Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends - RIP n-Space!

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
when somebody adds a spell that has an AC bonus, but having to explicitly program a check for each other AC stacking effect
ac bonus stacking is and ever was hardcoded.

Zeriel

Arcane
ac bonus stacking is and ever was hardcoded.

I was wondering what the fuck these guys were talking about throughout the thread, having some familiarity with NWN's toolset myself. The only exception I can think of are effects, which are applied through scripting, but effects are just a package for scripting functions and can thus do anything, so they're rather irrelevant to the topic.

sstacks

Arcane
Just by the way, the wildly aggressive, profanity laden tangent on stacking bonuses is one of the reasons I have a special place in my heart for the Codex :hug:

Ash_Firelord

Educated
People are having an argument (and seemingly getting angry) about how buff stacking is handled?!

Ahhh... Registering in these forums was the right call. This is, indeed, home. ^_^

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
PcxuDd9.png

Looks like another case of "critics hate it, players love it."

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The video on this site is somewhat interesting as it shows the DM at points literally DMing as if it was tabletop, having the players RP and roll dice etc (evidently there is a function in the game to roll dice).

I hadn't seen it used like this in other previews and etc.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-ventures-into-sword-coast-legends/2300-10799/

Pffft look at all that gay roleplaying crap.. go back to NWN 2 losers.. I wanna blow shit up with fireballs!!!!!!

SCL 10/10 GOTY

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
INB4 big publishers think that players no longer want RPG's where you can make your own adventures..

Instead of say.. realizing that players don't want shovel ware games with neutered features.

Sadly the best bet for combat is not tactical positioning and judicious use of skills and abilities, but to group your characters together and focus attacks on each individual target until everything is dead. It’s mind-numblingdly dull and when stood next to something like Pillars of Eternity it is embarassing.
http://www.gamewatcher.com/reviews/sword-coast-legends-review/12375#sthash.XEDvIAcW.dpuf

Remember how people actually thought that SCL would be better than POE even in the worst case scenario? Amusing.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"People are having an argument (and seemingly getting angry) about how buff stacking is handled?!"

Who is angry fuckface?

Also, once again, I am proven right. Not surprising.

L0L @AOD having higher ratings. Not too surprising thoguh - most people who buy AOD likely knew they were gonna like it anyways b/c they were probably keeping an eye on it pre released possibly even pl;aying over the past 2 decades. Meanwhile, people probably saw SCL in the Steam Store - saw DnD logo or probably 'from ex BIO devs JUST LIKE NWN and DA knowing nothing about it... and, realzied, yeah, it's like those games... but 10x worse. EPIC FAIL.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
From the article that is lolworthy:

"Each character, including yourself, starts off with a full set of magical armour that renders the majority of what you find useless anyway so your only choice is to sell them. "

FUCK OFF.

"The pathfinding of allies is atrocious and many times I found my Elf ranger sprinting to fire arrows at point-blank range and then subsequently getting torn to shreds"
\
Yet morans defendingt he game *cough* Obsidian fanboys *cough* claimed that SCL had better AI than every other RT w/pause game ever. LMAO

"but to group your characters together and focus attacks on each individual target until everything is dead. "

Huh? That is the best strategy no matter the game. That, byt itself, is not a bad thing. hwoever, it is up to the game dev to make it so that option isn't always easily available.

"My Dwarven thief, who bizarrely didn’t have the ability to steal anything, "

This guy is old skoole. It's a rogue not a thief. Hasn't been a thief for decades. That said, inability to steal? WHAT THE FUCK.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's interesting if you check the front page at http://steamspy.com/, you see the top 25 "trending" games, and all of them have a high rating metascore (80-90%) with one remarkable exception.

Weasel
Thought this was a 'fake Bubbles' post at first glance...

Don't flame me, but I think the game is pretty dern fun. Like so many of you guys I was hoping for a more "true" D&D experience, and better DM Tools, but the game is growing on me.
You've herd this analogy before, but remember when it was released everyone thought Fallout3 was going to flop, becouse the fans of the franchise hated it, but now it is considered by some as one of the greatest games of all time.
I'm not saying SCL will ever be that good, but mark my words it will at least be a cult classic.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Pathfinder: Wrath
Players complaining on the trivial difficulty, even on Hard:

https://forums.swordcoast.com/index.php?/topic/7654-game-is-too-easy/

Just a few timid answers deny the obvious, these are some quotes from the rest:

"Even playing on difficulty "hard" is no real challenge"

"The problem is that "death" really has no meaning. Just run around and "stabilize" everyone"

"When hard battles go wrong, I hear Benny Hill music in my head as I play musical revive until the enemies die."

"I'm not playing with a cleric. In fact, my party hardly takes damage."

"Hard is a walk in the park. There is no challenge in this game within the vanilla campaign."

"Even the final battle was pretty much a joke. Really enjoyed the story, but never felt the slightest concern about failing..."

"I already say this....game broken, too easy....we have a real challenge only in first dungeon....then-----> no need pause...almost no need healing"

"While I really enjoyed the story in the campaign I felt it was way too easy even on hard"

"Yes, this is Game of Revivals ... just run around and reviving everyone until every mob is dead ... I mean, why the hell there is a resurrection spell for priest then?"

"Monsters have no protective spells/abilities you are forced to counter/disrupt, so only what left is a HP pool and some natural resistances, which in fact that monsters very rarely resurrect or heal themselves(saw it only once in a whole game), makes it really easy to overcome ..."

bussinrounds

Augur
The problem is that "death" really has no meaning. Just run around and "stabilize" everyone

When hard battles go wrong, I hear Benny Hill music in my head as I play musical revive until the enemies die.

Yea, watching some of sstacks vids, this aspect was just atrocious to behold. It's like they're trying their hardest to keep you from having to reload a game/have a party wipe. :retarded: Why ?

Reminds me of the Toddler saying...lets make the dog invisible because ppl are just gonna reload if he dies anyway.

Ehh...shitty casual games catering to newshits.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom