Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Conquer Club

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
So
did you guys enjoy yourselves?

Wild Slop

Arcane
Only at first.

As with many new games one see potential and fills in the possibility with imagination.

For all the problems one of the big ones it is requires too much attention.

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
There is a turn based mode... could be bettrler? Its the best diplomatic strategy game I know of outside Subterfuge.

Lets take a break and if you guys want to play again later let me know. It will be a different game now that your used to it... and have gathered some bias.

Papa Môlé

Arcane
The biggest issue I had was that you couldn't have an alliance win so all the diplomacy seems ultimately moot since everyone knows everyone else is going to backstab everyone at some point.

Related to that, the only form of victory is military conquest making the above even more of an issue since you have to attack to win.

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Anticipating backstabs is one the best parts the game though. The diplomacy meta gets better the more you play it as you can start to read the lay of the land and the most likely routes of expansion for your frenemies. Game is meant to be played with alot of PMs; trying to get people on your side without being too obvious about your ruthless pragmatism. Cutting deals and then deciding whether to honour them or not.

As grudges develop and people start using aliases and inventing personalities it can get pretty wild.

Saying that if you guys dun like it you dun like it :(

Last edited:

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Screenshot_20200728-142007_Chrome.jpg

Oof

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
It does get intense but alot can be mitigated by diplomacy. Would be interesting to see how a second game goes even on real-time now that everyone has a feel for the game.
Anyways thanks for playing everyone.
Il try organise a game in a couple weeks?

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Something something diplomancy

Alright whos keen now? Week off to massage wounds and give some time to study mechanics and etc, etc?

:M :lol:

Wild Slop

Arcane
Sitting through a dull game for 1 month + will put my butt to sleep.

I am curious to know how the turn based mode changes things, how it's received, but I can't see how it would be anything other than even longer.

If you want another player that bad set my position to computer, what difference would it make?

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
You liked it at start, got wrecked, planets renamed, and are now disenchanted.

Analysis: butthurt

Its a turn a day and some shit talking and intrigue

Anyways rip :(

grimace

Arcane
Hmm...

Just got the summons. Fill me in on the map you plan to play on and all relevant information.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I had forgotten when joining the NP game, but I won't have internet access for a week starting the 15th, so I'll only be able to play until that point

Edit: It looks like I hadn't joined the game in the first place. So I'll just sat that one out

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom