Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Guess the Province/Location

• Hammerfell

• High Rock

• Valenwood

• Elsweyr

• Black Marsh

• Summerset Isle

• Daggerfall

• Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Life expectancy in Morrowind is 16. He's doing great.

Dr1f7

Scholar
I knew it, Elder Scrolls 6 is just Skyrim again.
Wouldn't even surprise me to see Todd go onstage and say some shit like

"The next generation of Elder Scrolls, T E S 6: SKYRIM!!!!"

Vatnik Wumao
The best part is that TES6 is just going to make people nostalgic for Skyrim.
Worst case scenario is that it'll be just as mediocre as Skyrim (only that it'll replace Stormcloaks vs Imperials with Crowns vs Forebears, dragon shouts with sword-singing, pop culture vikings with Arabian Nights & co. etc etc), but - unless you care about Skyrim's particular aesthetics - I doubt that people will prefer Skyrim to it (preexisting Skyrim mods aside).

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
There is only one logical prediction for this game if you have noticed the pattern of streamlining.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Wow it was announced like 5 years ago and still no real info lol
Bethesda Softworks itself only has one real development team at a time, and it's currently engaged in completing Starfield. Though if they had had any sense, they would have initiated development of The Elder Scrolls VI immediately after Fallout IV while employing a few programmers and designers to begin work on a new engine suited for a space-based game, which would have enabled them to release TES VI in 2019 followed by Starfield this year, each with four years of full-scale development.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Fuck Todd Howard's WOKE Elder Scrolls 6. You'll be playing my Elder Scrolls 6 before Todd's. Once American Civil War 2 starts, and value of all video game IPs plummets, and value of eggs, bullets and bread skyrockets, I'll purchase both Fallout and Elder Scrolls IPs for the price of 2 radishes and make them Great Again here in Balkan

Document Video Game History, screenshot this post

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Fuck Todd Howard's WOKE Elder Scrolls 6. You'll be playing my Elder Scrolls 6 before Todd's. Once American Civil War 2 starts, and value of all video game IPs plummets, and value of eggs, bullets and bread skyrockets, I'll purchase both Fallout and Elder Scrolls IPs for the price of 2 radishes and make them Great Again here in Balkan

Document Video Game History, screenshot this post
Balkan Scrolls.

Stella Brando

Arcane
I wonder what Todd will be streamlining this time around...

I remember seeing a Fallout 4 video on the Youtubes saying that the next thing to go in that series (after skills, conversation options, etc) could be 'inventory management.' There would still be an inventory, but no managing of it. Which I guess would just mean that everyone would just have a free bag of holding.

Makes you think...
Speaking for myself, personally: I think that just like Fallout has press V to use VATS, TES will have press C to achieve CHIM. It could be Todd's Sistine Ceiling, the awesCHIM button.

lol

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder what Todd will be streamlining this time around...
I remember seeing something a Fallout 4 video on the Youtubes saying that the next thing to go in that series (after skills, conversation options, etc) could be 'inventory management.' There would still be an inventory, but no managing of it. Which I guess would just mean that everyone would just have a free bag of holding.
Good riddance. A good inventory system would be ideal ... but no system at all is better than an awful one.

thesecret1

Arcane
Inventory management will stick around, because if it wasn't there, Bethesda wouldn't be able to fill the world with pickupable litter, like mugs and baskets and shit like that (as players would then strip the world bare, picking literally everything up).

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Bring back the inventory management of Morrowind. If not, then make a new one, but, for the love of God, do not bring back the one from Skyrim, or one similar to Skyrim.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Bring back the inventory management of Morrowind. If not, then make a new one, but, for the love of God, do not bring back the one from Skyrim, or one similar to Skyrim.
Protip: the UI design will be such that a person on a couch can read it on his TV 2 meters away, and navigate it with his gamepad.
As in, it will be shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom