Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Diplomacy

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
We are indeed, mon ami.

My limited knowledge of the game (this was my second game and in the first I was destroyed early as France) led me to believe I needed a strong ally, so, mine and Italy's friendship was born. It didn't help you know the mechanics better than I and had good move / attack ideas!

I was hoping to befriend Russia, take Turkey and then do.. something with both Russia and Germany as my allies. Ah well.

I'm not sure if people took pity on me or what, really.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't know about wwsd, but from relatively early on I saw Italy/Tigranes as the strongest player (albeit controlling the shittiest nation, so it would take some time for his game to get off the ground). From the moment he and I started fighting, I pushed for a three-way alliance against him, which I still believe was a good idea. It was not so much his SC count as the way he kept weaving in and out of the Balkans at Austria's and Turkey's expense that made me want him out ASAP.

Of course, when it turned out that fighting the strongest player over a period of years over two or three lousy non-supply centres wasn't very productive, and my allies were gaining serious ground on the other side of Switzerland, it was time to make a proactive move for once. I could've waited for Aus/Ger to gobble up enough centres so that the Italian med front would become unsustainable, but since his deff looked certain already I wanted to get a jump start on the next phase of play. Germany beat me to the punch, of course, just as every one of my neighbours did against me all game. I suppose it happened in the nick of time for Italy, though.

There was maybe a tendency in this game to gang up on the biggest threat rather than the most vulnerable player - possibly to its detriment?

And also: MediantSamuel what did Syria ever do to you??

Tigranes

Arcane
Sir, I am but a harmless noob, a fledgling in the art of war diplomatic coexistence

grimace

Arcane
I've never played. How hard is it?

You can learn to play as you play.

I made an account, named: wwsdCodex

But it seems I've missed the boat on this one. Maybe next time? In the meantime, if the game starts, is it possible to spectate? I used to play a few games on PlayDip but I forgot if this is possible.

Sir, I am but a harmless noob, a fledgling in the art of war diplomatic coexistence

All is fair in love and war and diplomacy.

The proverb was first recorded with different wording, in 1620 [presumably meaning Shelton's translation of Don Quixote]. In modern use an extra word is often added to or substituted for part of the proverb, as in "All's fair in love—an' war—an' politics" (George Ade, County Chairman, 1903).

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
I am up for another.

Funny thing, the world was like a completely different place when the previous game ran. Now I'm working at home for the foreseeable future. Could use a little distraction. If we're "lucky" it'll extend into the second lockdown.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yeah, thanks for the ping, but I'm on the seaside and I couldn't put in a proper performance for a while yet :)

Viata

Arcane
Can't do it this time. My life is going shit thanks to coronavirus(no job and no money from the government) and I may stay without internet this or the next month. :negative:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
I would be interested, but 12 hours for build/retreat order is too short (even 24 hours for orders seems short but doable).

grimace

Arcane

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Lockdown will probably be extended here, so I'm up for another round.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom