Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Game Awards 2021 - December 9th

Alphons

Cipher
Meanwhile at Ghost Story Games:

5why1d.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Ah yes, Ken Levine’s “new” studio that has existed for a “mere” five years without announcing a single project.
Seriously, what the fuck are 2K doing keeping this devwing open? Total fucking nonsense.

And to think that FF3 died so Ken could become… this.
:negative:

Thanks to game journalists turning Ken into a meme, 2K figures he's worth holding on to even with all the waste. They knew that it was always going to be this way with him, which is why he was downsized to a sub-100-person dev studio to at least keep the spending within acceptable limits.

Ash

Arcane
Ken Levine looks like a total hick lol. He obviously isn't one, but he has that stereotypical look. Just needs a red hat, a little tattered, with some 'merican corporate or national symbolism on it. Fuck it throw some straw in his mouth too.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Ah yes, Ken Levine’s “new” studio that has existed for a “mere” five years without announcing a single project.
Seriously, what the fuck are 2K doing keeping this devwing open? Total fucking nonsense.

They keep him to do small and risky stuff. He wouldn't want to have it otherwise anyways. If it pays off, 2K Mothership can grab his ideas and scale it up to a AAAA game for one of their mega studios. If not... so what? His tiny team costs them a week's worth of GTA5 sales.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Since it's a waste of time and brain cells I don't watch the actual shows these days, just the trailers that seem interesting, which are very few in numbers.

Last edited:

Supermedo

Augur
I don't spend a lot of time in Codex but I'm surprised by the amount of hate Deathloop gotten, I mean it is modern immersive sim.

Do people here in Codex really hate it because you play as black guy.

Supermedo

Augur
I don't spend a lot of time in Codex but I'm surprised by the amount of hate Deathloop gotten, I mean it is modern immersive sim.

Do people here in Codex really hate it because you play as black guy.
Apparently can't even be bothered to read the first page of this thread :M https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/the-game-awards-2021-december-9th.140886/#post-7604865
My bad I only saw first image of user review and nigger-loop but to be fair the guy game must be bugged or playing in the easiest difficulty because AI was no where as dumb as in the video shown when I played it.

Lambach

Arcane

It is by far the worst modern immersive sim put out by any big or relatively-big name studio in a very long time. It features genuinely some of the most cringe writing, dumbest gameplay (in large part due to mostly non-existent enemy AI), unconvincing and uninteresting lore I've had the unfortune of experiencing in a very long time. It makes Prey look like an unparalleled masterpiece in comparison, despite Prey's many flaws.

Supermedo

Augur

It is by far the worst modern immersive sim put out by any big or relatively-big name studio in a very long time. It features genuinely some of the most cringe writing, dumbest gameplay (in large part due to mostly non-existent enemy AI), unconvincing and uninteresting lore I've had the unfortune of experiencing in a very long time. It makes Prey look like an unparalleled masterpiece in comparison, despite Prey's many flaws.
While I disagree about the gameplay but I get you.
Still if Arkane Studios got canned we will not get shit, Death loop is the closet we gonna get for immersive sim by AAA studio and I don't know any good indie immersive sim, heck aside from System shock remakes I don't think there any indie immersive sim.

Anyway I know my grammar is shit but what I wanted to say I rather have death loop and prey over nothing at all and If we tried to look at them objectively they aren't bad, yeah they aren't deus ex but overall they are pretty good games.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Lambach

Arcane
Still if Arkane Studios got canned we will not get shit, Death loop is the closet we gonna get for immersive sim by AAA studio and I don't know any good indie immersive sim heck aside from System shock remakes I don't think there any indie immersive sim.

If the future of the immersive sim genre is Deathloop-like garbage pushed out by Arkane over and over again, then the immersive sim genre needs to be doused in gasoline, set on fire and pushed off the highest cliff we can find. Garbage should not be tolerated, period, I don't give a fuck about how much you need your next "immersive sim" hit so you don't go into withdrawal and crash.

Supermedo

Augur
My bad I only saw first image of user review and nigger-loop but to be fair the guy game must be bugged or playing in the easiest difficulty because AI was no where as dumb as in the video shown when I played it.

:hmmm:

There are no difficulty levels. Are you an actual shill? :P

They did patch the AI but it will never be an actual challenge because of their design goals https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/the-game-awards-2021-december-9th.140886/page-2#post-7605859
oh shit you are right, I didn't really notice there wasn't difficultly option but I did play the game two month ago and I don't remember the AI being that brain dead.

Still if Arkane Studios got canned we will not get shit, Death loop is the closet we gonna get for immersive sim by AAA studio and I don't know any good indie immersive sim heck aside from System shock remakes I don't think there any indie immersive sim.

If the future of the immersive sim genre is Deathloop-like garbage pushed out by Arkane over and over again, then the immersive sim genre needs to be doused in gasoline, set on fire and pushed off the highest cliff we can find. Garbage should not be tolerated, period, I don't give a fuck about how much you need your next "immersive sim" hit so you don't go into withdrawal and crash.
Well shit my bad I didn't know people really hated it, I enjoyed my time with it to be honest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom