Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Guess the Province/Location

• Hammerfell

• High Rock

• Valenwood

• Elsweyr

• Black Marsh

• Summerset Isle

• Daggerfall

• Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Elder Scrolls VI is 5 plus years away.

Spencer shared the news in the recent hearing for the Federal Trade Commission vs. Microsoft case, with the FTC attempting to block the tech giant’s acquisition deal of gaming giant Activision-Blizzard.

Asked about Elder Scrolls VI platforms: “It’s so far out it’s hard to understand what the platforms will even be…” … “We’re talking about a game that’s five-plus years away”
Spencer fuzzy on whether he previously made a public statement saying it’d be Xbox-only

https://mp1st.com/news/the-elder-scrolls-6-is-5-years-away-says-phil-spencer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.eurogamer.net/microsoft...-scrolls-16-release-apparently-coming-in-2026

Microsoft lawyer skips ahead to "Elder Scrolls 16" release, apparently coming in 2026​

Sky-brimming over.

Microsoft's lawyer made a bit of a slip last night, casually stating that "The Elder Scrolls 16" will release in 2026. Needless to say, this is incorrect.

The court case between Microsoft and the FTC came to a close yesterday, after several days of testimonies, revelations and Sharpie-related blunders.

During the proceedings, Microsoft's lawyer took to the floor in a bid to clear up a bit of a misunderstanding surrounding Bethesda's Elder Scrolls series. However, in doing so, they perhaps made things a touch more confusing.

As transcribed by The Verge, Microsoft's lawyer tried to offer some clarification between two Elder Scrolls games.

"When you were asking about Zenimax and asked [the FTC lawyer] to find a game that was most similar to Xbox, he mentioned Elder Scrolls. That is incorrect," Microsoft's lawyer began. "There are two Elder Scrolls games, one is online called Elder Scrolls Online - that is a multiplayer game, it is on PlayStation today."

Microsoft's lawyer then went on to state that the FTC's lawyer had instead been referring to "The Elder Scrolls 16", whose "projected release is 2026 as a single-player game".

Obviously, Microsoft's lawyer was referring to Elder Scroll 6, rather than 16.

However, even that 2026 date seems unlikely. After all, just last week, Xbox boss Phil Spencer stated that the latest instalment of the highly-anticipated RPG series was still "five-plus years away".

So, according to Spencer, we would be looking at a 2028 release date at the very earliest.

When further questioned directly about Elder Scrolls 6, Spencer reportedly said he "didn't even know which Microsoft platforms it'd be on", adding: "It's so far out it's hard to understand what the platforms will even be".

A final decision on the FTC vs Microsoft case is expected as early as next week.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
When I voted in this poll many years ago the prospect of Hammerfell as a setting didn't seem so bad to me. Nowadays though...
The OG Hammerfell (in the early days of Elder Scrolls series - Arena, Daggerfall and even Morrowind) was North African/Moorish, not Sub Saharan chimp simulator. Redguards had a pretty interesting culture, very good fighters (no wonder the Empire recruited A LOT of redguards), hell, they even kicked the asses of the Thalmori Dominion by themselves!
But we already had Hammerfell in Arena and Daggerfall (including the capital city - Sentinel).

EvilWolf

Learned
When I voted in this poll many years ago the prospect of Hammerfell as a setting didn't seem so bad to me. Nowadays though...
The OG Hammerfell (in the early days of Elder Scrolls series - Arena, Daggerfall and even Morrowind) was North African/Moorish, not Sub Saharan chimp simulator. Redguards had a pretty interesting culture, very good fighters (no wonder the Empire recruited A LOT of redguards), hell, they even kicked the asses of the Thalmori Dominion by themselves!
But we already had Hammerfell in Arena and Daggerfall (including the capital city - Sentinel).
... let me guess, Lawrence Schick we wuz'd Hammerfell? Because even in Skyrim they were still Moorish. For maximum keks look up King Camaron on the UESP.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.theverge.com/2023/9/18/23878504/the-elder-scrolls-6-2026-release-xbox-exclusive

The Elder Scrolls VI will skip PS5 and isn’t coming until at least 2026​

The long-expected reveal comes as part of a new document revealed during the FTC v. Microsoft case.

A document released as part of the FTC v. Microsoft case confirms what was long expected: The Elder Scrolls VI isn’t going to launch for a few years, and it isn’t coming to PlayStation. According to the new chart, which Microsoft produced for the FTC, the next Elder Scrolls game isn’t expected to launch until at least 2026 — something a Microsoft lawyer also mentioned in the court case. And much like Bethesda’s most recent games — Starfield and Redfall — it’ll be available on both PC and Xbox when it does launch.

In a statement about exclusivity attached to The Elder Scrolls VI section of the chart, which comes from an interview with Xbox head Phil Spencer in GQ, Spencer said, “In order to be on Xbox, I want us to be able to bring the full complete package of what we have. And that would be true when I think about Elder Scrolls VI.”

A document on Xbox game exclusivity.

Image: US Courts

The Elder Scrolls VI was first revealed back in 2018, though we haven’t heard much about Bethesda’s next fantasy adventure since then. It’s long been expected to be an exclusive to Microsoft platforms, even if the company wouldn’t confirm it; last year, as part of the same FTC v. Microsoft case, it was revealed that the next three Bethesda games would be exclusives. That would include Starfield, The Elder Scrolls VI, and the upcoming Indiana Jones game.

This reveal is just part of a deluge of new details that came out of the case today, including Microsoft’s plan to stream PC cloud games, Activision Blizzard’s briefing on the next Nintendo Switch, and Microsoft’s reaction to the PS5 announcement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom