Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gargaune

Arcane
Did Fallout 4 have the same level of mod support as Skyrim? There is so much variety in the Skyrim modding scene it's almost more difficult to try to find a concept for a mod someone hasn't tried to execute. I didn't think Fallout 4 had the same level of devotion dedicated to it.
It got the same support from Bethesda, but didn't attract the same following as Skyrim. The Fallout 4 mods selection is immense, probably one of the largest in gaming, but it distinctly lagged behind Skyrim's in scope and variety.

Some people blame Bethesda for withholding the tools for a couple of months post-launch, others the Fallout IP, and others still chalk it up to fantasy vs. science fiction in general, but I suspect there's another major factor at play - cannibalisation. Skyrim's modding scene reached critical mass in its time and simply kept going and going, so once Fallout 4 came out, some modders just stuck around in their already established ballpit and they're still there today.

Starfield runs similar risks and this is also one of the reasons I maintain swapping engines would be nuts - if you already lose modders along the way from one Creation Engine title to another, giving up on the CK altogether would yield a catastrophic dropoff. And mods are the lifeblood of Bethesda games' longevity because, as a wise man once said: See that thing we couldn't be arsed with? You can fix it!

RegionalHobo

Scholar
it s funny when todd talks about a bazillion planets he actually kills my hype instead of building it.

gameplay wise i expect the usual bethesda thing, writting wise is where i m curious. will it be as bad as fallout 4? dare i dream that it s close to morrowind?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
it s funny when todd talks about a bazillion planets he actually kills my hype instead of building it.

gameplay wise i expect the usual bethesda thing, writting wise is where i m curious. will it be as bad as fallout 4? dare i dream that it s close to morrowind?

You won't need to visit every planet. You will be able to play however thorough or however adhd you want, just like always. The writing will be more robust than Fallout 4 but of the same general quality. I enjoyed Fallout 4 from top to bottom and still play it to this day. If I was in your shoes, I would try to go in with as few preconceived biases as possible and see if you can enjoy the game for what it is. Just use Game Pass on PC (or xbox if you must) so you won't have to worry about being out as much money or having to stay within a 2 hour refund if that is a concern.

From the way the exploration has been described, you'll be looking out for points of interest, so you'll want to quickly visit lots of planets for a higher chance of running into what you want (and maybe building a house if you like the look of the place, the "Dream Home" background just mentions that your house is "on a peaceful planet" so you get the house immediately but you can't pick the location). Kind of like Mass Effect. Sometimes you just found geth/pirate bases with some loot, sometimes you find an event.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Okay, I'm intrigued. Care to expand on that? I mean it's not like you HAVE to go spend a thousand hours picking over boring rocks, I'm sure you can focus on your mission of the moment just fine.

writting wise is where i m curious. will it be as bad as fallout 4? dare i dream that it s close to morrowind?
Always expect hit and miss. The studio and the game are too big for a coherent setting with consistent writing.

Last edited:

Ulysa

Scholar
Some blanks filled in by a leak, complete list of all Traits and Backgrounds with descriptions and associated Skills. source

Complete Trait and Background list based on new leak

Traits
Alien DNA
You volunteered for a controversial experiment that combines alien and human DNA. As a result, you start with increased health and oxygen, but healing and food items aren't as effective.

Dream Home
You own a luxurious, customizable house on a peaceful planet! Unfortunately it comes with a 125,000 credit mortgage with GalBank that has to be paid weekly.

Empath
You are deeply connected to the feelings of others. Performing actions your companion likes will result in a temporary increase in combat effectiveness. But, performing actions they don't like will have the precise opposite effect.

Extrovert
You're a people person. Exerting yourself uses less oxygen when adventuring with human companions, but more when adventuring alone. (Incompatible with Introvert)

Freestar Collective Settler
You gain access to special Freestar Collective dialogue options, and better rewards from some missions given by the faction. But, crime bounty towards other factions is greatly increased. (Incompatible with Neon Street Rat, United Colonies Native)

Hero Worshipped
You've earned the attention of an annoying "Adoring Fan" who will show up randomly and jabber at you incessantly. On the plus side, he'll join your ship's crew and give you gifts...

Introvert
You really need your alone time. Exerting yourself uses less oxygen when adventuring alone, but more when adventuring with other human companions. (Incompatible with Extrovert)

Kid Stuff
Your parents are alive and well, and you can visit them at their home. But you will automatically send 2% of your credits home to them every week.

Neon Street Rat
You grew up on the mean streets of Neon. You gain access to special dialogue options, and better rewards from some missions on Neon. Crime bounty by other factions is greatly increased. (Incompatible with Freestar Collective Settler and United COlonies Native)

Raised Enlightened
You grew up as a member of the Enlightened. You gain access to a special chest full of items in the House of the Enlightened in New Atlantis, but lose access to the Sanctum Universum chest. (Incompatible with Raised Universal and Serpent's Embrace)

Raised Universal
You grew up as a member of the Sanctum Universum. You gain access to a special chest full of items in the Sanctum Universum in New Atlantis, but lose access to the House of the Enlightened chest. (Incompatible with Raised Enlightened and Serpent's Embrace)

Serpent's Embrace
You grew up worshiping the Great Serpent. Grav jumping provides a temporary boost to health and oxygen, but health and oxygen are lowered if you don't continue jumping regularly - like an addiction. (Incompatible with Raised Enlightened and Raised Universal)

Spaced
Your body has become acclimated to space. Health and oxygen are increased when in space, but decreased when on the surface. (Incompatible with Terra Firma)

Taskmaster
Occasionally, if you have crew trained in a certain ship system, that system will automatically repair itself to full health whenever it is damaged below 50%. However, all crew cost twice as much to hire.

Terra Firma
You've never acclimated to space. Health and oxygen are increased when on the surface, but decreased when you're in space. (Incompatible with Spaced)

United Colonies Native
You gain access to special United Colonies dialogue options, and better rewards from some missions given by the faction. However, crime bounty by other factions is greatly increased. (Incompatible with Freestar Collective Settler and Neon Street Rat)

Wanted
Someone put a price on your head, and word has spread. Occasionally, armed mercenaries will show up and try to kill you, but being cornered gives you an edge - when your health is low, you do extra damage.

Backgrounds
Beast Hunter
From the Ashta of Akila to the Terrormorphs that plague the whole of the Settled Systems, hostile alien life abounds. You've learned the skills to track them, find them, and take them down. Skills: Fitness, Ballistics, Gastronomy

Bouncer
You've worked the line at the toughest clubs in the Settled Systems. Back then, you learned that most non-lethal confrontations can be solved one of two ways: a strong right hook, or a more strongly secured door. Skills: Boxing, Security, Fitness

Bounty Hunter
Wherever there are wanted individuals, there are those who profit from their capture. And your quarry knows that in the vastness of space, they can run... but they can't hide. Skills: Piloting, Targeting Control Systems, Boost Pack Training

Chef
While the unrefined masses scarfed down Chunks by the shipload, you catered to those with a more... discerning palate. In your kitchen, countless alien species became true culinary masterpieces. Skills: Gastronomy, Dueling, Scavenging

Combat Medic
Leave it to human beings to fight over something as infinite as outer space. That's where you come in. You've never been afraid to take on the enemy... but you'd much rather take care of your friends. Skills: Pistol Certification, Medicine, Wellness

Cyber Runner
From Neon to New Atlantis, the megacorps stand as monuments to power, prestige and profit. You've worked both for and against them, on the inside and out, often sacrificing conscience for credits. Skills: Stealth, Security, Theft

Cyberneticist
Robots? Mere toys. Neuroamps? Good for parlor tricks. The Colony War may have made implants and upgrades available to veterans, but you once saw a greater future. Humans and machines, as one. Skills: Medicine, Security, Lasers

Diplomat
The wars are over. Peace now reigns in the Settled Systems. But only because there are those quietly fighting to keep it. Because of you, agreements were signed, words were heeded... lives were spared. Skills: Persuasion, Commerce, Wellness

Explorer
They said exploration is a lost art. You didn't listen. As the major factions argued over the space they desperately tried to control, you were busy uncovering the wonders of the Settled Systems. Skills: Lasers, Aerodynamics, Surveying

Gangster
You were always disgusted by suckers killing themselves to make an "honest wage." As soon as you were old enough to hold a weapon, you took what you wanted from anyone unlucky enough to have it. Skills: Shotgun Certification, Boxing, Theft

Homesteader
The discovery of the Settled System' many oxygen-rich planets and moons meant humans could live just about anywhere...if they had the know how. You did, and utilized it to great effect. Skills: Geology, Surveying, Weight Lifting

Industrialist
There was a time when all you wanted to be was a titan of industry, maybe a ship designer or megacorp exec. Thankfully, that skillset never goes out of style in the settled systems. Skills: Persuasion, Security, Research Methods

Long Hauler
Let those other hothead pilots obsess over laser weapons and maneuverability. You're a space trucker, pure and simple. Pack the cargo, get it there fast, get paid, repeat. Life is simple and good. Skills: Weight Lifting, Piloting, Ballistic Weapon Systems

Pilgrim
Wayfarer, wanderer, seeker...transient. You've been called many things during your travels, and learned something those others could never understand - the journey IS the destination. Skills: Scavenging, Surveying, Gastronomy

Professor
You've always enjoyed learning, but nothing could compare to the joy of teaching others. As humankind spread throughout the stars, there was never a lack of knowledge to obtain, and you gladly assisted. Skills: Aerodynamics, Geology, Research Methods

Ronin
Masterless and unbound, you wandered the Settled Systems as a blade for hire. To some, you were a simple mercenary. To others, a hero. And to a select few...a nightmare they could never wake from. Skills: Dueling, Stealth, Scavenging

Sculptor
With your knowledge of anatomy and skilled, steady hands, you could have become a surgeon. Instead, you followed your heart, and created works of art to amaze and inspire. Skills: Medicine, Geology, Persuasion

Soldier
The Settled Systems is no stranger to warfare, and if there's one thing armed conflict relies on it's trained warriors with guns and guts. You had both. Simple, bloody work...and you were great at it. Skills: Fitness, Ballistics, Boost Pack Training

Space Scoundrel
Good? Bad? Whose right is it to say? If there's anything you've learned traipsing through the galaxy, it's this: space may look black, but it's really one shade of grey. Skills: Pistol Certification, Piloting, Persuasion

Xenobiologist
The Settled Systems is home to untold alien species. And while none of them have yet proven sentient, that never deterred you. So you sought out and studied them for whatever gifts they offered. Skills: Lasers, Surveying, Fitness

[File Not Found]
Oddly, there's no information on file about your past life. Clerical oversight? Deletion by some powerful unknown faction? Or was there just nothing of note to mention? Whatever the reason, your past is known only to you. What's important is the here and now, and the path you're about to forge. Skills: Wellness, Ballistics, Piloting
A lot more skills than I thought. Dueling? Ronin sounds nice.
Also why would you want to visit your parents? That sounds like the worst trait ever with 2 bad things.

ColaWerewolf

Educated
A lot more skills than I thought. Dueling? Ronin sounds nice.
Also why would you want to visit your parents? That sounds like the worst trait ever with 2 bad things.
Roleplay is very effective in sandbox games. You could gradually build a stronghold around your parents' space villa and roleplay as an influential mafia family that controls an entire planet. Mods will add a lot more features to the family roleplay too, you can have a whole space Addams-Sopranos-Montana family.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron

I thought ‘Parents’, ‘Wanted’ and ‘Mortgage’ were the three best traits, personally. Grounding you in the world and giving you tangible background character elements the game actively acknowledges.

If you bump up the percentage of your earnings sent to your parents, it’s also a nice money sink that makes sense in the game world. I’d up it to 10% (it used to be that high, earlier in development).

Last edited:

Moink

Cipher
Some blanks filled in by a leak, complete list of all Traits and Backgrounds with descriptions and associated Skills. source

Complete Trait and Background list based on new leak

Traits
Alien DNA
You volunteered for a controversial experiment that combines alien and human DNA. As a result, you start with increased health and oxygen, but healing and food items aren't as effective.

Dream Home
You own a luxurious, customizable house on a peaceful planet! Unfortunately it comes with a 125,000 credit mortgage with GalBank that has to be paid weekly.

Empath
You are deeply connected to the feelings of others. Performing actions your companion likes will result in a temporary increase in combat effectiveness. But, performing actions they don't like will have the precise opposite effect.

Extrovert
You're a people person. Exerting yourself uses less oxygen when adventuring with human companions, but more when adventuring alone. (Incompatible with Introvert)

Freestar Collective Settler
You gain access to special Freestar Collective dialogue options, and better rewards from some missions given by the faction. But, crime bounty towards other factions is greatly increased. (Incompatible with Neon Street Rat, United Colonies Native)

Hero Worshipped
You've earned the attention of an annoying "Adoring Fan" who will show up randomly and jabber at you incessantly. On the plus side, he'll join your ship's crew and give you gifts...

Introvert
You really need your alone time. Exerting yourself uses less oxygen when adventuring alone, but more when adventuring with other human companions. (Incompatible with Extrovert)

Kid Stuff
Your parents are alive and well, and you can visit them at their home. But you will automatically send 2% of your credits home to them every week.

Neon Street Rat
You grew up on the mean streets of Neon. You gain access to special dialogue options, and better rewards from some missions on Neon. Crime bounty by other factions is greatly increased. (Incompatible with Freestar Collective Settler and United COlonies Native)

Raised Enlightened
You grew up as a member of the Enlightened. You gain access to a special chest full of items in the House of the Enlightened in New Atlantis, but lose access to the Sanctum Universum chest. (Incompatible with Raised Universal and Serpent's Embrace)

Raised Universal
You grew up as a member of the Sanctum Universum. You gain access to a special chest full of items in the Sanctum Universum in New Atlantis, but lose access to the House of the Enlightened chest. (Incompatible with Raised Enlightened and Serpent's Embrace)

Serpent's Embrace
You grew up worshiping the Great Serpent. Grav jumping provides a temporary boost to health and oxygen, but health and oxygen are lowered if you don't continue jumping regularly - like an addiction. (Incompatible with Raised Enlightened and Raised Universal)

Spaced
Your body has become acclimated to space. Health and oxygen are increased when in space, but decreased when on the surface. (Incompatible with Terra Firma)

Taskmaster
Occasionally, if you have crew trained in a certain ship system, that system will automatically repair itself to full health whenever it is damaged below 50%. However, all crew cost twice as much to hire.

Terra Firma
You've never acclimated to space. Health and oxygen are increased when on the surface, but decreased when you're in space. (Incompatible with Spaced)

United Colonies Native
You gain access to special United Colonies dialogue options, and better rewards from some missions given by the faction. However, crime bounty by other factions is greatly increased. (Incompatible with Freestar Collective Settler and Neon Street Rat)

Wanted
Someone put a price on your head, and word has spread. Occasionally, armed mercenaries will show up and try to kill you, but being cornered gives you an edge - when your health is low, you do extra damage.

Backgrounds
Beast Hunter
From the Ashta of Akila to the Terrormorphs that plague the whole of the Settled Systems, hostile alien life abounds. You've learned the skills to track them, find them, and take them down. Skills: Fitness, Ballistics, Gastronomy

Bouncer
You've worked the line at the toughest clubs in the Settled Systems. Back then, you learned that most non-lethal confrontations can be solved one of two ways: a strong right hook, or a more strongly secured door. Skills: Boxing, Security, Fitness

Bounty Hunter
Wherever there are wanted individuals, there are those who profit from their capture. And your quarry knows that in the vastness of space, they can run... but they can't hide. Skills: Piloting, Targeting Control Systems, Boost Pack Training

Chef
While the unrefined masses scarfed down Chunks by the shipload, you catered to those with a more... discerning palate. In your kitchen, countless alien species became true culinary masterpieces. Skills: Gastronomy, Dueling, Scavenging

Combat Medic
Leave it to human beings to fight over something as infinite as outer space. That's where you come in. You've never been afraid to take on the enemy... but you'd much rather take care of your friends. Skills: Pistol Certification, Medicine, Wellness

Cyber Runner
From Neon to New Atlantis, the megacorps stand as monuments to power, prestige and profit. You've worked both for and against them, on the inside and out, often sacrificing conscience for credits. Skills: Stealth, Security, Theft

Cyberneticist
Robots? Mere toys. Neuroamps? Good for parlor tricks. The Colony War may have made implants and upgrades available to veterans, but you once saw a greater future. Humans and machines, as one. Skills: Medicine, Security, Lasers

Diplomat
The wars are over. Peace now reigns in the Settled Systems. But only because there are those quietly fighting to keep it. Because of you, agreements were signed, words were heeded... lives were spared. Skills: Persuasion, Commerce, Wellness

Explorer
They said exploration is a lost art. You didn't listen. As the major factions argued over the space they desperately tried to control, you were busy uncovering the wonders of the Settled Systems. Skills: Lasers, Aerodynamics, Surveying

Gangster
You were always disgusted by suckers killing themselves to make an "honest wage." As soon as you were old enough to hold a weapon, you took what you wanted from anyone unlucky enough to have it. Skills: Shotgun Certification, Boxing, Theft

Homesteader
The discovery of the Settled System' many oxygen-rich planets and moons meant humans could live just about anywhere...if they had the know how. You did, and utilized it to great effect. Skills: Geology, Surveying, Weight Lifting

Industrialist
There was a time when all you wanted to be was a titan of industry, maybe a ship designer or megacorp exec. Thankfully, that skillset never goes out of style in the settled systems. Skills: Persuasion, Security, Research Methods

Long Hauler
Let those other hothead pilots obsess over laser weapons and maneuverability. You're a space trucker, pure and simple. Pack the cargo, get it there fast, get paid, repeat. Life is simple and good. Skills: Weight Lifting, Piloting, Ballistic Weapon Systems

Pilgrim
Wayfarer, wanderer, seeker...transient. You've been called many things during your travels, and learned something those others could never understand - the journey IS the destination. Skills: Scavenging, Surveying, Gastronomy

Professor
You've always enjoyed learning, but nothing could compare to the joy of teaching others. As humankind spread throughout the stars, there was never a lack of knowledge to obtain, and you gladly assisted. Skills: Aerodynamics, Geology, Research Methods

Ronin
Masterless and unbound, you wandered the Settled Systems as a blade for hire. To some, you were a simple mercenary. To others, a hero. And to a select few...a nightmare they could never wake from. Skills: Dueling, Stealth, Scavenging

Sculptor
With your knowledge of anatomy and skilled, steady hands, you could have become a surgeon. Instead, you followed your heart, and created works of art to amaze and inspire. Skills: Medicine, Geology, Persuasion

Soldier
The Settled Systems is no stranger to warfare, and if there's one thing armed conflict relies on it's trained warriors with guns and guts. You had both. Simple, bloody work...and you were great at it. Skills: Fitness, Ballistics, Boost Pack Training

Space Scoundrel
Good? Bad? Whose right is it to say? If there's anything you've learned traipsing through the galaxy, it's this: space may look black, but it's really one shade of grey. Skills: Pistol Certification, Piloting, Persuasion

Xenobiologist
The Settled Systems is home to untold alien species. And while none of them have yet proven sentient, that never deterred you. So you sought out and studied them for whatever gifts they offered. Skills: Lasers, Surveying, Fitness

[File Not Found]
Oddly, there's no information on file about your past life. Clerical oversight? Deletion by some powerful unknown faction? Or was there just nothing of note to mention? Whatever the reason, your past is known only to you. What's important is the here and now, and the path you're about to forge. Skills: Wellness, Ballistics, Piloting

A lot of those traits sound more like backgrounds than the backgrounds.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
The enduring criticism of all Elder Scrolls has been that the leveling system allows you to be "good at everything," yet in my own playthroughs of each game I've never found that to be the case. Leveling a full Fighter/Archer/Mage, regardless of game, requires more time and grinding than I've ever cared to spend. It's like saying you can technically max out all skills to 300 in Fallout 2 but the time that would take is so prohibitive no one is going to bother.

Better criticism is to say Skyrim is so easy it doesn't matter what you're good at, the game can be beaten regardless of build.
Better criticism is to say Skyrim has no sense of progression and levelling up is boring because you're getting +10 HP and +10% damage bullshit.

volklore

Arcane
For all its faults Morrowind character progression system is waaaaaay better than oblivion and god forbid, skyrim. The main issue with morrowind is tying up attribute modifiers to skill level ups and generally the economy since it is linked to leveling via trainers.
TES in general just need to hybridize their progression system Lean by Use + skill points similar to Prelude to Darkness so you can bring up the ones that don't level that much naturally. Morrowind used training for that purpose.
That would require a lot of actual game design though which I don't think bethesda is too concerned with overall.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Didn't this already come out a few years back? They called it The Outer Worlds or something. And even before that we had No Man's Sky.
No, no you have not citizen #21305. Please check in to your nearest checkpoint for re-education.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Oblivion's progression system single handedly destroys the game and Morrowind's rewards you for spamming spells at the wall while you're in town. I don't see how those are better than Skyrim's

Butter

Arcane
Patron
There's barely any difference between the two. The only difference is that instead of major/minor/misc. skills, you get major skills and everything else. That's an improvement.

Still a shitty system overall though.
Morrowind allows you as much training as you can afford, making it much easier to get ideal attribute gains each level, and making it much easier to increase skills that are a pain in the ass to grind, like Athletics and Acrobatics. Related, but Morrowind's much more limited level scaling means you aren't punished for choosing to not painstakingly min-max. There are people who argue against levelling up in Oblivion, reasoning that it's a poisoned chalice. Morrowind doesn't have this issue.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Leaker filled in blanks in for all skills on the Tech tree. source (beware lots of other spoilers on this page)
Source will post the rest of the skills "later".

Tec-1 Ballistic Weapon Systems
Tec-1 Boost Pack Training
Tec-1 Piloting
Tec-1 Security
Tec-1 Targeting Control Systems

Tec-2 Energy Weapon Systems
Tec-2 Engine Systems
Tec-2 Payloads
Tec-2 Shield Systems

Tec-3 Missile Weapon Systems
Tec-3 Particle Beam Systems
Tec-3 Robotics
Tec-3 Starship Design
Tec-3 Starship Engineering

Tec-4 Automated Weapon Systems
Tec-4 Boost Assault Training
Tec-4 EM Weapon Systems

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I read the new leakers gameplay experience. I summed it up. I am going in chronological order of the information released. So things change as he plays more. Zombra (has me on ignore) provided the link to reddit in the post above. That is where this condensed information comes from.

When you land on a planet you get a large region to explore that is capped off. Roughly 30 mins in every direction.

You can fast travel between planets in the same system as long as you have explored the planet you are attempting to fast travel to.

You can change your characters looks eventually

Combat feels tight

Some stutters but not much

Fast travel is very prevelent. Flyring around the system from planet to planet instead of using fast travel doesnt make sense since you are not actually taking off or landing on a planet.

Good music

Good voice acting

Good character animations

Chose not to explore New Atlantis because it was to big (lolwut)

Confirms that you are locked into a large region when you land. A lot of points of interest in each region. Outer space also has points of interest.

Says the more he plays the more the region boundaries aren't bothering him as the world feels alive.

After further testing says the regional boundaries will be the biggest point of contention in the game.

Earth is one giant desert planet.

He tested the region bouandaires further by landing on various sites on a planet to attempt to "connect" the regions. They do not make one big region upon discovering them.

World is not seamless. Some doors cause a quick loading screen. NPC's when using certain doors will fade out like all other bethesda titles.

Further testing of planets. You can land anywhere on a planet and it will generate these large regions with boundaries. So yes you can land anywhere on a planet. There are pre-designated landing areas on the planets. Those have big points of interest. The game doesn't explain well that you can land anywhere.

Difficulty levels = very easy / easy / normal / hard / very hard. Says he chose hard and still feels overpowered.

You can turn off crosshairs, floating markers, damage numbers.

Is having trouble with ship building. Doesn't understand it yet. Everything is modular.

You can make giant ships if you have enough money.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
What happens if you try to fly directly at the planet while in orbit? Is it just an invisible wall?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
What happens if you try to fly directly at the planet while in orbit? Is it just an invisible wall?

I would imagine a message would tell you that you can go no further as you hit the invisible wall.

Edit. I guess the other option is to always keep the planets out of reach.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom