Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

ADL

Prophet
kek.jpg
I'm still sticking to my prediction of a soft launch in 2025 with Stanton/Pyro/Nyx implemented.

Perkel

Arcane
It's not that wild of a prediction. There's a tech barrier preventing implementation of content that's been complete for years.

Roflmao!

He isn't wrong.

Nyx is just small system with one landing site 'delamar' which already was made by CIG years ago (in fact it was the first landing site CIG did) along with planet that was yeeted out of Stanton to make a place for Orison as their servers wouldn't be able to handle 5 city landing sites (i would argue 4 already is too much which is leading cause of 5 fps servers).
Aside from Delamar which is effectively small planetoid there are other 3 planets that were shown to be finished on last CitizenCon.
Pyro on other hand is being finished and it is actually larger system than Stanton with more planets, just less cities (there are none, only villages).

CIG releasing 3 systems as 1.0 is totally something CIG would do knowing them. They would add to that randomly generated 5 other systems and call it a day with promise of more systems to come down the line.

CIG can do a lot of content, good graphics etc. It was always the technical aspect of game that limited CIG on every occasion. The fact that they went through 4 iterations of game ui, 5 versions of ships in that time (and delivering more than 100+ ships) is example of how much muscle they have. Which makes sense considering they are at 1k devs.

Everything literally relies on that 4.0 server meshing. If that fails (which honestly at this point i actually have some faith after tests, now) they will probably just relase sq42 and call it a day with SC or do painful rework into small scale coop game or something (which imho would be better)

Perkel

Arcane
I fully expect 4.0 to be a total shitshow for at least a year though. Like 2018 server crash every hour level of bad.

Perkel

Arcane
Finally proper physicalized cargo handling. Actually huge update at least for me. It was always annoying to find some ship and strip it from its components to then land and realize you can't really use it yourself or that you can't sell equipment because you need to sell it from cargo grid.

Stuff like this allow finally for player run shops as well. Just strip stuff, and just sit around in space selling stuff for 50-75% of shop price.

This update also allowed selling player components (previously they were sold for 0) which means that if you will find player ship downed in combat or something you can strip it down for all that tricked up gear and sell it to other players.
This also allows for salvagers to actually sell loot to players instead of shops for nothing.
Now if they would add mannequins you could outfit you could run armor shop as well.

Obviously until server goes down in flames in few hours lol.

Perkel

Arcane
This thread was way funnier when that one guy was saying that he doesn't buy into the "SSD scam" and only uses HDD.

I legit played once with dude who was playing on HDD. I didn't know at start but at some point he said. "Wait for me, city didn't load yet." I asked why and he said he played on HDD. Once he got close to city It would load for about 3-4 minutes.

Reminds me of my back when I had shit pc when I was young and I wanted to play newest games. Back then 10 fps was not a challange lol for me.

ADL

Prophet
This thread was way funnier when that one guy was saying that he doesn't buy into the "SSD scam" and only uses HDD.
I still see this on the steam forums where someone will complain about a game being "unoptimized" and then they'll reveal they're playing it on a hard drive.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Bro, its not poorly optimized, you just need an SSD, 128GB Ram, and a RTX A6000 to get 60 FPS in a mostly empty town, its not like any video game made before, its the future old man.

Obviously the game of the future requires the PCs of the future, therefore, they are unable to complete development until the PCs capable of rendering it are developed. In the meantime, plz buy more jpegs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom