Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

fhk4jkZ.png

:lol:

I don't remember anything from that game... except for that line.

:butthurt:

r4c6dt%2Ckuy31.jpg

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Trying out an Italian count game.
Very strange.
I manage to secure my independence, but realized my dreams of having the Kingdom of Sicily is nigh impossible with the Byzantine owning a few pieces while the African Muslims control another third.
With that in mind, I decided remaining independent Duke is a bad decision and swore fealty to the richest man in the planet: the Pope.

What followed is several years of patient development and constant war to defend my holdings against the African Muslims and greedy Byzantines. Thankfully the Pope is spending his coins on the mercs - allowing ourselves a measure of 20,000 defensive army between us.

Once we've beaten that African Sultan, I decided the time is ripe to turn the tables and hired 10,000 mercs to land on Africa.
Cue the crowning of Steve in Tunis. The Pope had to let me go cause we are of equal stature.

Months after the coronation, the Pope decided enough is enough, the Umayyads must pay for their transgression in Spain.

Hence, five knightly orders were established, it was my chance. I seized it. All five chapters under me, and I immediately set forth upon the newly Ummayad's unwilling demesne, Aquitane to deal some damage. Thankfully the Chapters are willing to forgo payment when I join a defensive war against the dirty Mudslims. The force of 30,000 templars were too much for the 20,000 strong Umayyads to repel. Their liege hired mercs in panic, but could do nothing as city after city falls, as every banner is lowered, his treasury redlined into debt. He capitulated and was forced to pay a huge severance.

This is his weakest moment, the Pope immediately called upon a Crusade, therefore solving the issue of payment to the Templars, once more I joined willingly, as Aquitane is retaken at a rapid rate.

02.jpg

03.jpg

With the retaking of Aquitane, the decline of Umayyads is inevitable, I sent the 15,000 strong templars to Barcelona first. Capturing it within a year. Knowing I have the extreme advantage, I broke another truce and seized Valencia.

04.jpg

Immediately I crossed southwards and attacked another Muslim kingdom, this time Marrakech. I'm running on a deficit so I have to hurry. Once prosperous Marrakech is done, I halted my army from marching into Mali, preferring to continue eastwards into the northern coast of Africa, there the divided Muslims stood little chance in stopping our zealous army.

05.jpg

01.jpg

Last edited:

Cassidy

Arcane
Fallout mod with a Hearts of Iron 3 esque map.

EFGFj7s.jpg

Frian Bargo: Freedom!

p0V03DO.jpg

Former Kwa President: k'

PS: Canada declared war like douchebags, got annexed again

:patriot:

PS2: They killed Frian Bargo before Wasteland 8 Kickstarter

:decline:

zwanzig_zwoelf

HG%202013-12-13%2015-28-57-61.png

predator.jpg

HG%202013-12-13%2015-51-34-43.png

(There is also 'EAT THIS!' written on the back of the bomb).

HG%202013-12-14%2001-38-44-66.png

HG%202013-12-14%2001-39-14-86.png

HG%202013-12-14%2001-39-30-33.png

At first I thought it was the boss for the mission. :lol:

HG%202013-12-14%2001-41-06-72.png

This doesn't look good.
HG%202013-12-14%2001-41-32-88.png

Prusperb, get teh fok out of my games.

2u8gmr6.jpg

#niggers gonna nig

I truly feel sorry for you. Those fucking controls.

It's actually a rather pleasant way to refresh this particular memory. My only complaint is the manual aiming in "crosshair missions" could not suck ass, the rest is cool enough, I guess.

Also, the game is just amazing regardless of the port. I'd give it a tie with Vice City regarding overall LULZ factor and a league ahead regarding gameplay length and variety. Fucking A grade, GTA V can fuck itself, "Capolavoro" notwithstanding.

RK47

Patron
Hi, welcome to 933 AD, Europe where a single Viking lord has united the entire Norse city, county, and temple under his banner and is marching 150k Raiders into Europe.

01.jpg

Like a bloody cock pointed towards Europe, it tears away at every kingdom's innocence and backsides alike, leaving nothing but bloody butthurt in its wake.

02.jpg

Not even the combined might of Lotharingia, Germany, Burgundy, Italy and Bavaria can stop it.
As the huge behemoth grows hungry, a segment of it break away to burn and pillage whatever in its wake.
Over 3 dozen men, women and children alike are dragged screaming back to Denmark to what horrible fates unknown.

03.jpg

Ragnarok is coming, do you believe in the Thunder God?

zwanzig_zwoelf

So, could you finish it without any problems?
I've finished the first mission for now, and I had to use cheats there once to pass the bridge (that was guarded by snipers), because friendly AI would not provide suppressing fire.
Also, AI sometimes gets stuck due to unpolished level design, but that can be easily fixed by manually letting them go past the point.
The game is playable, even enjoyable, but still flawed. If the game crashes when you save the game, you can forget about that save, so saving in different slots is mandatory to get through the game.

Cassidy

Arcane
Crusader King: Bible Black
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

They should add this kind of event chain to Suomenusko too as children of Papa Nurgle "Momma" Loviatar with the power to infect all enemies of the realm with the dreaded black death, a child of Tzeentch Loki with super intrigue powers that can wreck total chaos(Just as Planned), a child of Khorne Chernobog with a thirst for blood, Chaos and destruction nothing can stop and so on..

RK47

Patron
Nice idea, I like the part about using a county as sacrifice.
Maybe mod idea, Kill Count quest. Heehhehe

spekkio

Arcane
JC's visit to the Docks...

Dealing with 3 bots:

UvuosIF.jpg

HfieLdR.jpg

joazwZ0.jpg

iU0Cd8k.jpg

UG8qNcM.jpg

Security computer didn't disable them, I'm not sure why - only the one closest to the building got affected by the computer. It's either difficulty (hard) or some kind of a glitch caused by Shifter. :?
Same thing happens with the turrets controls sometimes - despite setting them to "Attack enemies" they do not attack at all, even when alarm is triggered. Weird.
But - fuck this newshit. Some things still work:

U0ofdON.jpg

90lZ1hx.jpg

But getting XP after kills and being able to upgrade Augs with Aug Canisters is slowly making the game less challenging... Esp. with (rare) random drops like this:

084X4Fk.jpg

It's like this thing Draq and Grunker were talking about... :(

Alchemist

Arcane
Trying out the Rodina demo (just released)...

Seamless takeoff and landing from asteroids / planets to space travel
M2gHXnX.jpg

Ship layout editor:
zim5TF7.jpg

Ship interior: (you walk around in your ship to use different terminals, and exit for on foot planetary exploration, etc..)
BXUvpy0.jpg

They call this a "development" release - so it's early days but the game has tons of potential to build on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom