Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Redfall - open world vampire slaying co-op FPS from Arkane Austin

sosmoflux

Educated
Every moment playing Redfall you can practically hear Harvey Smith thinking, "Game development is just a job, capitalism is evil anyways, work life balance is so important"

So can someone who has actually played this tell me how the dialogue compares to Deathloop?

I am currently playing Deathloop for the first time (got it on sale) and its mostly okay, not great, not terrible. But one thing that really makes me despise playing it is the really corny, cheesy dialogue.

And it's not in that well-written corny way (for that, play a game like House of the Dead: Overkill, which unironically has EXCELLENT quips and one-liners and is generally written quite well, which I didn't expect from a fucking House of the Dead game), it's more the modern Marvel "I'm gonna yell half-assed one-liners because I'm a BAD ASS!" way, which just comes across as obnoxious and stupid.

After getting to a mission and having my character make a """"witty"""" comment about trains, I was seriously considering quitting then and there.

sosmoflux

Educated
The dialogue in this is so flaccid and lifeless it becomes barely perceptible. So I guess that's an improvement.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Wow, absolutely no fanfare over this releasing at all. I had no idea when it was coming out until it was already out. Shows how much confidence they had in it to spend no money at all on marketing.

It was nice knowing you Arkane.:salute:

Last edited:

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Eh I actually like the fact that there is no takedown animation from stealth and instead it's just a normal hit. Way better than DX HR and MD where everything stops just for Adam to do his over the top bullshit. Anyway this is probably the only good thing about this game.

Adeptus

Arcane
Developer
A diverse cast of ethnic minorities hunting down and killing pasty white bald people in trench coats..

What did Arkane mean by this?

Well, they quite openly stated that "vampires=rich people".

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
ewee.jpg

223.jpg

Deathloop had 20000 peak.

rert.jpg

Child of Malkav

Erudite
The review from gamespot actually is the only one so far (i think) that mentions the lack of imsim elements, options and overall lower quality of the game when compared to previous titles. All I can say is :salute:.

The review from gamespot actually is the only one so far (i think) that mentions the lack of imsim elements, options and overall lower quality of the game when compared to previous titles. All I can say is :salute:.

fucking GAMESPOT said that?

What next, IGN saying that a Call of Duty game is stale and soulless?

Ivan

Arcane
So can someone who has actually played this tell me how the dialogue compares to Deathloop? I am currently playing Deathloop for the first time (got it on sale) and its mostly okay, not great, not terrible. But one thing that really makes me despise playing it is the really corny, cheesy dialogue. And it's not in that well-written corny way (for that, play a game like House of the Dead: Overkill, which unironically has EXCELLENT quips and one-liners and is generally written quite well, which I didn't expect from a fucking House of the Dead game), it's more the modern Marvel "I'm gonna yell half-assed one-liners because I'm a BAD ASS!" way, which just comes across as obnoxious and stupid. After getting to a mission and having my character make a """"witty"""" comment about trains, I was seriously considering quitting then and there.
it's worse. more repetitous and "how do you do fellow kids"
but but you can turn on kitchen sinks!!!!!!! and showers!!!!!

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I remember being amazed that you could flush toilets and pay strippers to show boobies in Duke Nukem 3D. Turning on kitchen sinks aint that much of an inovation tbh fam.

Anyway, things turned out as expected. I am just amazed that someone actually paid 70 € for this garbage, but hey - I guess it shows the economy aint that terrible after all. Incline.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The streamers are shitting all over it.
This is a glorious dumpster fire :smug:
Arkane is done.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom