

Instead I will express this in terms of bathtub temperature.

*redacted*

These are just estimates ofcourse.

edit; when game leaves Early Access, maybe a full 24 hours of gameplay? This is hard to predict because of playstyles.

Last edited:

d1nolore

Savant
Finitron Probably not. I rather make a sequel or move onto making a different game.

d1nolore
I could answer how much there is to do right now but that's going to fundamentally change in few days.

*redacted*

edit; when game leaves Early Access, maybe a full 24 hours of gameplay? This is hard to predict because of playstyles.
Is it open world or more linear?
It gives Might & Magic vibes

Developer

d1nolore

*redacted*

Once you discover a location you can visit it at any time. The plans is to have quests for each location.
The primary MQ is planned to be linear until the very end of it.

There's a good chance the MQ require clearing or traveling through linear corridors/passages/hallways/caves etc.
This is unavoidable to discovering some locations anyway.

edit: if you take the Explorer specialty you get one free random location unlocked. which can be quite helpful to discovering the web of others.

d1nolore

Savant

d1nolore

*redacted*

Once you discover a location you can visit it at any time. The plans is to have quests for each location.
The primary MQ is planned to be linear until the very end of it.

There's a good chance the MQ require clearing or traveling through linear corridors/passages/hallways/caves etc.
This is unavoidable to discovering some locations anyway.

edit: if you take the Explorer specialty you get one free random location unlocked. which can be quite helpful to discovering the web of others.

you should add a blurb about the setting and main story

Developer
To Steam and here

*redacted*

At the moment Xi BING's video features the plot, and he takes the time to read some of it.

Basically a handful of tribal groups war with each other until an artifact is discovered that allows them to make peace.
But later their unity is threatened when they splinter into human, hybrid, and robot. The post-industrial age they enter brings up issues of group rights. The 3 groups can be viewed as distinct races, and there are trait imbalances that create issues in a society based upon unity through work.

edit: updated the store page descriptions.

Last edited:

d1nolore

Savant
To Steam and here

*redacted*

At the moment Xi BING's video features the plot, and he takes the time to read some of it.

Basically a handful of tribal groups war with each other until an artifact is discovered that allows them to make peace.
But later their unity is threatened when they splinter into human, hybrid, and robot. The post-industrial age they enter brings up issues of group rights. The 3 groups can be viewed as distinct races, and there are trait imbalances that create issues in a society based upon unity through work.

Are hybrids and Robots playable races? If so what’s the basic stat differences?

Developer
Updated the game. Added a library and an auctioneer.

To Steam and here

*redacted*

Are hybrids and Robots playable races? If so what’s the basic stat differences?

This is explained at the point of character selection. You can reallocate the stats anyway.
Yes there are real stat differences for the different races. Monsters also have their own differences. Gangs do too esp. per their rank.

Developer
What have inspired you to add auctioneer? I remember World of Warcraft auctioneers.

I haven't added any crafting yet. I may not even. But there are materials you can collect. Stone ,Wood, etc.
These are usually pretty cheap so it's hard to make money. Auctioneer specializes in buying/selling those.
Game also has artifacts. So it seemed appropriate.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tried the demo, but both the combat is shit and the rest of the game seems like a someone's first test attempt at Unity implementing any random stuff without depth they find online as interesting.

Developer
Tried the demo, but both the combat is shit and the rest of the game seems like a someone's first test attempt at Unity implementing any random stuff without depth they find online as interesting.
I tried to take your post seriously, but it seems like someone's first attempt at critisizing without much depth offered. Your post's substance is shit and the random mention of Unity seems to be your idea of interesting feedback.

Developer
The game has had something of a concurrent players problem.

You see without anyone playing it makes it difficult to guage which updates matter the most.

Since most people seem to be busy enjoying their weekend I've taken the time to play the game myself with the most objectivity I could muster.

It looks like the gameplay loop breaks down into fewer parts than I "intended" in many of the towns/areas.
I knew the passageways to be rather empty, but it seems many named locations breakdown into a very short cycle of explore then loot, explore then loot etc.

I've relied too much on random encounters being the combat fix.
Fact is most town locations will become quests sites in future. But it couldn't hurt at this point to start flooding them with monsters etc.

Lastly I have somethings to say about the save system.

On when to save the game:
-You must save the game to save your progress. There's no save on exit or quicksaves.
-Likewise even if you opt to re-roll a character you must still save over it if you want the changes to stick.
-The game does not yet automatically import your .dats. So you can't throw a rogue .dat in there and hope it gets acknowledged.
-Only your saves.dat is aware of existence of the saves. If performing a manual back and restore, back that up to.

On the save system audit:
-Still in progress.
-There's a rather brittle association between save title (title you give a save) and the save filenames.
For example if you manually delete a save maybe in slot 0, slot 1 might take on slot 0's title.
I'll probably use some kind of GUID to fix this.
-Insisting on loading your mismatched save version rather than simply rerolling brings with it a risk as you play.
However as long as it still loads, you can reroll it. This could lead to exploiting so maybe more sanity checks could be used.
-In theory it only takes one of what Cleve calls microissues to potentially ruin your saves.
A built-in backup feature may be
-Redacted.

d1nolore

Savant

You see without anyone playing it makes it difficult to guage which updates matter the most.

Since most people seem to be busy enjoying their weekend I've taken the time to play the game myself with the most objectivity I could muster.

It looks like the gameplay loop breaks down into fewer parts than I "intended" in many of the towns/areas.
I knew the passageways to be rather empty, but it seems many named locations breakdown into a very short cycle of explore then loot, explore then loot etc.

Fact is most town locations will become quests sites in future. But it couldn't hurt at this point to start flooding them with monsters etc.

-You must save the game to save your progress. There's no save on exit or quicksaves.
-Likewise even if you opt to re-roll a character you must still save over it if you want the changes to stick.
-The game does not yet automatically import your .dats. So you can't throw a rogue .dat in there and hope it gets acknowledged.
-Only your saves.dat is aware of existence of the saves. If performing a manual back and restore, back that up to.

-Still in progress.
-There's a rather brittle association between save title (title you give a save) and the save filenames.
For example if you manually delete a save maybe in slot 0, slot 1 might take on slot 0's title.
-Insisting on loading your mismatched save version rather than simply rerolling brings with it a risk as you play.
However as long as it still loads, you can reroll it. This could lead to exploiting so maybe more sanity checks could be used.
-In theory it only takes one of what Cleve calls microissues to potentially ruin your saves.
-Redacted.
Do you have any play testers? Might be good so you can focus more on development and not have to spend so much time testing yourself.

Developer

-Still in progress.
-Redacted.
Do you have any play testers? Might be good so you can focus more on development and not have to spend so much time testing yourself.

A men can wish.

New update. 0.64.

-Allies were not being saved! This point forward they will be.
-New: Achievement points are gained when completing a quest.
This should further ease the pain of re-rolling assuming you save them up.
-Added Rewardsmen. Findable at Enlightened Temple Way.
Exchanges Achievement Points for rewards.

I recommend doing Coosger quest atleast once so you can get a bunch of achievement points.

Developer
I have a long public service announcement to make for newcomers of the game.

-My game is first person view not first person shooter.
-My game is NOT about guns or gunplay. There are very few of such things.
They exist as a simple accessory.
-Doom is a game about violence and being a linear shooter.
-My game is not Doom, my game is not a mod of Doom.
-My game is not Duke Nukem, my game is inspired by DUCK NUKEM. Duck Nukem happens to be a mod for Doom 3.
-I like shadows, duck nukem has shadows, doom 3 has shadows, that doesn't mean gameplay = looks, or that my game is anything to do with a mere look.
-Duck Nukem (not made by me) is great for reasons beyond its fps nature. Duck Nukem is great because of its elegant structure, glorious enemies, and how it made use of various things even if it looked less than high quality in order to create an overall experience
that is still consistent.
-My game is not a mod. To a modder every game is a mod. This not a project to hang around pretending to like it and be hyped about the idea it will ever finish. My project will finish, it shall finish.
-Fallout is an inspiration for the game. Mostly the classic Fallouts. For their gameplay. Not their death sim portion (which is still neat).
-When I compare my game to newer fallouts i'm knowingly making a faulty (not fallouty) comparison. Because I would never want some of the newer fallouts primary gameplay as my primary gameplay.
-A negative plus a negative is not a positive. Do not take death simulator portions of games I say are an inspiration then assume it's like those death simulators merged. WRONG. Instead think of the more original qualities of each game than death.
If all I wanted was pew pew blood and guts for a game I could have done that years ago.
-About exploration and art. The game may be coincidentally fun to explore and artistically enjoyable. That's not the game. That's just, you know, the setting.
-If you take things like GUI or miscellanous input actions as a testament of the game's gameplay substance, you are fooling yourself.
For when a developer does not focus on those things, what do you think they are doing? Makes you think.
Read the version.txt it will give you a broader perspective on things added.
-Don't wait for jesus to take the wheel. Do your own thing. The game won't help you in that regard.
One day perhaps.
-The game is aspiring to be like a CRPG. (that does not mean combat rpg.)
-The whole world is accessible. For the most part you need to use the world map or find a transporter to go from one location to another.
No one will tap you on the shoulder and say, "here this way".

If your "playstyle" is to run around like a chicken's head got cut off and/or aggro random npcs, that's fine. I've done that, everyone's probably done that.
But do not from that experience alone imply it's the extent of the gameplay . If you do I will depriortize having patience with your suggestions and/or questions. I do not like those who would water the game down or delay it.

Let me reiterate. I love my characters and creatures, I have many more to add or share. It's conceivable to have a game just about engaging and/or killling them ! Monster World?

But that's not the point of the game or it would be finished long ago.

Developer
[...]artistically enjoyable.

Take your meds. And while you're at it, take the other batch for this evening as well.

Taking meds at the wrong time can lead to decrease in mental faculties. OR is that your intent?

Think big!
I may be an outlier myself, but the game is solid. You can randomly invest your stats now with a simple press of a button.

d1nolore
Good question.

Demo lacks:
-More verbose combat messages. (e.g. weapon attacking with)
-Ability to "Chat" with an npc and cycle through generic overhead speech lines directly.
-Stairs were broken.
-New player start location.
-3 additional new music tracks. (dungeon, battle, generic+1)
-plus another 2 tracks for birds and cricket chirps.
-The library.
-Auctioneer.
-Rewardsmen (accepts achievement points)
-As detailed help screens.
-Hobbyist
-Merc Trainer
-Re-rolling.
-Many skillbooks were not even boosting anything.
-All the GUI code fixes.
-Superior drag & drop for inventory.
-I reckon the allies did not show up in combat in the demo. They also weren't being saved.
-Superior save game handling all around at this point.
-It had 1 sky box. Now there's like 6 (1 per for each time of day.)
-You can now cycle your hand while in your inventory.
-Various skill proficiency apparently didn't do anything.
-All sorts of player friendlyness improvements. (like mouse over gui tips)
-Item descriptions re-worked.
-Possible hostility bugs.
-Tons of other bugs.
-And more.

edit: last demo update was.

11:09 PM 8/4/2021

current version.txt is
9:48 AM 8/23/2021

This means there's even more. I forgot how many days I had left the demo alone while focusing on the game.

so additionaly:
-Pictures and Picture books weren't added yet.
-Respawning mode wasn't implemented.
-NPC didn't have special text based on your character attributes and stuff.
-I've since created and spread a bunch of inns all over the world with multiple stories. Also some other stores.
-Activity log wasn't recording time of day messages.
-Material item types were added. (accepted by the Auctioneer which came later for better prices)
-Temporary powerups got a defined use.

Last edited:

d1nolore

Savant
Are you planning to add mounts or fast travel options like Morrowinds Silt striders?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom