Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I backed this project when I saw the FPS component. That sold me. I wrote this game off originally because I had zero interest in a space only game.

It'd be awesome if they had a space game where you could fly a ship and then get out and shoot stuff. That's totally worth throwing thousands of dollars at to hope something like it could get on the market some day!

Or maybe one that focuses more on the ground stuff and not so much on the flying.

Maybe some day, you could even have a cinematic game that would feature flying a ship, space battles, and running around on foot and getting into gun fights! Hopefully I'll still be alive when this future tech arrives!

Ah, who am I kidding? That'll never happen. Better kick in another few thousand on some jpegs in hopes that Chris Roberts delivers before the heat death of the universe.

What the hell bruh, not mentioning Spacebourne 2.
:rpgcodex:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What the hell bruh, not mentioning Spacebourne 2.
:rpgcodex:

It'd be really crazy though if an indie dev made a game where you could fly a ship and run around outside the ship shooting stuff before Star Citizen even launched a feature complete demo.

I suppose that's just a pipe dream. I'll stop my fantasy land rambling and get back to reality, where I can take out a HELOC and wire it directly to Chris Roberts' "more yachts" fund.

Lrn2rd. That and you can only have 5 media links in a single post.

BuzzCutPsycho

Novice
It'd be really crazy though if an indie dev made a game where you could fly a ship and run around outside the ship shooting stuff before Star Citizen even launched a feature complete demo.

I suppose that's just a pipe dream. I'll stop my fantasy land rambling and get back to reality, where I can take out a HELOC and wire it directly to Chris Roberts' "more yachts" fund.

Single player games aimed towards shitters who don't PvP are of no interest to me.

That's fair. Out of curiosity, would it be more reasonable to describe the current incarnation of Star Citizen as a PVP ground and space battle game or an explode in hangar simulator?

Jumptown, SPK, Ghost Hollow, are all "ground" combat PvP locations. Not to mention the trade sites for RMC. But SC is lacking several things which tie those together

1. Meshing (Everything depends on this, but the last test was very good)
2. Spawn Points (latest changes helped a bit, but not as much as I would want)
3. A reason to fight.

I could write a novel on how to get combined arms working in SC but this is not the place for it. So, to answer your question I would describe SC as neither of those. It isn't a game nor is it common to blow up in your hanger. It's a tech test with promise.

I mostly sit in arena commander PvPing, only to come out and kill retards in the PU when they get together in one location for an event.

Myobi

Liturgist
barcitizen-exclusive-meet-ticket-only-2750-v0-34l1mteuzh8d1.jpg

BuzzCutPsycho we going, right?

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Just when you thought things can't get more crazy:

I can't get over the fact that he enjoys this "1+ million gaming studio" sitting in front of an office desk, on an average-looking office chair, raising his head in a way that's bound to be uncomfortable.

Get a couch, man.

Myobi

Liturgist
Imagine building your own private cinema, and the only sit you get is right in the front row where everyone avoids buying tickets for... a vr headset would be... Oh hold up...

Baron Tahn

Scholar
This isnt out yet I take it. What happened with that last big update wasnt that 'Jesus Patch 4.0 for-real-this-time-we-swears-it-now-buy-more-jpegs' or whatever? How did that pan out?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom