Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Okay, I don't get.
Are these LA CREATURA faces just unfortunate screencaps, or you really do see it often? With weird eyes and all.

I can't really watch edgy videos about non-whites in Starfield, because I'm in a public space in Italy.
It’s there in New Atlantis but you have to actively look for it. I don’t see it on any of the quest givers, merchants, companions. You’re not gonna be spending a lot of time looking at NPCs because you’ll be off doing stuff.

Perkel

Arcane
sorting only by name, no category classes so you get bunch of random names that say you nothing,
you can sort by name, weight, value, and it has categories for aid, misc, weapons, etc. You even have a category for new items. Did you even play the game

ok then sort it out when you loot all that aid items and find medpack. And by category i mean something more than AID. Like in previous games mod uis where you could have lemon - food in aid instead of just lemon, this way you could quickly see garbage and actual useful items.

Here is how it worked in FNV ui mod:

under "aid":

potato - food
lemon - food
stimpak - med
antivenom - med
buff - drug
medx - drug

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
sorting only by name, no category classes so you get bunch of random names that say you nothing,
you can sort by name, weight, value, and it has categories for aid, misc, weapons, etc. You even have a category for new items. Did you even play the game

ok then sort it out when you loot all that aid items and find medpack. And by category i mean something more than AID. Like in previous games mod uis where you could have lemon - food in aid instead of just lemon, this way you could quickly see garbage and actual useful items.
so you want the game to specify that a lemon is a food?

Funnily enough it actually does that. When you loot something, the first name is the type, like Membrane or Cosmetic, the name in the brackets is the specifier like Cosmetic (Carapace) or Fibre (Root) in this case you have looted a Root and it is of the type Fibre which can be used in crafting and research where Fibre is required. It's just that the crafting system in Starfield is much more involved than in previous games. So you get a lot of categories, not just food, drug, med.

Last edited:

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I never played Skyrim, sorry.
He asked if you bought a copy this year, not if you played it. Todd only cares about the former.
I never played nor bought a copy of any edition of Skyrim. Ever.
I didn't even pirate it.
Come on... you play it. You know you play it. We all play it. We love to play it. I play it and I love to play it. I just played it and I'm ready to play it again don't tell me you don't play it.

Clearly, no History of the World Part I fans in this thread. Fucking heathens!

Goldschmidt

Learned
371917541-269680365858663-1452298402262952785-n.png
The look on their face they are about to gang rape you soon.

bobocrunch

Educated
X9ASQlz.png

the well reminds me of golem city from deus ex, hopefully i can keep playing this like oblivion and just ignore everything not in a town

MerchantKing

Learned
I'm not going to play this game. Diversity really is ugly and it just makes the game seem gross. The generic corporate slop dialogue in some of the videos I see is extremely disturbing.

I guess Mr. Soros and Mr. Koch were wrong all along. I'm sorry Euro goyim for the retarded politics of these two atheistic Khazars and their white European and American CEO friends.

Vic

Savant
By the way, can anybody who is playing the game confirm if we are actually playing on the same planet, or if Jemison is already randomly generated:

Starfield-9-3-2023-12-04-19-AM.png

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Something nice in the first planet:

The story dungeon has you coming to a research lab making bioweapon out of xenomorph (to predictable end).

If you land your ship somewhere north out of the lab and explore near a cave you will get a Level 10 Xenomorph (of not the planet species) raping some soldier a new asshole before going to you.

Pretty nice touch.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
It would be the easiest fucking thing to make a "Aliens testing humanity" story and have all the weird shit you can get up to in a Gamebryo game be judged at the end but no it has to be "collect things" again.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Are these LA CREATURA faces just unfortunate screencaps, or you really do see it often?
As Vic said, 80% of them are. Although I am starting to think the number is higher than that as I play more.

It’s there in New Atlantis but you have to actively look for it. I don’t see it on any of the quest givers, merchants, companions. You’re not gonna be spending a lot of time looking at NPCs because you’ll be off doing stuff.

Huh? What do you mean actively looking? Even on low density setting they are all over the place. You can't look away from the NPC's in front and to the left and right of you. The quest givers, merhcants and companions are also mostly black or mutts too. Sure the models are higher quality than the freakish "citizien" models but who cares. A turd is turd no matter how you polish it.

Vic

Savant
I know I said I'm going to bed but you guys talking about Starfield made me want to boot it up again (it actually crashed again hence why not minimized). Anyway, I'm busy scanning all the fauna and flora on Jemison (The second planet you are on and the one with the nigger metropolis). Missing one more plant and one more animal to complete.

Starfield-9-3-2023-12-24-59-AM.png

What's the point you might ask? Well, it's kind of addicting to hunt for monsters and plants to scan, and killing them and gathering the plants gives you resources for crafting and research. But beyond that, I am not sure. I am doing a 100% scan for this planet and then I'll see if it was a waste of time or not. After I'm done here I'm going to a level 10 planet and see if the monsters get cooler than these low level scrubs:

Starfield-9-3-2023-12-30-41-AM.png

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
I think I'm actually more worried about Vic's health and state of mind than SDG's

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom