Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Redfall - open world vampire slaying co-op FPS from Arkane Austin

ferratilis

Magister
bo1uhato8cxa1.jpg

Ivan

Arcane
gotta say, it's kinda refreshing to play a game (GP of course, not worth any $$$) that isn't either great or mediocre but (un)surprisingly poor

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
>Release game on PC
>"Guys, please just play on X-BOX, PC is teh hard"

LMAO, fuck these retards.
You...
You actually read that and thought it was an actual statement of theirs?
:hmmm:

Bro there are devs/PR drones out there who tell people to refund their games because they are racist. There is no reason to believe they wouldnt make a statement like that in this day and age.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I still stand by Deathloop not being as bad as everyone thinks it is. It has its problems (namely the AI being dogshit and the short length of the game) but Redfall seems to be a dumpster fire of another type entirely from what I've seen. Deathloop is worse than their previous games by quite a bit when looked at objectively but it got a lot of negative reception here just because it had a black protagonist and black antagonist when the characters themselves were shockingly inoffensive and milquetoast (they didn't even lean into the blacksploitation angle which would have at least set the cast apart from the rest). Even if you look past all the wokery with the cast of Redfall it still looks like an unfinished mess of a game with very little to redeem it.

I once knew a person who worked for QA for the console port of a very popular XBOX game that was also available on PC. This person confided on me that 90% of the issues were related to the console itself and were solved by just playing the game on PC.

Elttharion

Learned
The ACG review called it "the worst game of 2023...so far."
Even worse than Forspoken? I guess at least that game had nice looking environments.

:what:

Why was that not the game instead of the quipfag shit.

Funny, if the tone of the game was serious like this trailer with zero quiping, they swapped the protagonist for this white chick (who looks miles better than the black girl), toned down the particle effects and cut the isekai bullshit the game would be much better received.

It could even be a commercial sucess instead of literally killing the studio who developed it.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I'm shocked and appalled that yet another woke cringefest is terrible. Absolutely no one could've seen it coming from the very first picture released.

Joyvankek

Learned

:d1p:
Makes you think about, how retarded people must be, to still pre-order.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom