Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
epsxe2023-08-0322-03-u3i5h.png

epsxe2023-08-3015-59-4xc35.png

epsxe2023-08-3016-00-wrdyc.png

epsxe2023-08-3016-13-mhdn5.png

epsxe2023-08-3016-19-vqepm.png

epsxe2023-08-3016-52-5qe6r.png

epsxe2023-08-3017-13-h1e2w.png

epsxe2023-08-3017-14-d7e40.png

epsxe2023-08-3018-11-01e1p.png

epsxe2023-08-3018-12-4ni61.png

epsxe2023-08-3018-24-b1eng.png

epsxe2023-08-3019-06-esimp.png

epsxe2023-08-3119-08-y3eaw.png

epsxe2023-08-3119-12-nnixh.png

epsxe2023-08-3119-33-5yddp.png

epsxe2023-08-3119-38-7icue.png

epsxe2023-08-3119-39-e6cmj.png

epsxe2023-08-3119-42-w0cjc.png

Dr1f7

Scholar
giving wotr another shot: meet HAMMERMAN level 5 big tanky dwarf blight druid

2.jpg

3.jpg

i keep trying to buttfuck this cute little twink elf but he's playing hard to get

4.jpg

any idea why all the leaders/people in charge in this game are women btw? probably the reason the world's going to shit and demons are invading and such

5.jpg

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
unreal11.png

There's a pretty cool skybox here but ALAS you cannot see it because the screenshots save at 0 brightness (and also because I failed to apply a dozen patches)

unreal12.png

whoa grimdark

unreal13.png

feels like prisoner of ice all over again

unreal14.png

ah, finally a friendly NPC!

unreal15.png

OMG HE'S NOT ACTUALLY FRIENDLY

unreal16.png

this skaarj muthaship also looks much less imposing after screen capture, too bad because it gives off major x-files vibes

unreal17.png

ah, the sudden all-ammo dump right before the grand finales

unreal18.png

I'M COMING FOR YOU, ASSHOLES

unreal19.png

i hope these ugly alien larvae don't expect me to leave them alive

unreal20.png

burrrrn baby burn

unreal21.png

the cool thing about the skaarj queen fight is that you get infinite super-jump boots to bounce around the arena like a retard (just have to look out not to get instagibbed by the instagib green energy tubes)

unreal22.png

eat shit and die! :dance:

Unreal is great because it really allows me to behead all skaarj, including their women AND children!

unreal23.png

looks like my ride off this rock

unreal24.png

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

unreal25.png

ah fuck

schru

Arcane
unreal11.png

There's a pretty cool skybox here but ALAS you cannot see it because the screenshots save at 0 brightness (and also because I failed to apply a dozen patches)

unreal12.png

whoa grimdark

unreal13.png

feels like prisoner of ice all over again

unreal14.png

ah, finally a friendly NPC!

unreal15.png

OMG HE'S NOT ACTUALLY FRIENDLY

unreal16.png

this skaarj muthaship also looks much less imposing after screen capture, too bad because it gives off major x-files vibes

unreal17.png

ah, the sudden all-ammo dump right before the grand finales

unreal18.png

I'M COMING FOR YOU, ASSHOLES

unreal19.png

i hope these ugly alien larvae don't expect me to leave them alive

unreal20.png

burrrrn baby burn

unreal21.png

the cool thing about the skaarj queen fight is that you get infinite super-jump boots to bounce around the arena like a retard (just have to look out not to get instagibbed by the instagib green energy tubes)

unreal22.png

eat shit and die! :dance:

Unreal is great because it really allows me to behead all skaarj, including their women AND children!

unreal23.png

looks like my ride off this rock

unreal24.png

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

unreal25.png

ah fuck
Actually, only the wrapper for the renderer is necessary (and it lets you make regular screenshots with correct gama, as it can output in Direct3D 11 or 12).

Especially for you, without the C.R.T. filter (but the dithering stays, it just stands out more because of the scaling and LCD monitors):

Clipboard02.png

Clipboard06.png

Admittedly, the skies do look better in 32-bit mode which would have become available in the later added renderers anyway (though the colours seem to look better in 3dfx):

Clipboard08.png

schru

Arcane
imo unreal looks way better with some glide wrapper, dx has way too dark color palette
The original Direct3D renderer also needs dgVoodoo or maybe alternatively the Old Unreal patch for its gamma to function correctly, otherwise it's stuck on a level that's too dark. Still, even with correct gamma, it looks a little flat and desaturated compared to Glide. The updated ones (Direct3D and primarily OpenGL) included with the Old Unreal patch should be accurate.

Self-Ejected

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Two random ED videos, circa 2016 AD. I expected this with RPG elements.
Kinda optimistic I guess.

HansDampf

Arcane
I'm done with Arcane Dimensions and played through every map on Nightmare except the test maps. Some screens of my favorites:

ad_mountain
quakespasm-spiked-winqze88.jpg

Equip the ring!

ad_swampy
quakespasm-spiked-wing4cdf.jpg

Insanely complex village thing.

quakespasm-spiked-winomiux.jpg

Of course, you only get the RL after you've reached the rooftops. It's a shame, many of the maps won't give you the most fun weapon in the game until the map is almost over. Or I missed the secrets.

Grendel's Blade
quakespasm-spiked-win9efl1.jpg

quakespasm-spiked-win90dia.jpg

Cool vertical map built around a giant sword. If you find all the runes you can destroy the blade. But the following battle is kinda lame.

The Realm of Enceladus
quakespasm-spiked-wini1cd5.jpg

Too bad the lighting doesn't look that good with the soft shadows.

Terror Fuma
quakespasm-spiked-winr2egm.jpg

quakespasm-spiked-winqji3l.jpg

Base with spider infestation.

The Forgotten Sepulcher
quakespasm-spiked-win1ue12.jpg

quakespasm-spiked-wineiejw.png

ct6DRNx.jpg

Yeah, fuck that! I swear, this map changes over time. I kept finding secrets in places I was sure I'd already checked before.

Nyarlathoteps Sand Castle
quakespasm-spiked-win01c98.jpg

quakespasm-spiked-winzhcps.jpg

Secret!

quakespasm-spiked-wini7eab.jpg

These enemies should have been used more often.

Ak-Alakha
quakespasm-spiked-win0zejs.jpg

This is basically just one complex arena that you slowly progress through upwards. But this was also the only time I found the combat to be somewhat challenging with nasty monster placement.

quakespasm-spiked-windoisz.jpg

Sir!

quakespasm-spiked-win3gfb2.jpg

The end.

But my initial excitement has now almost vanished. I just happened to have randomly picked the most impressive map first (Tears of the False God), and then continued with the other maps in chronological order, oldest first. Most of them are also pretty good. There are only two that I disliked, ad_magna and ad_lavatomb, made by Noel Lacaillade. Both have rather boring combat and progression, and lavatomb is also outright prosper.
I don't know what it is, but after I was halfway through AD's maps, it started to feel more like "going through the motions".

Vyadhis

Learned
I'm done with Arcane Dimensions and played through every map on Nightmare except the test maps. Some screens of my favorites:

ad_mountain
quakespasm-spiked-winqze88.jpg

Equip the ring!

ad_swampy
quakespasm-spiked-wing4cdf.jpg

Insanely complex village thing.

quakespasm-spiked-winomiux.jpg

Of course, you only get the RL after you've reached the rooftops. It's a shame, many of the maps won't give you the most fun weapon in the game until the map is almost over. Or I missed the secrets.

Grendel's Blade
quakespasm-spiked-win9efl1.jpg

quakespasm-spiked-win90dia.jpg

Cool vertical map built around a giant sword. If you find all the runes you can destroy the blade. But the following battle is kinda lame.

The Realm of Enceladus
quakespasm-spiked-wini1cd5.jpg

Too bad the lighting doesn't look that good with the soft shadows.

Terror Fuma
quakespasm-spiked-winr2egm.jpg

quakespasm-spiked-winqji3l.jpg

Base with spider infestation.

The Forgotten Sepulcher
quakespasm-spiked-win1ue12.jpg

quakespasm-spiked-wineiejw.png

ct6DRNx.jpg

Yeah, fuck that! I swear, this map changes over time. I kept finding secrets in places I was sure I'd already checked before.

Nyarlathoteps Sand Castle
quakespasm-spiked-win01c98.jpg

quakespasm-spiked-winzhcps.jpg

Secret!

quakespasm-spiked-wini7eab.jpg

These enemies should have been used more often.

Ak-Alakha
quakespasm-spiked-win0zejs.jpg

This is basically just one complex arena that you slowly progress through upwards. But this was also the only time I found the combat to be somewhat challenging with nasty monster placement.

quakespasm-spiked-windoisz.jpg

Sir!

quakespasm-spiked-win3gfb2.jpg

The end.

But my initial excitement has now almost vanished. I just happened to have randomly picked the most impressive map first (Tears of the False God), and then continued with the other maps in chronological order, oldest first. Most of them are also pretty good. There are only two that I disliked, ad_magna and ad_lavatomb, made by Noel Lacaillade. Both have rather boring combat and progression, and lavatomb is also outright prosper.
I don't know what it is, but after I was halfway through AD's maps, it started to feel more like "going through the motions".
Is this what the mod looks like out of the box or did you have to add more stuff to get those graphics?

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
unreal26.png

we tomb raider now?

unreal27.png

these cute swinging crushing jaws would suggest as much

unreal28.png

as would this lava pit under them

unreal29.png

unreal30.png

actually we quake 2 now

schru

Arcane
unreal30.png

actually we quake 2 now
As I suspected, you have had the problem with both lightmaps blending and the skies looking wrong all along. It causes the world geometry to look darker than it should, while the layers of the skies just don't combine right. It's an old problem, though, so you may have seen the game like this not long after its release.

Here's the same scene on emulated Voodoo 1 (or Direct3D, or OpenGL without MultiTextures and OneXBlending):

Clipboard02-nocrt.png

Using Voodoo 2 does make the window on the right more transparent, though. Here's a screenshot from dgVoodoo with the same gamma ramp for comparison:

Clipboard03.png

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
2023-09-0321_31_44-ftjlfco.png

Here we are, in a situation where my ship's lazorz aren't powerful enough to penetrate the flagship's shields, but all its weapons have been taken down by boarding parties. So now we're just sitting here, neither capable of damaging the other. :lol:

If it were any other ship I could jump away, but the flagship has to be destroyed. RIP this run. It was going so well.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
What game? And is that the Giant's Causeway?

I'm trying to work out if the angle makes sense for that to be Dunluce Castle in the distance
It's TT Isle of Man : Ride on the Edge 2.
The screenshot comes from the free roam mode that is supposed to take place in Ireland, but I think it's a mix of different places. Here is the full map :

D7C650FD78C3D815F313B79327506C1EBDC699CE

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Ashes: Afterglow
AshesAfterglowVcpW5M.png
AshesAfterglowsKVdjk.png

AshesAfterglowi4xH8h.png

Nukes were involved last time my bike got stolen, just saying
AshesAfterglowaGfJNJ.png

A quick and simple death is not enough for me, huh?! Rotten muties :argh:
AshesAfterglowLJDdmD.png

It was nice of them to keep all of my upgraded weapon collection in one place tho
AshesAfterglowlNEbLG.png

You can skip the entire key hunting sequence on this map by using this route.
Cool but why would you want to miss out on a potential loot/junk though?
AshesAfterglowCHbZQG.png

"Hmm... Fresh victims for the evergrowing army of the undead."
AshesAfterglow27pSLP.png

AshesAfterglow9T5Pcc.png

AshesAfterglow68nnnn.jpg

The town ruins are my most favourite locations here. They're all very pretty and are fun to explore.
AshesAfterglowSGeONW.png

The next part was a bit painful indeed
AshesAfterglowUuGS6j.png

AshesAfterglow0lXcl1.png

Ok, i did not expect this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom