Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

Silva

Arcane
Oh boy, the "fantastic" in this game is just delicious. It has that same weird, bizarre vibe as PS:T. I swear if I see another "Elfs and dwarfs and orcs" bullshit again I'll puke on the screen.

P.S: the camp supplies reappeared in the shops, thanks.

Silva

Arcane
Fuck it, Sonnia Greene Carter vanished. She said she would wait for me on the Old Eel when I dropped her to get Undead soldier, but now she isn't nowhere to find.

I was counting on her Science to make the Hazard suit for me.

:negative:

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Atom RPG showed that it is completely fine to add a lot of content, quests, characters to an already finished game months after release. Why dont they do the same and then concentrate on a sequel. But first thing is first make an option to speed up combat, get rid of bugs and make "eating" optional.

What did they add ? im curious now.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
They added a ton of things, new quests, items, reworked some perks, new zones, and in the latest patch they added a proper isometric view, to name a few

Sloul

Savant
Fuck it, Sonnia Greene Carter vanished. She said she would wait for me on the Old Eel when I dropped her to get Undead soldier, but now she isn't nowhere to find.

I was counting on her Science to make the Hazard suit for me.

:negative:
You can ask the guy who asked you to retrieve his stuff in the warehouse to do it for you (the guy who sells electric parts).

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Looked at some YT vids of Atom and it looked like a generic Fallout clone. Is it good?

Personally I think it's worth playing. Definitely one of the better Fallout clones.
One particular thing of note slash warning though: there's quite a bit of Russian-flavored, immersion breaking humor in it and for better or worse many references of the communism sphere, which might be missed out on by uneducated western capitalist pigs. Could be a blessing in disguise though, because naturally these things are - depending on your personal tastes - very hit or miss. I myself did not enjoy some of the humorous bits, but overall I still think the game is worth it. Plus, if you are a poor fag the price tag of 15 bucks is a big plus as well.

But don't take just my word for it, the Hivemind thinks it's one of the best RPGs of all time. The 44th best to be precise. Just as with communism, so many people simply can't be wrong!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I've completed this and my review is imminent. All I'll say now is that some of you here need to get good and learn to play.

More specficially, the last fight in the warehouse can be avoided entirely as long as you don't get too close. That's supposed to be non-critical path harder fight for combat-oriented characters (the crate you get to loot as an award just has more guns).

Yosharian

Arcane
I've completed this and my review is imminent. All I'll say now is that some of you here need to get good and learn to play.

More specficially, the last fight in the warehouse can be avoided entirely as long as you don't get too close. That's supposed to be non-critical path harder fight for combat-oriented characters (the crate you get to loot as an award just has more guns).
Where is the transmitter then?!?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

In a crate to the left, away from the ghouls.

Yosharian

Arcane

In a crate to the left, away from the ghouls.
I checked that area, there was nothing to click on.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just walk into the center of the room saying, "greetings, boils and ghouls" like the Crypt Keeper, and they attack me for no reason. Diplomatic options sorely lacking.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I've completed this and my review is imminent.

For posterity.

The demo indicated that the team developing Stygian were heavily influenced by Fallout 1's approach to character development and world responsiveness to your skills, but also hinted that the Stygian team had very limited technical experience with Unity and/or game development.

Their ability to technically execute Stygian is my largest concern. I hope I'm wrong.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
none of the combat in the game is particularly hard, every other rpg i've played in the last 2 years was harder, I beat the ghouls with no bullets, and no lanturn

it's kind of obtuse you needed the lanturn to open the crates but still, none of the combat in the game was hard if you had companions

Deleted Member 16721

none of the combat in the game is particularly hard, every other rpg i've played in the last 2 years was harder, I beat the ghouls with no bullets, and no lanturn

it's kind of obtuse you needed the lanturn to open the crates but still, none of the combat in the game was hard if you had companions

Hmm, the mob encounter with 5 dogs was impossible for me, the mobsters mowed me down in one turn.

Yosharian

Arcane

:hmmm:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom