Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
SCLeaks apparently got hold of SQ42 video from campaign. They teased to release it with screenshot in next few hours. CIG got a wind of it and they apparently threatened SC leaks. SCleaks complied and they won't be releasing video they got to public.

CitizenCon is just 3 days away so this video comes probably from what CIG will show at CitizenCon.

screenshot from SCleaks:

iuzakou49yr91.png

Screenshot shows Bengal Carrier, 2 javelins, 2-3 Idrisses moving in Orion system (SQ42 campaign system)

It looks like dog shit for a half a billion dollar game.

Higher Game

Arcane
SCLeaks apparently got hold of SQ42 video from campaign. They teased to release it with screenshot in next few hours. CIG got a wind of it and they apparently threatened SC leaks. SCleaks complied and they won't be releasing video they got to public.

CitizenCon is just 3 days away so this video comes probably from what CIG will show at CitizenCon.

screenshot from SCleaks:

iuzakou49yr91.png

Screenshot shows Bengal Carrier, 2 javelins, 2-3 Idrisses moving in Orion system (SQ42 campaign system)

It looks like dog shit for a half a billion dollar game.

If it looked too good or even outright flashy it would be even more suspicious, though, in a superficial sense. If there's lots of money (and more importantly, employee counts, which are harder to fake) being used and the graphics are still merely serviceable it's a sign efforts are focused on fundamental functions and performance. Or at least they're tastefully pretending this to be the case.

:positive:

Perkel

Arcane
Apparently Erin Roberts (brother of Chrissy) who is working as head of UK studio being half drunk spilled beans on SQ42 in Bar Citizen meet for SK fans in South Korea.

At the moment their internal goal for full SQ42 release in 2 years from now so end of 2024.

---------------------------------------

How 3.18 is going:

yj1eay27mes91.png

Myobi

Liturgist
First the leak, now half drunken big salary onii-chan spills the beans, all before the big CON and it's fat JPG sale ;D

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
"Looks bad for a half a billion dollar game"
Keep posting so I can hit the butthurt button please.

You are a retard since I'm not butthurt about you being scammed. I'm laughing my ass off as your retardation. See this is proof positive that you're a goddamn retard because you don't even known what butthurt means. Let me help you help yourself moron.

People who are easily offended and react in an overly dramatic fashion usually starting with the word "WOW."

I'm not offended in the slightest. You are though, so that means that you're the one that is butthurt.

Yes, this game looks like shit for a half a billion dollars wasted on it. It's not even out of pre-production. Yet, here you are defending Fair Maiden Chrissie Robert's honor.

Finally, the so-called leak is just cinematics done up to keep you bent over the barrel and take it up the ass by Chrissie. I bet ya they were done in Daz Studio because Chrissie is just that cheap ass kind of guy.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Whenever someone mentions SC nowadays I sometimes have to imagine just how many better space sims could have been made with all the money thrown away on this scam.

When this piece of shit inevitably fails it will kill the space sim genre for good.

Higher Game

Arcane
Apparently Erin Roberts (brother of Chrissy) who is working as head of UK studio being half drunk spilled beans on SQ42 in Bar Citizen meet for SK fans in South Korea.

At the moment their internal goal for full SQ42 release in 2 years from now so end of 2024.

---------------------------------------

How 3.18 is going:

yj1eay27mes91.png

Full release in 2024 means a beta next year, if in vino veritas. :drink:

Perkel

Arcane
oh my the last interview has so many gems lol.
Like, they threw away completely AI work they worked on for last 10 years...

I will do summary when it ends.

edit: turns out they didn't lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom