Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Persistent entity streaming probably delayed. 3.18 will still be great if they're able to ship the Vulkan renderer this year. Wonder what that means for CitizenCon's keynote presentaton.

There won't be any keynote this year which is confirmed by CIG. They said they are focusing all efforts on bringing server meshing and pes as soon as possible and can't spare resources and devs to create demo with future stuff.

Give it 100 years and maybe they will finally have one. I think Jesus will come back first before Chrissie gets this dumpster fire out of pre-alpha slices.

Perkel

Arcane
Found out that with my C1 oled i can use widescreen resolutions in games and get proper widescreen.
pz9f55rglq381.jpg

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
That's awesome. I still wonder if they have any actual game designers though. I think there are only 10 game designers left on Earth. The rest retired / died. All you get today are people who make games that are mostly like some other game, so they aren't designing anything. The kind of person who understood why Mario was so difficult and had limited lives is essential to any decent game and they just don't exist anymore.

But for a game this big, maybe they can find one person like that?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The potential is mind blowing, it could be turned into anything. Hard to know where to even begin on this.

Put some action game devs on this and you might have alien UFOs flying above zapping stuff and abducting people while you are trying to harvest the rock. Huge space ship shootouts where it becomes like "Bullet hell" and capitol ships fill the screen with plasma rounds and small ships have to dodge or whatever.

Put some Bioware people on this and it might become like a Mass Effect type experience where you talk all day in a space station then go to a planet surface for some shoot outs while you harvest the rock or whatever. And then you have to rescue the trans person.

Put MMO people on this and it might have roaming mobs with random bosses that drop weapon mods or something. Maybe it could have some of that Rift tech to have events and invasions that change the inhabitants of a region for a while. Maybe raid mobs appear that need to be avoided unless you have 50 people.

Put some indie devs on this and you might be doing races flying through golden rings. Put some Ubisoft devs on this and you would be climbing the various structures to find sekritz and Lore points and unlock the map of the region.

This game is the biggest wtf.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Why would I lower myself to alpha test a vertical slice of a tech demo?

First change you alt.
Second because i want to see you getting bugged and raging about it. It also adds fuel to keep that fire going. Criticism tends to be boring if you repeat same 10 things over and over again.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Why would I lower myself to alpha test a vertical slice of a tech demo?

First change you alt.
Second because i want to see you getting bugged and raging about it. It also adds fuel to keep that fire going. Criticism tends to be boring if you repeat same 10 things over and over again.

I'm not an alt you fucking retard.

Why would I rage and be bothered by this? I'm laughing my ass off at your retardation. My job here is to make fun of all the Chrissie Roberts cultists.

Stating the truth isn't boring. It's actually quite entertaining to watch you defend a pre-alpha tech demo vertical slice that will never ever fucking be released.

Does Chrissie Roberts fuck you in the ass good? How does his cum taste? Is his wife jealous of you being Chrissie's bitch or do you take her strap on too?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I'm not an alt you fucking retard.

Then why you are responding instead of Myobi ?

Unlike your poor ass. Myobi once tried it. He got bugged in elevator and that was the end of it.

Because you fucking smegheaded inbred retard I'm not Myobi. The best part of you ran down your momma's ass after your granddad got done with her.

spectre

Arcane
They say each ship has a unique and trackable ID. In line with the rest of the game, this seems to do fuck all, but will totally be important, relevant and yuge in 10 years or so.
For the time being, it might serve as protection from credit card scams.

From what I've seen, ships can be traded and gifted between accounts through an email link, not sure if there are any limitations, but you should be able to "melt" the ships you've bought with real money
to get back some of that money and get yourself something else.
Ships you've gotten in game for in-game money cannot be traded, sold or anything at the moment.
I've seen morons giving advice how to game the system by setting up duplicate accounts using your own referral code to make purchases,
but that's just pretending you're saving money by spending money.

Gotta give it to Roberts, it's pure genius fostering that pyramid scheme mentality without being an actual (admissible?) pyramid scheme.
Also, they've got their "exploit the FOMO" game up to a tee.

Myobi

Liturgist
They say each ship has a unique and trackable ID. In line with the rest of the game, this seems to do fuck all, but will totally be important, relevant and yuge in 10 years or so.
For the time being, it might serve as protection from credit card scams.

From what I've seen, ships can be traded and gifted between accounts through an email link, not sure if there are any limitations, but you should be able to "melt" the ships you've bought with real money
to get back some of that money and get yourself something else.
Ships you've gotten in game for in-game money cannot be traded, sold or anything at the moment.
I've seen morons giving advice how to game the system by setting up duplicate accounts using your own referral code to make purchases,
but that's just pretending you're saving money by spending money.

Gotta give it to Roberts, it's pure genius fostering that pyramid scheme mentality without being an actual (admissible?) pyramid scheme.
Also, they've got their "exploit the FOMO" game up to a tee.

Lol! No fucking way, is there a source for this I can read? Roflmao!

spectre

Arcane
Lol! No fucking way, is there a source for this I can read?
That particular nugget, iirc, I stumbled upon in the youtube comments under one of those videos explaining what's what.

The whole thing is even more laughable if you consider that the whole referral shtick is pretty much aimed to pander to youtubers and other social media whores,
cause you need to reel in suckers in the hundreds to get anything substantial out of this.

In case anyone is wondering, the 5 000 in-game monies you get from the referral is basically peanuts (in before: yeah, yeah, the economy isn't even in its final form).
I don't think it's enough to even buy the smallest laser cannon with a mount (though it might be enough to buy some clothing. These are useless, btw. or a handgun.)
It's the equivalent of doing an entry level bounty hunting mission, this usually takes 5-10 minutes and is among the less efficient ways to make money.
For even more perspective, you need ~250 000 to get a starter ship.

spectre

Arcane
Lol! No fucking way, is there a source for this I can read? Roflmao!
I actually found a similar nugget in the y00tube feed.

I don't pretend to actually understand half of this shit, but the bottom line seems to be: you spend 35 bucks (which is actually eighty something, because for some reason he's assuming the starter ship is free)
trading in stuff that's on a discount, and eventually - and this can take years - you get something that's listed at 110 dorra (in this case, a shitty ground vehicle).

That the video is named: masterclass is just a cherry on top.

In the meantime, free flight seems to be on, so I'll see if I can be arsed to post any impressions.
EDIT: So far so good, landed in a spaceport and immediately on disembark I fell through the floor into space.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom