Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk - parodic fantasy tactical RPG - now with Back to the Futon DLC

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Now Solasta's load times, that's another story

But there's hardly ever need to reload in Solasta, especially past level 5.
I see you finished the game in one sitting.

Of course not, I reloaded twice(!!) at least.
But even though Solasta has harsher reload requirements (a single death is all it takes) I still find Solasta's Apocalypse to be more forgiving to tactical mistakes than Naheulbeuk's Nightmare.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
basically nothing compared to release pillows or kangmaker

I'd say
worst: pillows
still bad but nowhere near pillows: solasta
almost as bad as solasta: kingmaker

it's just that you reload or area transition way more in kingmaker so it feels worse

But there's hardly ever need to reload in Solasta, especially past level 5.

i know, it's sad isn't it

however you do have to load on area transitions which are very, very frequent in the dlc

thesecret1

Arcane
Kangmaker is practically unplayable without an SSD. I tried, and literally spent more time watching loading screens than playing

Antigoon

Augur
Black Geysir is even worse, if that counts. Not only the length of individual loading screens, but also the sheer number of pointless area transitions are outrageous.
Loading times with Naheulbeuk were never that bad, only performance issue I had were these freaking micro delays before each chars turn. But they are pretty much patched out now.

Codex Year of the Donut
unity games with shit loading times are because they rely on unity's scene management for loading/unloading "levels"
atom rpg & deadfire both skirted around this by having their own serializers/deserializers for all the scene shit other than static geometry, but it's just another obvious flaw unity has that they seem to have no interest in fixing because it doesn't really affect mobile games and they don't give two shits about desktop/consoles

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Holy crap! What a rush this encounter against that demon dude Losax was. Dudes, I had to like, use my brains and stuff. It took me so many hours to figure out how to deal with his initial guards, and the ones he spawns. I kept getting confused about those heavy armor fighters. For some reason my brain thought it was a good idea to bunch up. Form a line. protect backline then slowly advance forward and crash into the enemy's ranks; but that didn't work cause all it did for me was spread damage. I needed things to die fast so I can encircle Losax, or, at the very least, have someone engage on him and do bits of damage in order to not lag in damage - dude has like lots of health, and immunities to boot!

Anyways, there's a heavy fighter man that would constantly try to flank me from sides. Essentially leaving him vulnerable; that was their weak link. So I quaffed up on those murderhobo potions which I bought earlier in case I'd stumble on a hard encounter, like this. Got Barbarian, Ogre, and Dwarf into position. Had Priestess use buff to improve their courage so they can act faster than enemy. Then I had them rush that idiot and massacre him! They got so much health and can buff their allies and on top of also acting as buffers for Losax. I had to kill them as quickly as I can. Oh yeah. They also had a human mage guy. That dude was super easy to kill with my Wizard and Elf. Once I managed to clean up the field as best as I could. I grabbed my Ranger - he has perk where he can stun full health enemies - and used shield ability to play popamole with the clones Losax would summon. Wizardess would clean up the dudes I stun while Ogre and main damage dealers will chase Losax.

It took FOREVER to whittle Losax down, but god DAMN I felt a nice sense of satisfactions once I killed him. Look:
wnbug9r.jpg
:salute: :salute:

5nnk2PG.jpg

Erebus

Arcane
The first time I played the game, it took me at least 5 or 6 tries before I managed to win the fight against Losax (and I wasn't even playing on Nightmare difficulty then). His special abilities and the protection buff he gets from one of his servants drove me close to despair.

The fight is easier (though certainly not easy) once you figure out what works and what doesn't. Losax is immune to all the effects that could prevent him from acting, but he can be immobilized, which prevents him from creating a clone when he moves. He can also take damage over time from poisoned and flaming attack, which is very useful (such damage ignores protection and is proportional to the target's hit points).

There's no good way to defend against his spell that inflicts damage over time, except by making sure that your heroes don't remain too close to each other. The Priestess can dispel its effect on a character, but her spell's cooldown means that she won't be able to do so very often.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
the protection buff he gets from one of his servants drove me close to despair.
Me too. It took me many tries to figure out best way to eliminate the dudes who buff super fast.
Losax is immune to all the effects that could prevent him from acting, but he can be immobilized, which prevents him from creating a clone when he moves.
Argh! I didn't know. I just assumed since he's immune to frozen state he'd also be immune to stun. I should have tested Thief's caltrops just to be sure. To add to the pain and humiliation you can also prevent from creating clone!
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/styles/dark/ratings/rating_negativeman.png

All this time. I didn't have to play popamole with his clones.. Though. It was kind of fun.
He can also take damage over time from poisoned and flaming attack, which is very useful (such damage ignores protection and is proportional to the target's hit points).
Again. I just assumed that'd he be immune to all special effects since he wasn't affected by frozen or stun status. Joke's on me, lol.

Thank you so much for the tips, by the way!
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/styles/dark/ratings/rating_brofist.png

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Alright. I am VERY curious on how the rest of you dealt with this demon fuck (Gargalor) without wanting to smash face on keyboard. I busted my ass all night trying to figure out the "secret" to this fight - haven't even slept at all. Until I said fuck it I'm going to buy as much time as I can whilst running world's first special olympics marathon of who can DPS race the bestest without having a sudden stroke and choking out. I used Ranger to stun incoming skeleton mages, and if they didn't get stunned I'd use mage plus extra randomia turn to kill them before the lousy jerks can act. As it's imperative to take those assholes down. Otherwise they heal demon fucker for SEVEN HUNDRED or even MORE hps. As if the fucker needed MORE hps. The whole thing was a stress inducing nail biting DPS race, with some shitposting on Codex to improve morale, all the while hoping I get critical rolls on the right people. Such as Barbarian, Mage, and Elf's one shot ranged skill - she can sometimes, if her critical chance is buffed with rings, do massive damage with that skill. Also did I mention the dumb move where demon can slam floor for BIG damage obliterating every one in vicinity? Did I also mention he CAN'T be pushed or be cancelled? FUCK! Anyways good fight. Would like to hear how you folks handled this encounter. Love reading your tips!

Some screenies of demon fuck eating dirt like the big jerk he is!
I almost fainted when I finally got him so low. Was afraid something stupid would happen and I'd choke.
N6UgupL.jpg

UUkiqUf.jpg

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Unfortunately I don’t have much to say about Garbalor because as I think I mention in the review, I found him weirdly easy. Maybe he was buffed since?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Unfortunately I don’t have much to say about Garbalor because as I think I mention in the review, I found him weirdly easy. Maybe he was buffed since?
I dunno. It's my first time fighting him. He was super hard for me on hardest difficulty. Dude is immune to everything, unless I didn't test all status effects, except for caltrops or backstab perk that prevents him from moving.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I dunno. It's my first time fighting him. He was super hard for me on hardest difficulty. Dude is immune to everything, unless I didn't test all status effects, except for caltrops or backstab perk that prevents him from moving.

Is it the "secret" boss?
It's been a while, since I beat him.
Back in the day, I posted my impressions of that encounter, maybe it could be of some use to you.

"Yeah, it's a fun encounter.
I failed on my first attempt and thought about changing specs for a bit of extra damage too.
But I got him next try, when I almost completely ignored the adds (the only one I killed was the skeleton-wizard in the first wave) and focused on burning the boss down.
I placed him near the left middle-column, which provided some cover against all adds waves.
And I had to sacrifice all my melee guys by leaving them within the 2nd huge-ass AOE just so they could deal an extra turn worth of damage.

The things this game made me do for victory, - my Dwarf gave his life so the Elf could get a kill shot."

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo is there a new dlc or something ? Why is this thread so active this few days ?What is the last dlc ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom