Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Characters in this game are pansies, people don't lose sanity so easily. Oh no, a dead horse! I'm fainting! This is not how humans work.
It wouldn't be Lovecraft if the characters didn't go nuts from the unspeakable awesome impossible eldritch terror of their own shadows.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
also judging by the achievement, i really think i completely underestimate the depth of this game. it feels like AoD level replayability and the fact it's 20 hours long really helped. they really need to add faster mode for travelsal and combat and the game will be 100x better

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Also encountered guy stuck doing black face for eternity and his friend Stinky in French Hills. Overall not too preachy attempt from devs to say "kiiidz black face is not ok, mkaaay". Ok, Lady Cthulu, we wooon't do it anymoar . . .
Why do they give a shit about niggers, I thought they were Turks?

Loading times are ass, and the overlay froze after my first combat, but its been fun otherwise. Decided to play as an explorer for dog companion. Also, they need to tone down the animations in combat, or let me click hexagons, because its annoying trying to click a bitch I need to shoot while they're dancing.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lack of proper wiki is not allowing me to properly plan my character.
I want speech+sneak+subterfuge, hence either performer or gansta.
What i dont understand is how useful skills/attributes are.
I cant seem to find throwing weapons early, are they viable?
What sexappeal on movie actor does?
looks like i can be lax on attributes and max dex + cha even if i play old character. Does it make skills better for me?
Increasing CHA doesnt seem to change much, it claims to affect speechcraft but its not shown how?
You've already done way too much research. Just play the game, take abilities that sound cool or fit your concept, and make it work. No guides!

What is the most deus vult archetype in this game?
I think it will be fun to play zealous catholic who tries to purge anything touched by supernatural as heresy.
Definitely Occultist/Depraved/Divine.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
I am a few hours in and it seems that range weapons are pretty useless. My female companion just spends the time sitting in the corner because of how low her weapon damage is. While my thug group beats the shit out of everything in front of them.

For the warehouse you could use occult check to make the ghouls kill each other. Also the last fight,the ambush is optional,you get some neat weapons from that crate tho.

Also the game runs perfectly fine on HDD ,the guy up there is just a retard or a troll lol.

You could open the safe and other shut boxes with a crowbar and athletics checks,you get the crowbar from the pawnshop,it is a weapon type.

Annoying thing i noticed is getting an insanity trait from nowhere. All that negative shit seems like forced shit to make it more "lovecraftian". It only messes up your screen and text during dialogue,it is just stupid mechanics.

yep as a ranged weapon user you have two choices:

keep shooting and miss a fuckton even with modded weapons

focus and shoot and do half the damage of a melee

focus has the potential to work better with heavy ap weapons but who knows

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So, it sounds this game need patching, I guess I will wait until they fix it
There is not much broken content,but it does need patching.

Characters in this game are pansies, people don't lose sanity so easily. Oh no, a dead horse! I'm fainting! This is not how humans work.
It wouldn't be Lovecraft if the characters didn't go nuts from the unspeakable awesome impossible eldritch terror of their own shadows.
Ahhh going down the street and just getting a notification that you are now sociopath or some other mental illness is retarded!

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Ahhh going down the street and just getting a notification that you are now sociopath or some other mental illness is retarded!
True that but theses mental ilnesses are cool, granted all these things don't come from somethinge else then besides adding a horror filter to the graphics and making you see illusion characters schizophrenia occasionally disables a dialog option and replaces it with some crazy boy line.
TgoYLDN.png
Dq8YRBJ.png

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Can you not go back there after leveling up?

also not sure what max skill level is but the game says you can only max out skill levels of the skills associated with your archetype (3 of them)

yea that s why i picked the noble archetype, because of speech and got stuck with the butler lmao. then again i'm not 100% sure i can t dismiss him but i did not found the option.

as for going there later i guess it s possible but i needed the exp for one point in another skill to solve another wall in another quest

i guess stealth only counts in the MC just like crafting, which is bizarre since it s a starting skill for the outsider
But even Batman that is the greatest detective and a mighty ninja keeps his butler in service!

hey i'm not complaining the guy is hard carrying me. him as a full melee does at least double the damage my gunslinger do every fight, much better than alfred!

I don't understand this. There's no way the final room of the warehouse isn't optional. The three ghouls that exist at the start of the fight are bad enough, but 4 more just arrived? This is literally impossible...

Where the fuck is that crate?

yea i had a lot of '' fun '' doing that room
But is that where the transmitter is?

I remember i saw some part for the quest (transmitter maybe?) in the inventory of that junk merchant

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
True that but theses mental ilnesses are cool, granted all these things don't come from somethinge else then besides adding a horror filter to the graphics and making you see illusion characters schizophrenia occasionally disables a dialog option and replaces it with some crazy boy line.
Ahh you get the stupid text no matter the illness you get. I am sociopath and have the stupid text,it doesn't make sense.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Step 1 : crave for money (to be able and buy any food, ammos, medicines ...)
Step 2 : get some money.
Step 3 : Spend all the money on whatever garbage whose usefulness has yet to be proved with a cool description the next merchant has to sell.
-> Step 1.

All the fucking time.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
My first playthrough is with pre-made Private Eye. Fitting. I just developed addiction to tobacco. Fitting

So far game is great, except for rough edges like non-communicated time passage which makes paying henchmen/ food-sleep need managment very hard to track. Then again in this lost dimension watches are but jewellery and all time is up!

Yet I never got hungry nor sleepy as fast as my character in this game. Stygian already ate 6 hours of my real time

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Step 1 : crave for money (to be able and buy any food, ammos, medicines ...)
Step 2 : get some money.
Step 3 : Spend all the money on whatever garbage whose usefulness has yet to be proved with a cool description the next merchant has to sell.
-> Step 1.

All the fucking time.
Ahhh i just bought a useless garbage that gave me +1 occult research,thinking that it will let me do two occult researches in one camping. It cost like 500 cigs and ended up useless also it pumped my angst up.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone know how to get more kerosene? I can't progress in the warehouse since I ran out. Nobody sells it either. I can see that the shop has some, at least as decoration... Also I noticed earlier I had a kerosene holder of some kind, but it disappeared somehow. I know it had a red icon.

Edit:

Yeah, almost forgot. Game seems a bit buggy.

I went into the warehouse with the fella that lost his horse. But I decided to go back out and get some more supplies and try to hire that muscle guy at the bar again. This broke my game somehow, or at least the guy mourning his horse:

deQPh8A.png

He is following me everywhere now, and at times he turns into a giant :)

Last edited:

RegionalHobo

Scholar
Anyone know how to get more kerosene? I can't progress in the warehouse since I ran out. Nobody sells it either. I can see that the shop has some, at least as decoration... Also I noticed earlier I had a kerosene holder of some kind, but it disappeared somehow. I know it was a red icon.

Edit:

Yeah, almost forgot. Game seems a bit buggy.

I went into the warehouse with the fella that lost his horse. But I decided to go back out and get some more supplies and try to hire that muscle guy at the bar again. This broke my game somehow, or at least the guy mourning his horse:

deQPh8A.png

He is following me everywhere now, and at times he turns into a giant :)

that npc that sell itens on the street sells kerosene

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Starting with the Royalty origin grants you your own personal butler right from the very beginning, a very useful muscleman with skills in firearms and melee and athleticism. He has his own dialogue and intervenes in conversations. He sponges and dishes all the damage while I focus on occultism and spellcasting. You can still hire the spainaired as he does not count as a companion and with the outsider you now have 3 henchmen doing all the work for you while you relax and read occult text. I have been cruising through the game so far with no real challenge. Also did I mention you start with extra money?

Now for a question: I dismissed the outsider to hire the dead animated solider but now I cannot find the outsider again, anyone know where he hangs out?

RegionalHobo

Scholar
Starting with the Royalty origin grants you your own personal butler right from the very beginning, a very useful muscleman with skills in firearms and melee and athleticism. He has his own dialogue and intervenes in conversations. He sponges and dishes all the damage while I focus on occultism and spellcasting. You can still hire the spainaired as he does not count as a companion and with the outsider you now have 3 henchmen doing all the work for you while you relax and read occult text. I have been cruising through the game so far with no real challenge. Also did I mention you start with extra money?

Now for a question: I dismissed the outsider to hire the dead animated solider but now I cannot find the outsider again, anyone know where he hangs out?

that butler pretty much carried my useless gunslinger until i finally found a shotgun

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

that butler pretty much carried my useless gunslinger until i finally found a shotgun

Do you know if you dismissed the outsider, where can you find him?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom