Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity The Baldur's Gate 3 neutral thread

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Most people: "Hey guys, any good games you can recommend me."
Swen: "Hey guys, what game should I like."

I've never seen someone try so hard to be popular and hip.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
The truth is that larian have no business calling this bg3, have no business calling anything bg3. It's a clear soulless passionless move on their part. Let the bad developers stay in their own lane. If they want to work on a legacy, they should have done a better job at making their own. They've been at it as long as bg has, and yet they failed and nobody cares about their old games, just the ones that are fresh in peoples mind. They have no longevity because when you appeal to the people they appeal to, they need new flash to keep their mind occupied at all times.
Stop your absolute nonesense. You are objectively wrong, if "nobody cares about their old games" then why is a 4 year old larian game still the most played rpg on steam? And by what metric is DOS2 a bad game? It has 93 meta score.

You're mentally ill, it's time for you to check into a mental asylum for your own good.

Also the original BG games were ok 20 years ago but we have higher standards now, BG3 will be the best CRPG ever. You will have to accept it.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Baldur's Gate 3 will usher in a new renaissance of CRPG's.

The old boomers won't like it, but this will be the only way forward, us belgians will be hated for this transition but it needs to happen if the genre wants to survive.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Football manager is more popular than DOS2 right now. Must be a better game.
95% of the total worldwide playtime of Football Manager can be traced back to Abu Antar, so its popularity indicators are totally unreliable.
upload_2021-6-7_18-15-51.png

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Baldur's Gate 3 will usher in a new renaissance of CRPG's.

The old boomers won't like it, but this will be the only way forward, us belgians will be hated for this transition but it needs to happen if the genre wants to survive.

Belge DNE forward

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Am I the only one who absolutely detests to see Thieflings fucking everywhere in Baldur's Gate 3?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd rather see more Halflings (white) and Humans (white).
This is probably a direct influence of Planescape: Torment. If MCA, indeed, had more funds to do more plane travelling as he wanted, you would've seen a lot more variation in the populace.

I've only seen bits and pieces because I refuse to pay for EA, but I agree that it would make for a much better game if you had distinct characters that stand out.

Like, for example, make a whole village of untainted men and women, that are straight up human, because they had an Aasimar that guided them, and sanctified the ground when it all went straight to hell. Probably won't happen, but it would've been nice to have someone there think outside the box.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
They’re not the only ones fucking everywhere. If you want more humans (white) get their T-levels back up to normal. Right now most are Halflings.

Games with gritty realism are going to reflect that.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm so neutral about "BG3" that I've probably only posted on the Codex about it 10-15 times or so, and read a few bits here and there to find out if it has anything to do with the original games. Which it doesn't seem to?. If it was at least neutral good I might have given it a go. But you can't seem to get an opinion that isn't lawful retard from the Larian guys, so they've kinda made me a true neutral about it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Sacibengala

Prophet
I'm so neutral about "BG3" that I've probably only posted on the Codex about it 10-15 times or so, and read a few bits here and there to find out if it has anything to do with the original games. Which it doesn't seem to?. If it was at least neutral good I might have given it a go. But you can't seem to get an opinion that isn't lawful retard from the Larian guys, so they've kinda made me a true neutral about it.
This is 5e for you. They're been faithful with the source material, 5e is such a disappointment in setting and lore department. Larian is doing great job doing what they're told to do by wotc. And nobody cares about rules theses days...

Novice
Baldur's Gate 3 will be an objectively good game once the definitive edition is out. Basement-dwelling, BG2-adoring, grass-avoiding, nostalgia slaves within this echo chamber will have no say in it. Nobody will care, as is the case right now anyway.

However, D&D is horseshit, and always has been. Baldur's Gate franchise should be left for dead. This is a genuine waste of Larian Studios' talents.

So while the good thing here is that we will get another game from Larian, the bad thing is that all their efforts are being wasted for a product that (1) is set in the D&D universe and limited by its dogshit ruleset, and (2) tries to revive a game series that has always been shit in terms of gameplay and infantile in terms of writing (and rightfully undeserving of revival).

Neutral take.

Last edited:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I hoped I will be True Neutral about BG3 - I hoped the game will be pleasantly mid.
Instead I got a schizo Chaotic Neutral - this game has (arguably) the best encounter design in the genre, but with broken mechanics and the most juvenile writing I've seen in the genre.

It's like Swen took a long look at the cringiest hormone-fuelled BG2 mods and said: Yes. I've broken the code. This is what people want. Add more "fuck" and "cuck" to the dialogues. Make a funny book about Xan inserting a moonblade hilt into his anus.

What a world...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom