Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Lyre Mors

Arcane
What the fuck are you even talking about?

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
5d9cYqH.png

ITKJFbI.png

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
"I am the happiest severed floating skull with snakes coming out from my marrow you'll ever meet in a video game, and your party is dead by the way."

DC1.png

It's madness
The light spell won't shine
In the floor of madness
There ain't no air to fill your lungs
Madness!
When all you see can only bring you sadness
Dive towards the floor we go
DC2.png

"Yes my friends, rest and heal, so that you are strong and able to face the perils before you. Pleasant dreams."
DC3.png

I'm Murray the laughing skull!
DC4.png

Don't be shy, come closer, I don't bite, much.
DC5.png

DC6.png

DC7.png
DC8.png
DC9.png

DC10.png

It was aliens
DC11.png

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
DC12.png

All in all, you're just more meat for the wall
DC13.png

It came from the deep
DC14.png

"I don't like dancing fags stand still will ya?"
DC15.png

"Hey! You! Yeah you! Hands up! And do the monkey!"
DC16.png
DC17.png

Into the vortex you go nigga
DC19.png

:shredder:

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
unreal31.png

finally some snow levels

unreal32.png

convenient tellyporta

(nice green filter courtesy of a giant spider that decided to appear out of nowhere and attack me just as I hit F9)

unreal33.png

feels like i've been here before

unreal34.png

:hmmm:

unreal35.png

i should have figured this game couldn't have ended without this fucker appearing at least once

unreal36.png

final stats

unreal37.png

weeeeeee

fortunately prisoner 849 is a man of many skills, including piloting abandoned shuttles

unreal38.png

and your reward for finishing is you get to fly around the intro presentation level with a rifle equipped and shoot everything up like a moron

schru

Arcane
unreal31.png

finally some snow levels

unreal32.png

convenient tellyporta

(nice green filter courtesy of a giant spider that decided to appear out of nowhere and attack me just as I hit F9)

unreal33.png

feels like i've been here before

unreal34.png

:hmmm:

unreal35.png

i should have figured this game couldn't have ended without this fucker appearing at least once

unreal36.png

final stats

unreal37.png

weeeeeee

fortunately prisoner 849 is a man of many skills, including piloting abandoned shuttles

unreal38.png

and your reward for finishing is you get to fly around the intro presentation level with a rifle equipped and shoot everything up like a moron
Nothing special here, really, but I feel kind of obliged at this point:

Clipboard02.png

Clipboard01.png

Clipboard04.png

I didn't like Return to Na Pali. It has some atmospheric locations and good music tracks, but it's content from the beta version of Unreal. A funny thing, Erik Wolpaw, the co-writer of Old Man Murray and the Portal and other later Valve games, reviewed it for Gamespot: https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/unreal-mission-pack-return-to-na-pali-review/1900-2532791/.

Are you going to play Unreal II: The Awakening?

Last edited:
2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

29.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

23.jpg

22.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

Recently helped a buddy screen-in his roofed deck on a weekend where he happened to pick up a cheap $5 projector from a garage sale. We hooked it up to an SNES classic and played some blurry-ass 16-bit games amid an outdoor summer breeze. Was a good time and his wife cooked some steaks.

Got me wanting to fiddle with retroarch and some blurry filters and retro games. Genesis is really an untapped system for me- I played Contra Hard Corps years ago but outside of that I've never really messed with it. Always had an Nintendo and PC. Despite Phantasy Star IV having basically no character choice outside of what you party members wear (you can't even choose which party members to take along until what I think is the endgame) I've been very much charmed by it. I like all the characters, the combat system, music and cutscenes. Really good.

Psquit

Arcane
KNaLtkC.png

If you play Armored Core with the English dub you're no raven!

BzcU4ht.png

Fuck the liberation front! even in the new game plus they tried to kill me.

Qdom23M.png

This dude...

iD42Sif.png

The space police! had some good fights.

BVCD2sa.png

Armored core is not dark sou-ACK! also fuck Ibis Cel 240.

6FZyeDb.png

First ending you either fight Walter or your tulpa waifu. Surprisingly Ayre doesn't evoke any emotion at all.

j226Nnh.png

In the new game + & ++ Iguazu, shows up more. We come a long way from shitty "kono Stinger! im going to kill you kiddo!" to my nigga Iguazu. Truly they did him wrong.

iYHwLZu.png

I liked this gimmicky fight with Ice worm and I hate that faggot Snail he really goes "B-bakana kono SNAILERU!! KONO-ACK! *BOOM" when he dies.

h4UR9Yq.png

Also, ALLMIND becomes more ominous in new game +

bRMolD5.png

I really didn't like the "kill your fwends route", I actually like "Cider" Carla and her AI son...

OOBPrO7.png

Yet the faggots always tried to kill me, despite helping them in most of their missions.

73YR9Tn.png

Walter :cry:.

a7rRKh4.png

In the final route, ALLMIND starts giving you missions and starts pulling the strings.

j5fDx9V.png

In the end, ALLMIND basically uses you to trigger the third impact. and surprise... fucking IGUAZU! got absorbed by the ai! so you fight your rival one last time.

vSj2uwq.png

With your Tulpa waifu at your side.

D8EthZZ.png

7VEhB4s.png

That last part was Kino. You start to feel bad for Iguazu, also in the fight when you're winning, ALLMIND calls Iguazu a failure. :negative:
pqZosz2.png
cGHsGT9.png

And that was Armored Sekiro 6, I didn't like some aspects. Ayre has no character development beyond "oooh Coral spooky sentient parasite gf" You can remove her and the story doesn't change that much.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I didn't like Return to Na Pali. It has some atmospheric locations and good music tracks, but it's content from the beta version of Unreal.

Yeah, I didn't like it much either, mostly because it felt pointless, and the fact that the rejected beta levels were the only ones that stood out among them all says a lot. Still, the two-level Tarydium plant was very solid I thought, and could easily fit in the base game.

Nah, doesn't look at all appealing.

schru

Arcane
I didn't like Return to Na Pali. It has some atmospheric locations and good music tracks, but it's content from the beta version of Unreal.

Yeah, I didn't like it much either, mostly because it felt pointless, and the fact that the rejected beta levels were the only ones that stood out among them all says a lot. Still, the two-level Tarydium plant was very solid I thought, and could easily fit in the base game.
Yes, I liked it, the combat there flowed pretty well.

Nah, doesn't look at all appealing.
It is more of a curiosity than anything else and at times it's so bad that it's worth playing just for that. It has at least one nice skybox too. It was developed by Legend Entertainment, the studio behind Return to Na Pali, which I suppose was an early indication of where Epic's focus was. Unreal Championship for Xbox was already being developed contemporaneously with Unreal Tournament 2003, but more importantly, I wonder how much Unreal Engine 2 was designed with Xbox and its limitations in mind. One tends to think of the third version as the one which became the standard licensed engine in higher-budget multi-platform games, but the second one was already pretty widely used, particularly in the various Tom Clancy's brand titles and three others of particular interest to the Codex.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
doom301.png

hands up Licorice, your shitposting ends here

doom302.png

doom303.png

zomg!!!

doom304.png

whacking zombus with the flashlight is easily one of the most hilarious parts of doom 3

doom305.png

doom306.png

omg ruski war propogonda

doom307.png

working mirrors reporting in

doom308.png

the sentry bots are great, it's like a loyal little puppy with a deadly machine gun

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
doom301.png

doom302.png

doom303.png

zomg!!!

doom304.png

whacking zombus with the flashlight is easily one of the most hilarious parts of doom 3

doom305.png

doom306.png

omg ruski war propogonda

doom307.png

doom308.png

the sentry bots are great, it's like a loyal little puppy with a deadly machine gun
Playing the BFG edition or do you have a prestigious original copy?
Edit: Since I see the flashlight, I assume it's the original or a mod?

Anyway, good stuff, glad to see some Doom 3 love.

yellowcake

Arcane
doom301.png

doom302.png

doom303.png

zomg!!!

doom304.png

doom305.png

doom306.png

omg ruski war propogonda

doom307.png

doom308.png

Playing the BFG edition or do you have a prestigious original copy?
Edit: Since I see the flashlight, I assume it's the original or a mod?

Anyway, good stuff, glad to see some Doom 3 love.

Also worth playing for the best EAX game peak 3d hw sound technology if you have an X-FI card. Mindblowing.

Dr1f7

Scholar
vegeta vs dodoria omg this dude hits like a freight train, if any of his hits land it's 20-50k damage (basically about 1/5 of health bar). I think just this fight took around uhh 2 hours and 30+ attempts

vvd1.gif

vvd2.gif

vvd3.gif
vvd4.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom