Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

BruceVC

Magister
I asked Infinitron to remove the Bethestard tag via PM and he said he will if I post my messege in this thread, so here it is:

I don't think it's justified and negatively affects the perception of my posts!

The last Bethesda game I played was in 2015 when Fallout 4 released, and now again with Starfield which I've played for 2 weeks. And I'm not going to play another Bethesda game until they either release a major DLC or TES 6 comes out.... I do enjoy their games but I wouldn't call myself as a Bethesda fan. They aren't even among my favorite games nor do I consider them RPGs but action-adventure with RPG elements.

Starfield was my hope to counteract the woke influx of BG3 so maybe I got a little carried away there but it turned out to be even more woke than BG3, it's kind of disgusting and I feel disgusted seeing the company logo under every post I make.

If you could remove it that would be nice because it really does bother me.

Thanks,

This is the post that earned me the tag btw, so make of this story what you will, I'm not saying staff is biased or anything...

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...me-studios-release-thread.148199/post-8661770
Im disappointed and surprised you asked the mods to do this? I thought we agreed Bethesda games needed those first few patches and mods to let them achieve there full potential and excellence, are you not being hasty ?

Or you do dislike Starfield because its too woke for you and thats your reason you dont want to be associated with the tag?

jf8350143

Liturgist
Beat the game in 80 hours.

It's better than I expected, ropleplay mechanics are passable, and which is miles ahead comparing to other RPGs bethesda make.

Actually has some decent quest design in the faction quests, although the space cowboy quests are dogshit. They even have some nice presentation in the UC quest line.

Ship building is pretty cool as well.

Still it's just another bethesda game.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I asked Infinitron to remove the Bethestard tag via PM and he said he will if I post my messege in this thread, so here it is:

I don't think it's justified and negatively affects the perception of my posts!

The last Bethesda game I played was in 2015 when Fallout 4 released, and now again with Starfield which I've played for 2 weeks. And I'm not going to play another Bethesda game until they either release a major DLC or TES 6 comes out.... I do enjoy their games but I wouldn't call myself as a Bethesda fan. They aren't even among my favorite games nor do I consider them RPGs but action-adventure with RPG elements.

Starfield was my hope to counteract the woke influx of BG3 so maybe I got a little carried away there but it turned out to be even more woke than BG3, it's kind of disgusting and I feel disgusted seeing the company logo under every post I make.

If you could remove it that would be nice because it really does bother me.

Thanks,

This is the post that earned me the tag btw, so make of this story what you will, I'm not saying staff is biased or anything...

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...me-studios-release-thread.148199/post-8661770
Im disappointed and surprised you asked the mods to do this? I thought we agreed Bethesda games needed those first few patches and mods to let them achieve there full potential and excellence, are you not being hasty ?

Or you do dislike Starfield because its too woke for you and thats your reason you dont want to be associated with the tag?
I was excited for the game, I enjoyed it for 100+ hours and now it's time to move on, I don't want to have the Bethesda company logo in every post I make.

And yes, I feel like what they did with Starfield was a major disappointment. I was hoping that the game would be like their past games, no woke agenda. But it turned out the complete opposite.

And to be frank, I don't believe mods can salvage this for the following reasons:

1) The game's state is unacceptable given the timeframe and money involved. They didn't include city/indoor maps because.. reasons? It wasn't a design descision but another thing lacking in the game. Post release, it took them 2 weeks to push an update which included almost nothing, vague performance fixes which didn't really do anything for anybody from what I've seen. So many things are missing, and if it took them 2 weeks for some small fixes, I don't think they'll be able to update it enough in time, and mods can only do so much. The state in which the game released is mind boggling. Useless outpost building, bad itemization for the looter shooter combat, completely boring/bland space sim elements. Whole game feels unfinished.
2) The setting, world building and writing. This just adds insult to injury. It's just so bland and boring I can't believe this was created by AAA writers. I do not enjoy any of the story content.
3) The woke agenda. They are really pushing it here and I doubt they're going to stop. New Atlantis is the main hub of the game and it's completely riddled by ugly looking niggers. Just going into town to buy ammo is draining.

So to summarize, I think the way the game is right now is pretty close to what we're going to see at the end, espcially given the mixed reception I doubt they're going to pump too much more money into it, and we've already seen what they were able to accomplish with $300M USD.

Iucounu

Educated
This is beyond retarded.

1694899052747787.png
It could be intentional:

1. Saves development cost.

2. Makes gullible PC "Master Race" gamers buy new PC hardware (game developer gets kickback from hardware sales).

3. When modders optimize the game for free, the game will get continued media exposure for years to come.

Hellraiser

Arcane
This is beyond retarded.

1694899052747787.png
It could be intentional:

1. Saves development cost.

2. Makes gullible PC "Master Race" gamers buy new PC hardware (game developer gets kickback from hardware sales).

3. When modders optimize the game for free, the game will get continued media exposure for years to come.
How is this approach supposed to fulfill point 1?
It is faster to churn out an unoptimized mesh, especially when you need to make those for various clutter and sundry items like pencils, desk decorations, toys, potatoes, apples, sandwiches, cheese?

Last edited:

Vic

Savant

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm sorry, the fuck is with this NG+ shit? Is this a thing now? Why?
have to squeeze out gametime somehow out of the 1000 planets

This is the first time i ever even heard of it. When did this shit start?
New Game+ was a thing for a long time now. First game I know that utilized it was Chrono Trigger (1995)

I'm talking about when did it become a thing in mainstream western games.

Bendu

Augur
Finished it today. Did the main quest, all faction quests, three companion quests and a few other quests.

My final verdict: 4,5/10.

To put it into context with its peer group: Fallout: New Vegas = Morrowind > Skyrim > Fallout 3 = Starfield = Oblivion > Mass Effect Andromeda = Fallout 4 > The Outer Worlds

Vic

Savant

New Game+ was a thing for a long time now. First game I know that utilized it was Chrono Trigger (1995)

It's not "a thing" in mainstream western games, they used this technique to make use of their procedural generation. Another recent game that has NG+ is Elden Ring, also previous soulsbourne games, mainstream, though not western. Witcher 3 has it too.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Finished it today. Did the main quest, all faction quests, three companion quests and a few other quests.

To put it into context with its peer group: Fallout: New Vegas = Morrowind > Skyrim > Fallout 3 = Starfield = Oblivion > Mass Effect Andromeda = Fallout 4 > The Outer Worlds
How the hell do you think The Outer Worlds is worse than Andromeda?
What the fuck is Starfield doing next to Oblivion? Even this piece of trash was better than Starfield.

Zeriel

Arcane

Most ironic thing is it doesn't even fulfill the usual purpose of NG+ since it doesn't let you change chargen choices to allow new backgrounds/traits for different dialogue, so you're mostly locked into grinding the same experience as the first time, just with a chance at new space magic powers.

Perkel

Arcane

What the fuck is Starfield doing next to Oblivion? Even this piece of trash was better than Starfield.

Nah Oblivion was piece of trash through and through. Starfield is better game.

Bendu

Augur
Andromeda has at least better shooting, two decent companions and one or two nice story details, unlike The Outer Worlds, which has no redeeming points at all. And Starfield has at least better combat than Oblivion.

Cross

Arcane

Have you been asleep for the past 10 years? It's one of those things that developers, triple-A and indie alike, started mindlessly including in almost every game a long time ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom