Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Codex Year of the Donut
This puts me on a six minute timer which I could expedite this by spending a handful of credits and since I was supposed to earn some fucking cash on this
whole endeavor, I decide to wait it out.
So one of the new features they've implemented is the Space DMV?
does it feature an obese black woman talking on the phone while people wait in line?

Myobi

Liturgist
Meanwhile, back in 2016:

OtaIcxv.png

spectre

Arcane
All this buzz for being able to draw dicks on other people's stuff then sell the paint that you scrape off?
I mean, that's pretty much the only thing that sets all this salvaging crap from mining.
I wasn't really expecting Hardspace Shipbreaker level of gameplay, but it still looks lame. I guess the lack of enthusiasm is even showing from the devs talking in the official vid.

They are being lazy as fuck when it comes to the interactions. It's basically just shooting differently colored lazor beams at stuff,
and it lets you move cargo around, mine rocks, and now it's the same shit for for salvaging.

Perkel

Arcane
All this buzz for being able to draw dicks on other people's stuff then sell the paint that you scrape off?
I mean, that's pretty much the only thing that sets all this salvaging crap from mining.
I wasn't really expecting Hardspace Shipbreaker level of gameplay, but it still looks lame. I guess the lack of enthusiasm is even showing from the devs talking in the official vid.

They are being lazy as fuck when it comes to the interactions. It's basically just shooting differently colored lazor beams at stuff,
and it lets you move cargo around, mine rocks, and now it's the same shit for for salvaging.

That's their initial version - hull scrapping. Next on the menu will probably be components and then hull salvage.

spectre

Arcane
Yeah, I reckon everyone knows this spiel by now. When it's done(tm) it's going te be fucking epic(r) and y'all gonna take it all back.
And I gladly will.

In the meantime, it is what it is. A rush job (imo) to sell a new ship, because that's probably what keeps this whole thing afloat.
It is especially infuriating, if we're talking about ships, considering...

The RAFT ship, the one they offered during the free fly event, had a deathtrap of an elevator which glitches you through the floor or the planet surface if you don't step off it exactly right,
and is not even interactable from the inside from the ship. This is a ship they offered to showcase the game.

The Reliant series ships still turn into deathtraps if you try to use the bed logout feature, because when you log back in the cockpit spawns rotated vertically (i.e. in flight mode)
making it inaccessible. And you need to get into the cockpit to unfuck it, no other way. Especially funny if you landed on the ground, cause it still rotates into flight mode
and immediately goes tits up. Also, the ship's power controls interfere with the display panels, so you might accidentally do a full power shutdown as you're trying to diddle with your
weapons setup. The ships 3D radar is also obstructed 99% of the time by your active quest info.

The Mustang (a starter ship, first thing a lot of folks are going to see) almost never spawns right in the hangar. Sometimes it does a weird bounce (whee horsie),
sometimes is stays up near the ceiling (it's reachable sometimes), I've heard people had it spawning upside down, but haven't seen it myself. If you try to use its cargo hatch, sometimes
it just kills your character, neat way to add a bit of risk to otherwise bland box delivery missions. It also has too few displays in the cockpit to accommodate
all the data you might find useful (and some of them cannot be comfortably viewed without head tracking).

etc.

But hey, I am sure they'll all fix this when they decide it's time to update them to the Gold Standard(tm) or whatever the fuck they're calling the final pass of fixes.

And this is just the crap I witnessed personally, cause there's a whole bunch of people on reddit, and even have a dedicated website listing them (I'll link if I can find it).
And most of this has been around for years. There are threads on official forums detailing the bugs, but due to the fucked up system
in which they seem to basically queue fixes based on the number of upvotes each issue gets it would take a real sucker to fork out real monies for any of those ships
without extensive research into what actually works.

And some ships seem to work. Had very little trouble with 100i (other than the bed not working, but that seems to be standard fare, and the fact that the button to exit the pilot seat can be a bit tricky to find)
and the Pisces runs mostly flawless if you are willing to forgive minor inconveniences such as grass clipping through the bottom.

I know it's just beating a horse that is not only dead but also buried and decomposed, but it somehow irks me on a fundamental level when people just put
obviously unfinished shit on the sideline, while at the same time advertising the new and shiny.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
If PES and the cargo refactor make it in 3.18, hunting down wrecked ships and looting the cargo and player items sounds like more fun 'salvage' gameplay than painting the hull.

Perkel

Arcane
3.18 goes into evocati October 8th. Probably about 2 weeks of evocati then PTU up until end of november when there is some ship sale.
100% this will be the most broken path in history of SC.

There were supposed to release 3.18 to evocati at end of july when 3.17.2 was released.

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
Missed free play event again I think but somehow it starts to look like the game is actually more broken now than how I remember it.

Myobi

Liturgist
3.18 goes into evocati October 8th. Probably about 2 weeks of evocati then PTU up until end of november when there is some ship sale.
100% this will be the most broken path in history of SC.

There were supposed to release 3.18 to evocati at end of july when 3.17.2 was released.

ZKr-SPH5jk-YJC0b5r-D-cb-I45-Y06j-DJs-GGUojdy-g-Mx-Qw.webp

Myobi

Liturgist
ukiuf85r3lr91.png

TL,DR: Those elevators might fix themselves one day, but for now deleting Star Citizen from your PC might help.

Delterius

Arcane
From what I've seen, ships can be traded and gifted between accounts through an email link, not sure if there are any limitations, but you should be able to "melt" the ships you've bought with real money
to get back some of that money and get yourself something else.
Ships you've gotten in game for in-game money cannot be traded, sold or anything at the moment.
woah wtf nobody told me this was a juryrigged nwn server

Perkel

Arcane
SCLeaks apparently got hold of SQ42 video from campaign. They teased to release it with screenshot in next few hours. CIG got a wind of it and they apparently threatened SC leaks. SCleaks complied and they won't be releasing video they got to public.

CitizenCon is just 3 days away so this video comes probably from what CIG will show at CitizenCon.

screenshot from SCleaks:

iuzakou49yr91.png

Screenshot shows Bengal Carrier, 2 javelins, 2-3 Idrisses moving in Orion system (SQ42 campaign system)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom