Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Oh that's neat, but why does it cost $30,000? It just looks like he has a few fluorescent lights, some plastic panels or wood he spraypainted, and drawers. You could just drive down to Home Depot or Lowe's and buy that and put it up in a spare empty room and voila.

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I still don't understand how they are able to get so much money yearly. 2020 is around where the game became playable and you can see instant spike.

tg0ve3ws3d3b1.png
Is there like an Excel file for this?
Found it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n96sotjICGR8pw7SL74KTwrCHO6hoqRuAc2Y_fbIJaA/edit#gid=0
(Might want to incognito it if you don't want to show up in some redditor database)

Last edited:

EdgyRightWinger

Educated
Patron
Oh that's neat, but why does it cost $30,000? It just looks like he has a few fluorescent lights, some plastic panels or wood he spraypainted, and drawers. You could just drive down to Home Depot or Lowe's and buy that and put it up in a spare empty room and voila.

https://www.pcgamer.com/this-man-bu...-room-modeled-after-a-star-citizen-spaceship/
  • Ship interior: $11,685
  • Automatic doors: $1,700
  • kitchenette and kitchenware: $1,400
  • 3 x 65-inch TVs: $4,400
  • 49-inch Samsung CJ890 curved display: $860
  • Flight controls/steering wheel: $1,900
  • LED lights: $860
  • PC: $6,650

Serus

Arcane
Patron

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Even a custom made bookshelf costs like $10k those days.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

https://www.pcgamer.com/this-man-bu...-room-modeled-after-a-star-citizen-spaceship/
  • Ship interior: $11,685
  • Automatic doors: $1,700
  • kitchenette and kitchenware: $1,400
  • 3 x 65-inch TVs: $4,400
  • 49-inch Samsung CJ890 curved display: $860
  • Flight controls/steering wheel: $1,900
  • LED lights: $860
  • PC: $6,650
Espresso machine: $20,000

Higher Game

Arcane
Roberts doesn't exactly have a good track record when it comes to creating well-polished games, he's rather the kind of dev who steps into a room filled with all of the actual devs and starts spouting ideas everywhere to the point where the project becomes bloated, inefficient, and stands a snowball's chance in hell to actually be finished in the way that it was originally intended to be. (See Freelancer for the prime example)

Chris Roberts departed the Freelancer development team years before it was released. He can't see a project through to completion when he's not even there. Clearly, you're well-informed on this subject.

CR is renown in the industry and among his fans for pretty much the exact opposite of what you suggest, namely getting games done and getting them done properly according to a unified vision which he's adept at conveying to his team.
This did not age well at all. It's aged so badly that I feel obligated to shame my own self by quoting it again.

Eli_Havelock You want my take? My take is that I don't care anymore. It's been a decade since I wrote this, and going on a year now since I've played any kind of electronic game. The hobby is flatlined, as far as I'm concerned.

2013 was a promising time, near the beginning of the crowdfunded computer game bubble. Since then, many once well-regarded developers have proved to be huge disappointments, and their projects too. Hopes were dashed, dreams crushed, millions of dollarydoos wasted, etc.

Star Citizen originally wasn't any more than what modders had made of the classics. I thought it was dubious from the beginning, but my interest actually increased when it went half-retard, before going full-retard due to being some kind of psyop money laundering scheme at this point. The game itself seems mostly done (and has been for years), but they can't get the social and spreadsheet aspects right, except when counting their own piles of money and groupies, so it's surreal and clown world at this point. The game will definitely be released though, even if like Duke Nukem Forever. Probably ultimately average, and hated on release after all the hype, but in retrospect an ok game.

Hope you stick around for Colony Ship RPG. :)

Myobi

Liturgist

POSSIBLE FIXES:​

• Delete GAME folder located in installed drive
  • Verify life choices. Click Settings in the Launcher and click Verify.
  • Completely close the RSI Launcher and kill yourself. Make sure you don't fuck it up.

Eli_Havelock

Learned

POSSIBLE FIXES:​

• Delete GAME folder located in installed drive
  • Verify life choices. Click Settings in the Launcher and click Verify.
  • Completely close the RSI Launcher and kill yourself. Make sure you don't fuck it up.

Last edited:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Still, I can only imagine the butthurt the SC cultists will experience once everybody starts comparing Starfield to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom