Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

Deleted Member 16721

Where do you find the pendulum to hypnotize the mute girl?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder if my playthrough is fucked. My guy is beyond useless in combat, and my muscle man died. Reason I'm wondering is that I'm surprised how much combat there is and I don't think my guy has a chance in hell to survive it all.

Mortmal

Arcane
I wonder if my playthrough is fucked. My guy is beyond useless in combat, and my muscle man died. Reason I'm wondering is that I'm surprised how much combat there is and I don't think my guy has a chance in hell to survive it all.
If your guy is useless in combat you are fucked...Think the game favors jack of all trade with melee capabilities, guns and ammo are costly and not good enough, occult opens new options but spells aren't worth it so far in combat. Really only viable choice is melee+ dodge and a few points into anything else you want.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn, here I thought combat could be avoided. I guess my middle aged academic with zero combat prowess will succumb to the madness of "reload save".

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
How the hell do you obtain the Cultish hood.... I have the robes from a random encounter but not the hood, and it is esstential to progress through the main quest, this or fighting the entire cultish town (which is impossible).

Damn, here I thought combat could be avoided. I guess my middle aged academic with zero combat prowess will succumb to the madness of "reload save".
Yeah i would've preferred it if i could entirely avoid the slog-fest TB combat, but you can get away with a lot of it through stealth.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
So anyone know how insanity works? I randomly become paranoid, not sure how, and now my guy is spouting out nonsense when it comes to dialogue. I even got into a fight I can't win thanks to it. Is there a way to cure it? But I'm mostly curious how it happened in the first place? I didn't drop sanity to 0 or anything and being paranoid shouldn't make a complete loon I think.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Anybody having trouble finding companions you sent away? Sent Carter's wife back to the Eel but she's not there now. :/

Egosphere

Arcane
So anyone know how insanity works? I randomly become paranoid, not sure how, and now my guy is spouting out nonsense when it comes to dialogue. I even got into a fight I can't win thanks to it. Is there a way to cure it? But I'm mostly curious how it happened in the first place? I didn't drop sanity to 0 or anything and being paranoid shouldn't make a complete loon I think.

I think it happens if your sanity drops down to like 50% of its maximum.

Egosphere

Arcane
occultism is a big fat disappointment so far. The sanity cost is a killer and the spells aren't exactly a force to be reckoned with. my companions have to melee whilst I shuffle about in the back row giving the evil eye to the ruffians.

Jinn

Arcane
1,050 peak players on steam so far, which is pretty good for an RPG like this. Deserves much more though, imo.

Someone send a copy to Sseth!

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I must say playing a humanist is harder than I thought, I have to stop myself all the time from clicking on the cynical choice. But the sanity reward is nice

Jinn

Arcane
But the sanity reward is nice

The blows to your sanity when you find yourself in a brutal and cruel situation beyond your control are also really nice, from a pure gameplay perspective. It's the details like these and the immense variety that comes with them that puts this game a step above as an RPG.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
But the sanity reward is nice

The blows to your sanity when you find yourself in a brutal and cruel situation beyond your control are also really nice, from a pure gameplay perspective. It's the details like these and the immense variety that comes with them that puts this game a step above as an RPG.

This is definitely a game I want to replay later with different chars and mindsets just to see how they play out, there's a lot effort put into making those fun and unique

Deleted Member 16721

Alright, so how do I rest in Arkham? The Eel has a resident so I can't rent the room, and I'm not sure where else I could rest that doesn't involve leaving town to go to a world map destination. Is that what I have to do?

GloomFrost

Arcane
Any suggestions on "must have" skills to make game a it easier? Have to start a new character, coz my talkie talkie smart ass scientist just gets lOVEcrafted all the time. :dead:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Son of a fucking bitch! Now another companion is missing after I sent him away. What in the motherfucking fuck!
Yeah,it is pretty shit when it comes to companions. All of them just run off when dismissed and you can't get them back. Also the undead soldier is the worst,i send him off thinking he will wait for me near the pub. Nope he ended up attacking me on my next excursion in to the wields,he just bilined toward the useless woman and killed it in two turns.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Alright, so how do I rest in Arkham? The Eel has a resident so I can't rent the room, and I'm not sure where else I could rest that doesn't involve leaving town to go to a world map destination. Is that what I have to do?
There's a campfire in Arkham that lets you rest. Near the ex-military guy that gives you a picture of his flame.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thinking about starting over - didn't realize my Rationalist detective would be so adamant about denying the reality of the crazy shit around him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom