Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - action adventure from Respawn Entertainment

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by vortex, Feb 28, 2019.

1. SpaceWizardz Savant

SpaceWizardz
    Devs sharing BTS stuff for its birthday:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. BLOBERT Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

BLOBERT
    BROS COULDNT DO IT

VERY AVERAGE GAMEPLAY I THOUGHT AND WAY TO SLOW PACED

IT LOOKS AND SOUNDS AMAZING THOUGH LOLOLL FIRING UP THE LASERSWORD AND CUTTING THROUGH ELECTRICAL CABLES WAS AMAZING AND YOU CAN ALSO CUT THE GRASS

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    Sadly, supposedly you cannot cut people, other than the odd hand here and there. :decline:
    That secret modification of the JK series was awesome.

• Yes Yes x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I'm 40 and pretty much never play games like this but I found the platforming pretty simplistic honestly. The combat could be hard at times (on one up from default difficulty) but not too bad. End boss was super annoying though so I turned it down to normal to beat it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. cruel Savant

cruel
    ^ Top  
  6. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    I'm not really sure about that either. I'm hoping it's included on EA Play since that's going to get rolled in to game pass in a week or two but I was looking at the same slightly conflicting info as you since as far as I can tell that's the only game on EA Play I'm potentially interested in. On the bright side, if you don't get an answer and you hold off buying it during this sale I'll try to pipe up in the thread once EA Play's added to game pass and then you can buy it (Or not) during the winter sale.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Steam store page says it's included.

^ Top  
  8. OctavianRomulus Learned

OctavianRomulus
    Considering getting this. Never seen the prequels. Worth it?

• Yes Yes x 2
    • No No x 2
    • meh meh x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    It's a pretty solid game at what it's doing, so if you like that... Dark Souls and Tomb Raider with lightsabers... then I'd say it's worth a go. It nails the Star Wars vibe, even if the storyline itself is meh.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • No No x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Volrath Arcane Patron

Volrath
    Nah, just replay the jedi knight series and forget the Disney shit ever happened.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Markman da Blitz master Patron

Markman
    Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Its included in EAPlay. Got it installed on the xbone.

• Bro, do you even lift? Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. cruel Savant

cruel
    Thanks. Got it on Origin via EA Play as well, downloading. We'll see.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

^ Top  
  13. cruel Savant

cruel
    Finished the game today, took 25 hours total, with 90%+ stuff explored. Very good game surprisingly, and calling it a mix of Dark Souls and Tomb Raider is pretty accurate (but more Dark Souls). It's nowhere near GOTY material of course, but I enjoyed the time spent.

My biggest surprise was level design. I was expecting a typical, casual corridor design with simple left - right - straight, but instead got a pretty complex level design with secrets, puzzles, verticality and some hard to reach places. Clearly a lot of thought was put into this.

Good things:
    - combat is good; not as fluid as DS or Nioh, but enjoyable; reading enemy patterns and reacting properly with dodge / block / parry / attack
    - as mentioned above, level design
    - droid companion made me like him
    - good / intuitive controls, things work exactly like you want them
    - good enemy variety
    - some memorable moments

Worse things:
    - the are moments when hitboxes are off, you are hit when you shouldn't be (rare)
    - most of the chests contain just cosmetics; not very motivating to explore as for rewards
    - clearly a 'modern' game; many powerful / reliable / strong women, with strong black women being the certain plot characters; it's not 'in your face' / annoying though, just noticeable
    - some puzzles are annoying
    - ending sucks

Good example of combat, showing somebody who knows what he's doing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWoYXc6JRR0

Overall 7.5/10. Not worth $60, but good enough at 60% off or $5 per month on EA Play.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. wahrk Learned

wahrk
    The level design surprised me too. The planets are a lot bigger than they initially seem, with a lot of varied locations on each one that are fun to discover. I also appreciated how it wasn’t completely static - progressing through the story does trigger certain changes, like stormtroopers moving in to occupy areas they didn’t before, or coming back to find new enemies attacking your ship, etc.

I do hope that in a sequel we get more meaningful equipment, or at least something to loot besides cosmetics. It would be nice to incorporate something like saber styles too, since there’s nothing like Dark Souls’ different weapon movesets to change up your playstyle.

Yeah, I was rolling my eyes a bit on Kashyyyk when nearly every single rebel soldier you come across is a woman. Then again the protagonist is a white guy, surprisingly. I guess they had to overcompensate.

^ Top  
  15. Xelocix Educated

Xelocix
    Yeah, lightsaber styles are one of my favourite aspects about Jedi Academy's Movie Battles 2 mod. If JFO 2 implements a similar saber-style mechanic I'll be very happy.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    ^ Top  
  17. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Says a lot about EA that everyone who eventually tries this is like "holy shit it's a good game."

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.