Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - action adventure from Respawn Entertainment

oasis789

Arcane
So I started playing this and right after finishing the tutorial, it turns out that the protagonist, who narrowly "escapes" being purged, is tasked by a stranger with a mysterious "former-Jedi" background to obtain a macguffin with a list of force sensitive kids. Nothing suspicious about this situation, no sir. I quit and uninstalled the game straight away.

Just who wrote this crap?

So, there's no solution for this?

There's a solution, but it involves you reaching your little alligator arms into your pocket.

Can't do that, there are too short, like your penis.

Anyway, the problem is solved. No thanks to you, bunch of assholes. Case closed.

I'll post my objective and magnificent impresion of the game once i finish it. For the moment, i enjoy the combat, but i don't like the metroidvania elements.

Finished it.

I have to say that I haven't enjoyed a Star Wars game so much since Kotor 2. At least as a SP experience, because i didn't play the new Battlefronts.

I was surprised, despite the positive comments and criticism, I did not expect much from this game, but I am hooked.

Although the combat system, the exploration and as metroidvania do not stand out individually, how it combines the three elements makes it stand out a lot.

The combat is entertaining on the whole, with the skills and the powers. As a metroidvania it's kinda of annoying, because the maps get labyrinthine, and the automap doesn't always help.

The story is fine, nothing special, it's ok for SW. It's way better than the new trilogy, that's for sure. But the characters and the dialogues support everything.

I liked almost all of them, and I think Cal Kestis deserves its place and recognition in the history of this series, as Kyle Katarn does. An emotional character, as the agenda dictates these days, but well developed and not a crying baby, unlike most AAA games today. He is pretty believable as a traumatized padawan who survive the order 66.

I wanted to complete it as much as possible, but planets like Zeffo are pretty dizzy. Mostly for the health, Force and vials upgrades. I didn't care for the collectibles, skins or the lightsaber elements.

Pretty good overall. There are better clones of Dark Souls, but for a SW game, is good enough. And they had less than two years for development, that's what i read at least, which is not enough time for an ambitious project like this.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I have to say that I haven't enjoyed a Star Wars game so much since Kotor 2. At least as a SP experience, because i didn't play the new Battlefronts.

The Battlefront 2 singleplayer is worth a quick run through for $5 or so if you're a big Star Wars nut. It's not good, but it's... adequate I guess?... if you're looking for a fix. It's no worse than a lot of other modern shooters that are less shit on.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
The Battlefront 2 singleplayer is worth a quick run through for $5 or so if you're a big Star Wars nut. It's not good, but it's... adequate I guess?... if you're looking for a fix. It's no worse than a lot of other modern shooters that are less shit on.
If you're gonna recommend people trash on the basis that it's cheap at least point them towards SWTOR.
There is the pain of having to play a WoW contemporary in the year of our Lord 2020 but at least with something like Imperial Agent you actually have a chance of walking away satisfied with the story.

Last edited:

JDR13

Arcane
Finished it.

I was surprised, despite the positive comments and criticism, I did not expect much from this game, but I am hooked..

Cool. Now support the devs and buy a legit copy. ;)

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If you're gonna recommend people trash on the basis that it's cheap at least point them towards SWTOR.

I mean, if you're a Star Wars nut and enjoy MMOs at all then yeah, play TOR at least once. If you're a Star Wars nut and enjoy shooters, Battlefront 2 is worth a quick run through. If you're not a Star Wars nut, I wouldn't bother with either.

Codex Year of the Donut
first level of this is really well designed for a tutorial level with pretty much zero hints
does a really good job of making you feel like you figured it out on your own without it being in your face with a bunch of "duh, I know that" textbox shit

Ivan

Arcane
How are the combat mechanics on hard? How does it hold up against Souls, Revengeance in that regard? Would you call its combat great?

JDR13

Arcane
How are the combat mechanics on hard? How does it hold up against Souls, Revengeance in that regard? Would you call its combat great?

It's very good, but it's nowhere near the same level of challenge (or frustration) as DS. I played on the second hardest difficulty, and only a few of the bosses were really challenging.

PrettyDeadman

It's very good, but it's nowhere near the same level of challenge (or frustration) as DS. I played on the second hardest difficulty, and only a few of the bosses were really challenging.
Second hardest difficulty in souls (aka gettings carried by phantoms) isn't that hard either.

v1rus

Arcane
Id say play on jedi master. Its good difficulty wise, and the game truly is well designed, so you want the most you can get out of it.

v1rus

Arcane
Id say play on jedi master. Its good difficulty wise, and the game truly is well designed, so you want the most you can get out of it.

Oops, meant jedi grand master. Thought jedi master was the most difficult one.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I played on hard all the way up to the end boss, who I found extremely, extremely annoying. Lowered it to normal to beat it. Luckily I don't care about cheevos.

Played this today for the first time and I'm pretty surprised. It looks great, runs very smoothly and doesn't play too badly. It's popamole done right and certainly better than other recent shit that I've played.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Tried it a few months ago, it wasnt bad but im to old for this shit do not like the plataform aspect of the game, having to jump, doing carthweels, etc.

lol, same. The atmosphere and ambience of the game are really nice, and one wishes for something like KOTOR done with these updated graphics.

It's all very well done for what it is, but I'm just too old for that kind of timing and precision now.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Tried it a few months ago, it wasnt bad but im to old for this shit do not like the plataform aspect of the game, having to jump, doing carthweels, etc.
It's all very well done for what it is, but I'm just too old for that kind of timing and precision now.
It's incredibly easy, most of the platforming is automated, it's very simplistic and mostly timing based. I guess Uncharted and Nu Tomb Raider ruined you folks with their retardness!
Back in my day we were playing Prince of Persia SOT trilogy and before my time they were playing classic Tomb Raiders. At this rate in the future we won't even have to press buttons to.. .oh! wait nu God of War has no input requirements for platforming.
Thanks guys!

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Last platform game i've played was God of WAr II like 10 years ago.
I'm 43 years old (in one month), im too old, best one i 've played was Prince of Persia (the original one)

The thing about platformers for oldies is not that you can't play them. Of course you can, with a bit of practice you can get back into the swing of it.

Rather it's that platformers go with the frenetic energy of youth, which bullies through setbacks. But to an older player, being set back because of missing a timing is a boring reason to be set back.

Citizen

Last platform game i've played was God of WAr II like 10 years ago.
I'm 43 years old (in one month), im too old, best one i 've played was Prince of Persia (the original one)

Holy shit take your pills old man and then play some Super Mario Sunshine, Rayman 2 and A HAT IN TIME

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom