Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Ashery

Prophet
ki3Io9j.png

Hilariously, this is the second time Bornmot fell into a pit. As much as I want to bitch about the shitty AI, I ended up getting a desperately needed hand axe out of the situation, so I can't complain too much. And it was a fine hand axe at that.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
History lesson, pay attention kids:
kDyM7Mk.png

oh fuuu
SFFQOEM.png

Used to be some big alien tank.
k55bzIh.png

I hate spiders
3cki5sM.png

Fucking war, never changes.
Oy9rFo9.png

What the hell are those things!?
x46Bqoj.png

Bb0t2Rn.png

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Wait 'till you see how Rufus almost sends Toni over the edge in Goodbye Deponia. (Also, the darkness scene with Goal.)

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall. Of the three missions, two are really good (on par or better than the basic missions) with a lot of nonlinearity, exploration and vertical gameplay, while one is a less interesting exercise in dealing with a lot of enemies. Includes some really unwholesome butchery
in a whale abattoir run by the least PETA-friendly bunch you could imagine.
Altogether very well done, although one of the central plot points is on the WTF side, and the whole pack really makes me wish there were Dishonored fan missions.
knifeofdunwall05_zpsbdac426b.jpg

knifeofdunwall06_zps6e9f3d3d.jpg

knifeofdunwall04_zps62eb5d01.jpg

knifeofdunwall01_zps4f21618e.jpg

knifeofdunwall02_zpsce48482e.jpg

knifeofdunwall03_zpsb76c6791.jpg

Cholo

Arcane
YxD7JED.png

LeB9jxu.png

9oJblFE.png

Finally got to playing Gothic II, which I had shamefully ignored previously. First two hours felt like getting teeth pulled, but I can't stop playing the damn thing now. Amazing game so far.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Dangerous Dave in the land of copyright infringement. Possibly the most important historic piece of software written for the IBM PC. The proof that action games were possible on such machines. The harbinger of both incline and decline.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I checked Call of Warhammer out a few months ago and sure enough, it was still a glitchy, CTD-ridden piece of shit. Unfortunate.
I've had no issues. I downloaded the mod via torrent, it's called "Rage of the Dark Gods" now though. The only thing that annoys me about the game is having to deal with constant Beastmen. Maybe I'll play Dorf or Orcs, but I'll really miss the Pistoliers (the mounted handgunners, damn are they good behind-the-lines skirmishers if the enemy has no ranged or cavalry capability).

zwanzig_zwoelf

Y13947041001015423_1.png

Y13947041001015423_2.png

Y13947041001015423_3.png

Y13947041001015423_4.png

Y13947041001015423_5.png

Y13947041001015423_6.png

Y13947041001015423_7.png

Y13947041001015423_8.png

Y13947041001015423_9.png

Y13947041001015423_10.png

Y13947041001015423_11.png

Boy, oh boy, this game is just... like... A CALL OF DUTY-STYLE CORRIDOR SHOOTER WITH CUTSCENES EVERY FUCKING 5 SECONDS AND POPAMOLE COMBAT.
And that's, like, in 1996.

Holy crap, what have I done.
:lol::lol:

EDIT: Forgot to mention the health system that was ripped off by Halo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game is an overflowing fountain of wrongness. The mid-90s were a weird period. People remember them too fondly; there was a lot of experimentation with bad shooters and those horrible multiple-CD ROM "interactive movies" trying to create a "cinematic experience". They even had their version of QTEs. Fortunately, PCs and production budgets were not yet ready for them, and these games were forgotten for a while. But they laid the groundwork for the severely damaging trends in modern gaming.

zwanzig_zwoelf

This game is an overflowing fountain of wrongness. The mid-90s were a weird period. People remember them too fondly; there was a lot of experimentation with bad shooters and those horrible multiple-CD ROM "interactive movies" trying to create a "cinematic experience". They even had their version of QTEs. Fortunately, PCs and production budgets were not yet ready for them, and these games were forgotten for a while. But they laid the groundwork for the severely damaging trends in modern gaming.
I don't really mind experiments.
But when I tried this game I had a strong feeling of déjà vu. I felt like I'm playing a mix of: Call of Duty/Almost any modern FPS (ultra-linear level design that punishes you for even slightly moving off desired path, tons of scripted events), Halo (health system), Biohazard 6 (cutscenes every 2 minutes), Mass Effect (primary weapon cooldown, don't remember any other games with similar mechanic), and all this shit is stuffed into a Wolf3D-style game. Maybe there were something else, but that's what I recall from first 30 minutes. It really feels like almost all modern game designers worship this game.

Speaking of "interactive movies", I sort of enjoyed some of those adventure games. D had a pretty cool atmosphere, but that single QTE battle almost turned me into a madman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Dunno, trading a shitty hooman for 2 zoltans sounds like a good deal to me unless you were being a douche and grinded max shield skill level on them or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom