Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Redfall - open world vampire slaying co-op FPS from Arkane Austin

ADL

Prophet
XFIRcIJ.png

:shredder:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Pretty sad this game gets so much attention and Dead Island 2, an actual decent aRPG gets zero attention. Codex's priorities are so jumbled.
You should know by now how Infinitron picks what to shill.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Pretty sad this game gets so much attention and Dead Island 2, an actual decent aRPG gets zero attention. Codex's priorities are so jumbled.
Redfall is a 1st-party MSFT game, so it will naturally get a lot more attention by default.

toughasnails

The entire reason this game has 17 pages on codex is just because we like to shit on it.
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that Arkane is yet to put out an outright bad game, that they consistently produce certain type of game that is popular in these parts, both Arkane's own titles and those that inspired them. But what would I know...

Zeriel

Arcane
The entire reason this game has 17 pages on codex is just because we like to shit on it.
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that Arkane is yet to put out an outright bad game, that they consistently produce certain type of game that is popular in these parts, both Arkane's own titles and those that inspired them. But what would I know...

Literally all they produce for years now is bad games.

toughasnails

Literally all they produce for years now is bad games.
Such as?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
This game is average is just about every way. Just like the first game, there really is no progression system. Every scales to your level, including the items that you pickup. Item's have no uniqueness and are replaced quickly. Side quests are only really worth doing for the curveball unlocks, and maybe for a cheap laugh.

Something to do while we want for some other games to release, but probably not worth the 60 dollar price tag. The gore mechanics are solid, just about everything else is subpar by todays standards.
Yea. Well short and linear game with level scaling is nothing write much about.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I have mixed feelings about the Dishonored series, but I wouldn't say it's bad. Prey was actually pretty good for the first 75% of the game. Deathloop doesn't really interest me.

This game doesn't look good either. I'd rather have Prey 2.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I've never seen a game ruin its own premise with the first ability it gives you. So that's certainly an achievement.

toughasnails

Time to channel my inner infinitron.

Dark Messiah is easily Arkane's least impressive title, a completely nondescript shovelware title saved by Source's physics engine.
Great combat, replicability due to actually rewarding different playstyles, memorable locales and level design that at its best sometimes evokes classic TR, sometimes Thief, sometimes both (such as the whole catacombs section, feels like something between Bonehoard and vintage TR).

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Great combat, replicability due to actually rewarding different playstyles, memorable locales and level design that at its best sometimes evokes classic TR, sometimes Thief, sometimes both (such as the whole catacombs section, feels like something between Bonehoard and vintage TR).
The only correct opinion to have. DM isn't for everyone.
Back on topic however, on the issue of Redfail: what a shit game.

CyberModuled

Arbiter
It's at least nice to know that even the lowest common demeanor of consumers can't be assed to care for the game. Ignoring F2P games, Redfall hasn't even broken within the top 10 of global bestsellers on Steam comparing it to games WITH a pricetag (in other words, if F2P game revenue was included, it would be even lower on the list) despite being two days away. While I'm sure it'll probably go up on the chart some more on launch, the player retention rate is going to be atrocious when mindless Arkane fans realize there's nothing distinguishing it between a Ubisoft open world title and the Borderlands audience realizes an endgame/replayable content is almost non-existent. Microsoft will probably try to flaunt "total player" numbers but when it's a day one Gamepass title, player numbers barley mean anything now unless it's data directly from a storefront where you have no other choice but to purchase it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom