Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

EvilWolf

Learned
Port them all. It's free money
Free money, except Atlus always fucks everything up.
It's something about Japanese companies being incredibly picky with porting/localization. Then when the stars align and they actually port/localize something it's the dumbest shit possible and then the higher ups are like: "See! We told you it was a bad move! Those crazy PC players/gaijin don't like our Nippon gaming!" Bandai is notorious for this shit. It's good that SEGA started porting everything to PC, hopefully they keep the pressure on Atlus to give us more SMT games.

430am

Educated
It's whatever, Switch emulates pretty okay to play RPGs on it. In Japan there's many more console players and PC is kind of in the minority, so they don't care about it that much to spend money. Plus it's a country in itself so they usually don't give a fuck about how the do on the foreign market in comparison to domestic. Got a bunch of senile executives who just go the old inflexible way.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's something about Japanese companies being incredibly picky with porting/localization. Then when the stars align and they actually port/localize something it's the dumbest shit possible and then the higher ups are like: "See! We told you it was a bad move! Those crazy PC players/gaijin don't like our Nippon gaming!" Bandai is notorious for this shit. It's good that SEGA started porting everything to PC, hopefully they keep the pressure on Atlus to give us more SMT games.

Honestly I can't remember last Bandai high profile game that's not in PC now.

ATLUS (not SEGA) is just one those last big holdout on PC Gaming.

EvilWolf

Learned

I'm specifically talking about the turn based Gundam games from Bandai, they still haven't released the UC game on PC. Also SEGA got Atlus to put all the Persona games on PC, so we're one step closer.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

I'm specifically talking about the turn based Gundam games from Bandai, they still haven't released the UC game on PC. Also SEGA got Atlus to put all the Persona games on PC, so we're one step closer.

uuuuuh a better step before that would be releasing them in English first I guess? You are talking of SD Gundam series? Genesis is the only English console hold out. SRW T is also not ported for some reason even though SRW in PC pretty much breaks all kind of sales target.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
1683378063794132.jpg

they announced nothing

Attachments

• 1683378063794132.jpg
    1683378063794132.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 46

quixotic

Learned
Been replaying Nocturne (PS2 emulation, that “remaster” is terrible) and having fun. I’m still bummed out that we got nothing, but I’ve thought it over. Atlus have only announced games at larger events for a while now (like Nintendo directs and award shows.) so I’m guessing that we’ll actually get something announced sometime later this year.
Copium, etc. I know. Let me have hope…

quixotic

Learned
that “remaster” is terrible
Could you elaborate, I thought that the ability to choose skills in fusion alone is worth switching ;) to the Switch version?
The lighting is worse, voice acting takes away from the atmosphere, Denuvo on PC. Plus Hardtype doesn’t exist for it. (I highly recommend it to anybody who likes Nocturne, it’s great.)

Last edited:

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Atlus rereleases seem to be terrible in general. I hear a lot of complaints about Strange Journey Redux... but nothing can beat Catherine Fullbody in terms of a totally cancerous Atlus rerelease.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Could you elaborate, I thought that the ability to choose skills in fusion alone is worth switching ;) to the Switch version?
The lighting is worse, voice acting takes away from the atmosphere, Denuvo on PC. Plus Hardtype doesn’t exist for it. (I highly recommend it to anybody who likes Nocturne, it’s great.)
It's not exactly the same as the original in every way, thus it sucks! Typical retard response and one that's far too common on the codex. I knew it was going to be something along these lines before you even responded. I even predicted the complaint about the voice acting existing.

quixotic

Learned
The voice work is genuinely awful, in Jap AND English.
Nocturne has a stellar atmosphere, it’s one of the most noteworthy parts of the game to me. Fucking up the lighting messes with that atmosphere.

Nathir

Liturgist
It's not exactly the same as the original in every way, thus it sucks! Typical retard response and one that's far too common on the codex. I knew it was going to be something along these lines before you even responded. I even predicted the complaint about the voice acting existing.

"I even predicted the complaint about <obvious shit thing> :smug: !"

Wow, we have a genius over here!

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
I doubt they will put the money/effort for major changes to truly fix the game. Just DLC, small graphical upgrades and some difficulty rebalance. 69.99 USD + Denuvo.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/06/rum...announcement-teased-by-notable-chinese-leaker

Rumor: Shin Megami Tensei V ‘Complete Edition’ announcement teased by notable Chinese leaker​

"Complete Edition. Complete Edition. Complete Edition."
Sal Romano
Jun 19 2023 / 8:54 PM EDT

SMTV-CE-Leak_06-19-23_Top-320x180.jpg

Diandong Langke Lu Xun, a user on the Chinese forum A9VG known for their cryptic, PlayStation-related leaks, teased the upcoming announcement of a Shin Megami Tensei V “Complete Edition” in a June 16 post.
Xun has previously correctly teased several announcements, including the announcement of Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon‘s release date (via); the announcement of Hayarigami 1-2-3 Pack (via); the release date of “New Game+” for God of War Ragnarok (via); the announcement of Monster Hunter Rise for PlayStation, Xbox, and Windows (via); the release date of Final Fantasy XVI‘s “Ambition” trailer (via); the date of Silent Hill Transmission (via); and many more.
On June 16, Xun posted a GIF containing the following two frames:
Shin Megami Tensei V: Complete EditionShin Megami Tensei V: Complete Edition
The image itself is from the Shin Megami Tensei Online Live 2021: Ongaku no Kotowari concert held back in March 2021.
Shin Megami Tensei V: Complete Edition
The map in the first frame is taken directly from Shin Megami Tensei V:
The red text covering the screen in the second frame reads “Complete Edition” in Japanese, in the style of the “Sugu ni Kese” (“Turn It Off Now”) “glitch” of the original Shin Megami Tensei.
The bottom left corner of the photograph features a cutout of theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking added to the concert stage. The Shin Megami Tensei series has a recurring character named Stephen, who is heavily based off Hawking and was notably absent from Shin Megami Tensei V.
Finally, Xun is known for hiding dates in the dimensions of the images they post. The dimensions of the image posted on June 16 is 701×426. July 1, or “701,” is also the start of Anime Expo 2023, as well as the date of the “ATLUS / SEGA Presents: Shin Megami Tensei 30th Live: Band of Shadows” concert. While ATLUS has said not to expect any major announcements at the concert, this does not rule out an announcement before the concert.
When everything is put together, Xun appears to be teasing the announcement of a Shin Megami Tensei V “Complete Edition.”
Stay tuned.

d1r

Patron
Knowing Atlus, it will end just being the base game being sold with all the DLC.

Would be a heavy disappointment, since SMT3 and SMTIV received either an expansion pack or a complete new base game. However, it would be funny if they decide to add more content to the other story characters, since this would acknowledge that the base game was not ... "Complete".

Readher

Savant
Would much rather get SMT4 and Apocalypse touched up and with redone controls on PC. Didn't play SMTV, but it looked like SMT3 v2 - barebones world, almost non-existent story and just constant combat that puts you to sleep. Not touching that with a five-foot pole.

Perkel

Arcane
I still don't understand what is good about SMT. I played several games and each time SMT was the worst and every other offshoot game was better.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
I still don't understand what is good about SMT. I played several games and each time SMT was the worst and every other offshoot game was better.
SMT 3 is good because of the bizarre and thick atmosphere, and the gimmickless press turn combat. It had some decent dungeons too and I thought the story had strong concepts and amazing presentation even though it was quite bare-bones. Not a fan of the other SMT games though

d1r

Patron
What SMT did you play?

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
They finally gonna finish the game. Good for them, Good for them.

I can't wait to this version to be exclusive to PC, XBOX and PLAYSTATION and be Priced Full $60 again.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Play Strange Journey.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom