Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
show me on the doll where is Ichiban any appealing
can't but hear Nishiki's voice being used for blue-pilled antics like simping for actual prostitutes

Caim

Arcane
The Hawaii setting does make me wonder how offended people are going to be by the depiction of native Hawaiians.

Misco Jones

Savant
It seems like Kiryu has an ability that allows him to change the combat back to brawler style, but it only last for a short while:

yed8Kou.gif

The two listed writers are Kazunobu Takeuchi and Tsuyoshi Furuta. Tsuyoshi Furuta is known for writing both Judgment and Lost Judgment:

T2SwxWy.jpg

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Poor Kiryu, the dude cant catch a break.
My canon is he blew town with the police chick in Y2 and everything since then has just been imaginary.

Best thing Like a Dragon did was ditch Kiryu from (most of) the game, I love him but he's holding the series back. Just let him go and let his story be done, it's getting ridiculous. Coolest guy in japan and all he does is sing karaoke alone and get friendzoned by hookers.

show me on the doll where is Ichiban any appealing
Come on this guy is awesome.

GreyViper

Prophet
I agree they should have retired Kiryu, cameos are fine. But its starting to look more and more like milking the same cow for nostalgia. Just make up a new person and reuse the voice actor and be done if they really want to work with him again. We know they have writing talent, they just need to explore other options. Mixed feelings about this, still will be interesting to see how they depict Hawai. Im kind of sad they didnt go to Chicago, where no one would bat an eye for all the street fighting.

mushroomrain

Novice
The enemies all seem normal now, did they explain why? In 7 Ichiban saw them as various monsters, like those Pseudotrash garbage bag ones. The designs were definitely more creative in that game.

Nirvash

Liturgist
The enemies all seem normal now, did they explain why? In 7 Ichiban saw them as various monsters, like those Pseudotrash garbage bag ones. The designs were definitely more creative in that game.
Those are normal?

But Ichiban is not in the party? Maybe we get some "filter" swapping enemies when he's on.

yed8Kou.gif

mushroomrain

Novice
Those are normal?
These are the most interesting looking so far, hopefully there's going to be more stuff like this.
I went and checked the Sujimon database from 7. I guess there were also quite a few normal looking enemies in that game, so maybe they are just not showing the weirdest ones yet.

78735-263.jpg

78735-290.jpg

78735-302.jpg

78735-305.jpg

Modron

Arcane
Well this has a store page now along with some ubisoft tier editions, at least 2024 will start with a bang.

Last edited:

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Apparently the new game plus is locked behind the deluxe edition.
What the fuck? That is unforgiveable. The only way they could redeem themselves is by releasing the game with an appropriately challenging difficulty mode, but they won't.

AND the game is $70? They must have lost their goddamn minds. Scummy as hell. Glad I still have Lost Judgement, Ishin, and Yakuza 6 to play. This is probably going to have to wait for a good sale.

Deflowerer

Arcane
I think NG+ was locked behind DLC as well in Yak7, albeit Japanese releasy only.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom