Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tihskael

Learned
So over the next month we will get BG3, Starfield, Armored Core and Elden Ring DLC on the horizon. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?
Also the DLC for Cyberpunk. I hope they nail this one; cautiously optimistic.

Readher

Savant
Samsung 980 Pro SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe
PCI-E is the slot, and I have such a port. NVM-E is what, a protocol? How do I check if I support that on my motherboard?
I have this shit https://motherboarddb.com/motherboards/551/ROG Maximus VII Hero/

bestiality
very
You have a fucking enthusiast mobo that costs $300, but don't even have an SSD or know how to install it. Your average PC user in 2023, more money than brains.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Protip: Keep your motherboard box when building a new PC and throw all extra screws and such in there. The screws for m.2 drives will already be in the box.
Achievement unlocked: kept the box, but threw away the screw.
Or, more likely, I used it for something else.

You have a fucking enthusiast mobo that costs $300, but don't even have an SSD or know how to install it. Your average PC user in 2023, more money than brains.
I bought it for half that, and I do have an SSD, its just smaller and plugged with a SATA interface. Although I do wish now I had paid someone else to build this shit, because the CPU heatsink and fan I installed are too large and too in the way of everything.
Anyways, stay poor, stay mad, stay butthurt that I am building up my machine and everyone here is friendly and helpful.

Readher

Savant
Protip: Keep your motherboard box when building a new PC and throw all extra screws and such in there. The screws for m.2 drives will already be in the box.

I bought it for half that, and I do have an SSD, its just smaller and plugged with a SATA interface. Although I do wish now I had paid someone else to build this shit, because the CPU heatsink and fan I installed are too large and too in the way of everything.
Anyways, stay poor, stay mad, stay butthurt that I am building up my machine and everyone here is friendly and helpful.
Imagine thinking that I'm poorer than someone from literally the poorest country in the EU. Just because I didn't overpay for worthless stuff that enthusiast mobos offer doesn't mean my PC is some junk.

You could've easily googled all the stuff you were asking here instead of clogging up the thread with tech support questions you'd expect cucksole converts to ask.

copebot

Learned
If you can read the visual chart in your motherboard manual and operate a screw, you can install an Nvme. If you cannot do those things, you can send some of your welfare money to a semi-sentient IT person to do it for you.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Why this turned into thread about CPUs and other stuff?

You can't use it for something else. It's tinny shit that tends to fall into slots and short them, and into PSU, and if you are lucky it vaporizes without harming PSU.

Did you seriously just need a tutorial to install a fucking SSD
Yes it's difficult, and he's Bulgarian.

And I kinda wonder why everyone is screaming about SSDs.

Robotigan

Learned
I upgraded my mobo recently and when I went to reinstall my cpu cooler I discovered that it had only come with AM3 mounting brackets. "No problem," I thought, "I'll just pop on over to Microcenter and get the new AM5 mounting brackets. Should only cost a few bucks." Fuckers didn't sell mounting brackets separately. They tried to sell me an entire cooler. Granted, they had already set me up with a great deal on the mobo/cpu bundle itself and I only had to wait a couple days for the brackets to come through Amazon, but it's the principle of the matter.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Microcenter has always been p. solid, afaik. We don't have them in CA (at least where I live) but I wish we did. Would be a nice alternative to Best Buy.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Did you seriously just need a tutorial to install a fucking SSD

Nobody asked for a tutorial or anything like that. I posted a timestamped video that showed the one single area that I have had friends ask me about. Any help coming from me was just being thourough to make sure he didn't run into any problems.

If you have any experience with installing drives then this is not needed. But I thought this video would be helpful just in case.

Anyone trying to help or seeking help shouldn't be a problem anyways. The only problem is assholes who shit on people for helping / learning.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Can we please get this thread back on track?

Here is a picture of Todd Howard with fabulous hair.

maxresdefault.jpg

AndrewCC

Educated
What is it about this game in particular, that attracts the most rabid anti-"woke" people? Why are all the racist, mysoginist guys on the codex in this thread?
I feel sorry for you guys, even if you live in a East European country that's 100% white (LOL EEs are white now?) when you go outside, 50% of the people you see around are ones you hate anyway: women. Must be painfull.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I'm actually really curious about this game. As JA3 and BG3 have turned out to be way better than expected, maybe Bethesda got its shit together and it will be good. Won't change anything for me since I won't buy the game on release, but we could use more (or any for that matter) decent space game.

And if it's stumble then at least I'm sure the bugs videos will be hilarious.

So over the next month we will get BG3, Starfield, Armored Core and Elden Ring DLC on the horizon. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?
Also the DLC for Cyberpunk. I hope they nail this one; cautiously optimistic.
they put in more e-celeb troons and le epic negro actor. i'm going to pass on that one.
Kurt sounds more interesting than any other character in Cyberpunk. Hopefully you can side with him in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom