Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Perkel

Arcane
4.0 evocati today.
4:100 server meshing, stanton and pyro, jumpgates working.

4 servers for 100 people SM will run miles better than current live, server fps wise. Though its evo so probably bug on bug.

Blutwurstritter

Scholar
Wasn't this supposed to have single player with a proper campaign? It's the only part that is of mild interest to me.
"it is whatever you want it to be, pls gibs monay"
Not sure why bread from the Philippines is involved, but here you go

buns_1200x1200.jpg

Where game?

Myobi

Liturgist
Wasn't this supposed to have single player with a proper campaign? It's the only part that is of mild interest to me.

Enjoy:

SQ42 release date - 2025Q4 - Reason: Ton of CIG staff moving back to work on SC most of what they are doing is back porting SQ42 stuff like ui etc. into SC. Mealstorm which is pretty much last requirement was shown to work in last citizencon.
xVccpYS.png
2Nv2YNx.png
77fUYZI.png
pv4egdc.png
QderAWq.png
ou0ONHB.png
RlrSPHY.png
fCeS1m8.png
zvqgGqu.png
mM2fVAU.png
rkeb6Dt.png
vtUfBUL.png
Aev6S4D.png
kw5ZzuN.png
27NwTaj.png
qcT2KLg.png
FWYnAkk.png
nse4wN1.png
QDGOPh6.png
iYwxQrA.png
gu0iJLD.png
QknphWV.png

Cn9BkCG.png
BlM0L41.png
eOhv8nZ.png
E7WgPPe.png
y941wVf.png
NlIKuZR.png
wTK5og9.png
3leaWc3.png
Dqms0Sz.png
8I2PdR0.png
CnOXaXv.png
nO3oM9Q.png
QF53Sq5.png
Z2aHx2T.png
QK9doBD.png
dysPFSQ.png
FUFkzsq.png
3Y30LMp.png
CK2ti3I.png
XVyYrgC.png
U6K0jHe.png
S21cwfQ.png
GZd2UAz.png
1SToFG3.png
W4WH3qg.png
zpcbncv.png

Just a bit more polish, but soon enough ;D

Modron

Arcane
i think this game might be the next bitcoin. how much should i invest now to be megarich in the future?
It's too late you can't buy any of the 20,000+ packages anymore, you'll just have to learn how to make do as a poor. Maybe you could eke out a living by buying up all the individual ships, I think you can still invest in 600 dollar jpegs.

Blutwurstritter

Scholar

Enjoy:

SQ42 release date - 2025Q4 - Reason: Ton of CIG staff moving back to work on SC most of what they are doing is back porting SQ42 stuff like ui etc. into SC. Mealstorm which is pretty much last requirement was shown to work in last citizencon.
xVccpYS.png
2Nv2YNx.png
77fUYZI.png
pv4egdc.png
QderAWq.png
ou0ONHB.png
RlrSPHY.png
fCeS1m8.png
zvqgGqu.png
mM2fVAU.png
rkeb6Dt.png
vtUfBUL.png
Aev6S4D.png
kw5ZzuN.png
27NwTaj.png
qcT2KLg.png
FWYnAkk.png
nse4wN1.png
QDGOPh6.png
iYwxQrA.png
gu0iJLD.png
QknphWV.png

Cn9BkCG.png
BlM0L41.png
eOhv8nZ.png
E7WgPPe.png
y941wVf.png
NlIKuZR.png
wTK5og9.png
3leaWc3.png
Dqms0Sz.png
8I2PdR0.png
CnOXaXv.png
nO3oM9Q.png
QF53Sq5.png
Z2aHx2T.png
QK9doBD.png
dysPFSQ.png
FUFkzsq.png
3Y30LMp.png
CK2ti3I.png
XVyYrgC.png
U6K0jHe.png
S21cwfQ.png
GZd2UAz.png
1SToFG3.png
W4WH3qg.png
zpcbncv.png

Just a bit more polish, but soon enough ;D
Why has no one beaten some sense into Chris Roberts at this point?

Did he make an irresistible

Cohesion

Augur
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The scope creep is the appeal and I don't give a fuck if only 15% of the community voted for it because I was one of them. Should've refunded if you didn't want atmospheric gameplay. Keep it going another fifteen years. God forbid a developer make something cool with unlimited resources instead of delivering something on a conventional timeline. The last five or so years we've seen what happens when devs rush a bullshit product out. No thanks.

Imagine telling yourself this while literally funding some asshat’s omegafraud so he can pay for his multimillion dollar mansion and cocaine addiction with dollars you earned in honest to God sweat, pain and tears from a regular get-up-at-7am-job.

Truly, the weak mind is doomed to be exploited
Don't need star citizen to imagine this. We have government and politicians doing the same. Chris Roberts is a fucking noob compared to the top grifters. Fucking yacht lol. How about palace, underage girls and a bunker?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Star Citizen isn't so much a game as an invitation for citizenship as Chris Roberts builds a starbase and establishes his space empire. I figure that's a more likely story than them actually building a real game and not delivering anything while approaching 3/4 of a billion dollars spent and over a decade masturbating "developing".

ropetight

Savant
Star Citizen isn't so much a game as an invitation for citizenship as Chris Roberts builds a starbase and establishes his space empire. I figure that's a more likely story than them actually building a real game and not delivering anything while approaching 3/4 of a billion dollars spent and over a decade masturbating "developing".

I'm just waiting for Roberts to admit, screw this game bullshit, we are going to build Star Citizen starbase in real life.
Crowdfunding is open!

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
As of 2022, according to its financials, the company has spent $637 million on development, with 2020 – 2022 averaging over $106 million a year. Assuming that the company continues spending around $100+ million a year, it doesn’t take a mathematician to realize that the $790 million raised so far at the time of writing is on the verge of, or has likely, run out. It’s an assumption felt by both current and former employees at the company, who say they have been experiencing the effects of apparent dwindling funds these past 12 months.
makes sense in 2024 can't make decent game with less than billion dollars

spectre

Arcane
i think this game might be the next bitcoin. how much should i invest now to be megarich in the future?
Much like with bitcoin, who needed to get rich, has already made it. Those boots are filled. All the open positions are sheep to be fleeced.

ADL

Prophet
Shoddy, borderline disingenuous reporting. Vast majority of "layoffs" were just employees unwilling to relocate to their new megastudio in Manchester. The one guy who set off this whole "controversy" literally admitted to not being willing to relocate in his Reddit post history as he was talking about it like a complete role elimination.
“But at least we have baristas serving us coffee here,” one employee joked, referencing the over-the-top coffee bar that takes up a large portion of the 9th floor of its new Manchester building.
Has been and always will continue to be a stupid talking point. As if it makes any sense for a 700+ employee studio fighting over a keurig and making their own versus paying someone seven bucks to do it for them on a industrial machine with a service plan. Along that train of thought, should every office building operate on one of those shitty HP Inkjet printers too?
Spending tens of thousands of pounds on custom furniture and oversized props isn’t unusual, sources say, with management justifying its spending habits because it’s “pushing the boundaries of game development.” Its Manchester office, which is still under construction on one floor, consists of custom wall paneling, doors, and even desks to make employees feel like they are living in the Star Citizen universe. One employee described the office as “almost like a space version of Willy Wonka’s factory” that “caters to taste over functionality.”
Because they're streaming development four days a week. If they didn't have those sets and those production values, it wouldn't be crowdfunding $100+ million a year.
It remains to be seen how CIG will continue developing its games as its funds seemingly dwindle
Meanwhile it's making more and more every year in direct proportion to their hiring. They'll be fine.
funding-now-officially-ahead-of-this-time-last-year-v0-dkaatc31xj4d1.jpeg

See you tomorrow fuckers.
schedule-2954-for-web.webp

Myobi

Liturgist
It always tickles my funny bone when I watch a shill accusing others of being "disingenuous" to defend a company that has been baiting release dates since 2014 while selling almost "out of stock" unreleased digital goods with 4 digit price tags to the mentally ill, specially when you see them often in other threads shitting on other companies for pulling dumb shit like level boosts and whatnot. What a dumb cunt.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It always tickles my funny bone when I watch a shill accusing others of being "disingenuous" to defend a company that has been baiting release dates since 2014 while selling almost "out of stock" unreleased digital goods with 4 digit price tags to the mentally ill, specially when you see them often in other threads shitting on other companies for pulling dumb shit like level boosts and whatnot. What a dumb cunt.

He's got coloured bars showing that if you keep giving them money, you don't actually have to worry about them going out of business... Win! If you're Chris Roberts.

Myobi

Liturgist
He's got coloured bars showing that if you keep giving them money, you don't actually have to worry about them going out of business... Win! If you're Chris Roberts.

They are often attracted to that colorful graphic due to their crayon based diet, its instinct.

I don't think I'll ever understand the point of the brag though; "Here! A graphic made by the same company that has been saying that the game is about to come out since 2014, saying that it made almost as much money as games such as Black Myth Wukong made in about 1 month after release with a $70m budget and 6 years of development, by a team of 30-100 people, as you can see, even after over a decade of being unable to deliver just a small portion of what was promised during the Kickstarter, we are still pumping our life savings into it!", yeah, totally proves the legitimacy of the project and its major success....

I can get behind of people like Perkel and even our long gone Richie Rich, kind of overly optimistic about the damn thing if you ask me, but fairly grounded about it, but this dude, poor fucking thing, its like a french bulldog with a terminal illness, looks retarded, sounds retarded, very likely just fucking retarded and despite how much you may still love him, there is only one way to help the poor little fellow.

ADL

Prophet

1.0's first four systems. Nyx next. Delamar is now an asteroid with landing zones.
2ueo850ghqvd1.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom